Sunday, December 25, 2005
Buncha INGRATES!
OK. That sucked. Christmas that is.

We knocked ourselves out trying to make Christmas fun for our kids. The presents under the tree were phenomenal for three kids! I was so excited! Then, this morning, Ashton woke up and I was already awake, trying to keep Avery from tackling all the presents. (Not an easy task- let me tell ya). Ashton moseyed in, sat on the couch next to me while I tried to hype her up. "HEY!! MERRY CHRISTMAS! Sweetie look! Santa came!" She looked through all the gifts, and said "Memere's house always has more presents."

I
should
have
known
right
then
how
this
was
going....

Well, Ethan slugged his way into the room and immediately wanted to unwrap gifts. Alright! Let's go!

Paper flew, kids yelled, and all was right with the world... for about 5 minutes. With each gift, Ashton would announce "Well, this wasn't on my list.. what was Santa thinking??!!" Then, when a requested gift would show "FINALLY!! Something I asked for!!" (I'm starting to do what's known as a 'slow burn')

The last gift was unwrapped, and then the whining began. "Moooooomy....Santa didn't bring me a gift I reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally wanted!" So - like any mother would do, I sympathized with her. "Oh sweetie! I'm so sorry... but look at all these other great gifts he brought you!" ... her ----> "But the one thing I really wanted... he didn't bring it!" "Well hunny, what gift is that??

get this

"Mommmmmmy... I really wanted a cell phone! And it's not here!! This is a terrible Christmas!!"

WTF??? She wanted a cell phone?? SHE'S 7 FREAKING YEARS OLD! What the hell is a 7 year old going to do with a cell phone?? I... think... not..........

So the spoiled princess didn't want the other gifts she got. What the hell am I supposed to do now? I told her that she should be grateful, as there are children out there who get nothing. But of course a seven year old doesn't want/care to hear things like that.

Meanwhile, Ethan has picked up on the discontent and decides to throw his two cents in. "I didn't get a 'Steam-Along Thomas' and that's what I really wanted toooooo!

Buncha whiners.

So, now I've got two children that think their Christmas sucked. And because they firmly believe they didn't get the things they wanted, the WHOLE day (for them) was ruined. So that ruined it for everyone else around them as well.

My children are not spoiled. They just totally went off the deep end today and took me along with them.

Ah well.

I hope everything else went well for you guys, and that your families were THRILLED with their gifts.

Next year, I think I'll tell the kids that Santa isn't coming since they didn't like their gifts this year. And I think my husband & I will put all the money that we would have bought gifts with, and take the family on a Christmas time Disney cruise instead. (Now THERE'S a plan!)

And I would just like to say to the idiot who shot off some sort of artillery shell last night at about 12:30am... You freaking idiot. You scared the hell out of me, my baby, and my PARENTS who were at their house and heard the same kaboom everyone within a two mile radius heard. 12:30am and people were RUNNING out of their houses to see what the noise was. Crazy shit in this town. I'm just sayin'
 
posted by Norman at 8:32 PM | Permalink |


12 Comments:


  • At Sunday, December 25, 2005 11:04:00 PM, Blogger Stewie

    I would have burned their gifts.

    In front of them.

    I'm going to be the worst father ever, but my friends will have good stories.

     
  • At Monday, December 26, 2005 2:50:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    Our kids are grown, so they have to be polite because they know I'd stop buying gifts altogether if they didn't show appreciation; heh. And my siblings didn't p*** me off this year, so it really WAS a Merry Christmas!

     
  • At Monday, December 26, 2005 7:29:00 AM, Blogger Northwoods Woman

    Tell them Santa called this morning to see how they liked the gifts and you told him they were unhappy so he is coming tonight to take them back!

    I can sympathize hun, been there too.

    Hugs.

     
  • At Monday, December 26, 2005 3:58:00 PM, Blogger Heidi

    Wow..So this is what I'm missing being jewish without kids. Oyeveysmere is all I can say..

    Hugs to you~

     
  • At Monday, December 26, 2005 6:20:00 PM, Blogger Mise en Place

    A cell PHONE? Holy crap, lol. I'm sorry things seemed to have been such a bust. That sucks.

    It was exactly to opposite here, whew! Lucky us. :)

     
  • At Monday, December 26, 2005 6:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    A CELL phone at 7 years old? Keep dreaming kiddo...if you lived in my house, you'd still have years to go before that happened.

    I think Santa knew what he was doing. He gives age appropriate gifts. But as I recall, being ungrateful warrants a lump of coal.

    It's not you, Norman...kids are kids. I'm sorry things got so hectic on you. I have no advice to offer...I don't have children...but I certainly sympathize.

    Hopefully, next year will be better.

     
  • At Monday, December 26, 2005 7:51:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    awww... thanks ya'll.. but that was yesterday and today was a different day. The kids were MUCH much better, and they certainly appreciated everything today (especially since I called Santa yesterday and told him the kids didn't like their gifts... heh)

    Norman!

     
  • At Tuesday, December 27, 2005 6:42:00 AM, Blogger Tammy

    We had the same thing - kinda.

    We opened one gift on Christmas Eve. So, I handed Fumble what I knew was a Ninja Turtle. He opened it and started howeling. "I don't like Ninja Turtles anymore!!!!"

    Whatever, kid. You're lucky you got anything!

     
  • At Tuesday, December 27, 2005 12:06:00 PM, Blogger pack of 2

    Kids!
    I always wanted a REAL elephant & never got one...I was always so pissed! I never said annything though for fear of getting my head knocked off!
    Hell, I didn't even complain when my aunt gave me a box of jello instant puuding & then bragged (in front of me) about how you can get a kid anything & they are excited. I wasn't excited...I was PISSED!

    LOL...can you tell I never got over it:)

    Shelly

     
  • At Tuesday, December 27, 2005 12:44:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Tammy, I feel your pain!! LOL. It's even better today. They LOVE their toys now. Maybe they just got too into the 'Gimme Gimme's' Hell, they're kids... they're allowed to act up every now and then, I just don't have to like it.. we all got over it..

    Shelly - I know what you mean by this as well!! I never got Jell-O, but I did get a can of black olives once.. in my XMas stocking!! LOL I ate them and wondered about Santa's sanity...

    norman

     
  • At Tuesday, December 27, 2005 6:02:00 PM, Blogger Cacti to Cornfields

    norm! sounds like you could've filmed a sequel to "the christmas story". man! again, makes for a funny story... at your expense. next year i'm buying each family member a plastic fishnet leg lamp and then i'm going to drive down to mexico to buy anti-depressants for everyone in cute little travel-size packs. bah humbug!!! p.s. read your newer post just now-- looks like ghostie brought your christmas gift a little late, eh?? cheers!! --cacti

     
  • At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com