Friday, December 30, 2005
YUMMY!
Hey! Do you guys like those chocolate turtle candies? Here's a pie I made this last week, it is essentially, one big giant turtle. The recipe says it serves 10, but since it's so rich, I believe it would serve double that. You just can't eat a regular 'pie slice' serving of it. The best part is it takes all of 30 minutes to make.

Now my kids each had a sliver two days ago. I think they are STILL on a sugar high. I can't get them to calm down, and they keep insisting they want some more. Ummmm.... NO! Besides, I just took Ashy to the dentist to get a cavity filled. I bet this damn pie is the one that cratered her tooth.

I bought some stuff yesterday... a purse (which cost a whopping $10... but it's waaaaay cute), a necklace set, which was 75% off and cost a whole big $2.95 and a pair of earrings for $1.00. (Did I mention this was a cheap store?) I also bought some second-hand clothes for my baby, that don't look used. I spent a total of $58. My husband had a fit. DON'T SPEND MONEY AFTER CHRISTMAS!!!! But two hours later I found out he bought a brand spanking new iPod, soooo.... THHHPPPBBBBBBTTTT. Such a turd.

Anyway... make this pie!

Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pie:

3 cups pecan pieces, divided
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter or marg.. melted
1 14oz pkg caramals
2/3 cup whipping cream, divided
1 pkg (8 squares) Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Place 2 cups of pecans in food processor and finely grind them (hey... i found out.. you need to put the COVER on when you do this... yikes!). Mix ground pecans with granulated sugar and butter. Press into 9 inch pie plate and bake 12 minutes or until nicely browned. Cool completely (if crust puffs up during baking, gently press down with back of spoon <--- don't use your hand... OW!)

Microwave caramels and 1/3 cup of the whipping cream in bowl on high for 3 minutes or until caramels are melted, stirring after each minute. Pour into crust. Chop remaining pecan pieces and sprinkle over caramel.
Place chocolate, remaining whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in a saucepan; cook and stir on low heat just until chocolate is melted. Pour over pie, gently spread to cover top of pie. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

YUMMY!
 
posted by Norman at 10:09 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com