Friday, January 02, 2009
I survived the In-Law Visit!
Well, you guys know I don't particularly care to visit my in-laws. They are just simply not very nice to me.

it goes way back


But I can honestly say they tried to be better this time. Only my husband's grandmother pissed me off this time.

What did she do, you wonder?

Let's see: SHE SOLD MY ANTIQUE DRESSER IN A GARAGE SALE FOR $25!!!!!

****initiate slow burn here*******

OK. So when we moved, we had a lot of stuff that got left up in Amarillo. We had it in a storage unit, that my husband gave the key to his parents, so they could keep an eye on it. The antique dresser in question, needed to be refinished. When I bought it, it was painted. So since it was already painted, I painted it again & threw it in Ashton's room. Now she has a new bedroom set, so I figured I could strip it, stain it, and place it in the living room to use. Neat idea, huh? It's about 100 years old. I knew it probably looked great under the paint.

So anyway, the grandmother told us that SHE would strip it for us. I told her that I could do it, but NOOOoOOOooooOOOOoooooooo....she wants to feel USEFUL. So fine, strip the sumbitch please.

She got halfway thru stripping it, and decided she was tired. So she stuck it in a garage sale & got $25.

*******************HATING HER RIGHT NOW************************

When she told me about it, she told me ever so sweetly that she "had something to get off her chest" and then told me I didn't want the dresser anyway.

nice.

I'm just going to crawl back into my hole and be bitter for awhile.

but hey! if anyone wants to look me up on facebook, just do the friendfinder with my email itsnorman@gmail.com

That oughta show you where I am! But remember, mum's the word about my griping about the fam on there since "they" can see it on facebook. :)
 
posted by Norman at 10:03 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At Tuesday, January 06, 2009 8:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Was it purple and ugly as sin, but the cracked paint showed real oak underneath it all that junk? Is the antique beautiful brass hardware also painted purple and were gaudy big white plastic wheels drilled on it sometime?

    My mom bought it then. I'm sorry. If you drive up to the midwest, I'll give you it for free.

    Later Gator,
    Ally

     
  • At Wednesday, January 07, 2009 12:00:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    My grandma gave my dog away. I was livid. She wouldn't tell me who she gave it to or give me any info so I could get her back, so I didn't talk to her at all for 2 years.

    Now I'm pissed off all over again. Dammit.

    What is wrong with old people?

     
  • At Friday, January 09, 2009 12:04:00 PM, Blogger Christine

    Nice of you to let the bitch live. I don't think I would have been that kind.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com