Sunday, September 21, 2008
How did this happen, I wonder?
Mind you....I'm not bitching (for once). But let me tell you, the scale is NOT my friend. I'm heavier than I'd like to be, I wish I was still the svelte 105 I weighed back in high school, but hey- that's all wishes and fishes or however that saying goes.

But 20 years and three kids later, I find a minor battle going on. I can honestly say that I really do look better than some 20-ish people out there, but I'm not happy with myself, if that makes sense.

About 3 months ago, I stepped on the scale and was horrified to see that I weighed what I did when I was 6 months pregnant with Ethan. So I haven't gotten on the scale since. Sinking into a depression, I did nothing to help myself. No yoga. No pilates, no jogging, no walking, no running, no dieting.... I'm mean - honestly, what's the point? If I can't lose weight trying to chase 3 small children, NOTHING is gonna work.

Yesterday, my mom told me she thought I was looking good, and two of my coworkers asked me last week where I worked out.

?????

What's up with that?

So this morning, I got on the scale.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 10 pounds from my "happy weight" of 125. I was 20 away 3 months ago.

Suddenly, I feel like maybe I can rush it off by walking or jogging or yoga-ing (if i knew how to yoga).

My husband, relieved not to have to answer the "Do I look fat in this?" daily question, wants to buy the Wii Fit so we can play together and actually work out at the same time.

Now, I'm not complaining, but where did the weight go?
 
posted by Norman at 6:26 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com