Thursday, February 22, 2007
OK...Just this once... A GHOST POST!
Ah ha!! Now, I know you guys thought that I was through with the ghost posts. Well - I've just discontinued them for the sake of my sanity. Also - it seems that the less I talk about them, the more they stay away. But I guess the other night, they surfaced just to let me know that they are STILL HERE.

Yeppers. Still here. And I have to live with them ALONE (well - without another adult around), but since my husband is here for a while, I think I'll tell you what happened...

It'd been pretty quiet. Oh sure - I hear footsteps at night, but I have resorted to making my 8 year old sleep with me at night, under the guise that SHE'LL sleep better since she shares a room with the 2 year old. I have also resorted to ducking my head under the covers when the footsteps approach, and chanting the mantra: "If God brings me to it, He'll bring me through it!" over and over in my head. I'm hoping this is true. I mean, IF there are ghosts, then that means that there MUST be a Higher Being (cause they're spirits and all - right?) And IF there is a Higher Being, then He must know that some of His earth-bound spirits are terrorizing me... RIGHT? Did you follow that? Ok, well - read on.

Anyhoo...so the other night, I was in bed about to turn the light out. All my little 'uns were asleep, or so I thought. Over the monitor, I heard.... singing. It was really faint, and I could also hear clattering as if my child was puttering around with some toys. Slightly annoyed that it was 11:00pm and Avery was still awake, I headed to her room. I could hear the singing through her door. I opened the door... pure silence. She was sound asleep.

heh.. Silly kid, she must have been singing in her sleep.

I went back to the bedroom, and settled back in to bed. The singing started again. hmmmm. I turned up the sound on the monitor, and started to wonder exactly WHAT it was she was singing. I mean... it wasn't like "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" or anything. In fact, I couldn't recall her EVER singing anything like that. So I padded back out towards her room to see if I could hear her better.

Again, I could hear the singing through the door. So I very quietly and slowly opened the door again. Again the singing stopped. Again I noticed that my child was sound asleep. In fact, she hadn't budged from the time I saw her last. Weird. I shut the door and went back to my room.

I noticed the singing before I even got back in the bed. Then.... THEN I hear Avery say "SHHHHH!!!" OVER THE SINGING VOICE.

HOW CAN SHE SAY SHHHHHH AND SING AT THE SAME TIME?!

I spent the rest of the night with the blanket over my head, Ashton's head, Avery's head, AND Ethan's head. That's right. I pulled every single last child of mine into my bed that night.

The family that ghosts together....sleeps together.

Now don't expect another ghost story anytime soon cause I don't know how the action is going to heat up since I told you guys about it.....

Norman!
 
posted by Norman at 7:59 PM | Permalink |


12 Comments:


  • At Thursday, February 22, 2007 8:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Girl... I hear ya - on all accounts. It seems if you acknowledge them or talk about them, etc. it just makes 'more' of it happen.

    I posted one of my 'ghostie' stories this week too (I call mine ghostie). Only it seems the one I thought of as male now is either female or has a friend. The female woke me up this week to let me know all the power in the house had gone off. I tried to go back to sleep but she did it twice.

    I guess she is a nice ghostie at least! :)

     
  • At Friday, February 23, 2007 4:09:00 AM, Blogger Marni

    I love (!) ghost stories and yours is really freaky. I was haunted by one of my best friends for years. I can relate, but think I would freak if I heard a young child singing.

     
  • At Friday, February 23, 2007 5:14:00 AM, Blogger Gail S

    Well, it sounds like the ghost is friendly at least...right? I don't know if that would make me feel better though. How scary!

    I don't see or hear ghosts but my little dog does. He's always going all alert and jerking his head around to follow something invisible and silent. So maybe they're around, who knows?

    Good luck and I hope you get some better sleep soon!

     
  • At Friday, February 23, 2007 6:43:00 AM, Blogger Lisa

    Good Lord, Norman! I've encountered my share of "ghost" activity, but that is by FAR the weirdest (and scariest) I've ever heard. I woulda been in the car driving to the nearest hotel faster than you could imagine. Freaky!!!

     
  • At Friday, February 23, 2007 8:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Dear girl, I have the goosebumps just thinking about it. (((((hugs)))))

     
  • At Friday, February 23, 2007 2:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hmmm. Is it possible that a neighbor has the same monitor you do and what you are hearing is their kids' room?

    Just asking... Same with the garage door. That happens alot with them too.

    spoooooky.

     
  • At Friday, February 23, 2007 8:37:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Meritt - EXACTLY!! I always notice an "upswing" in activity when I talk about it. I've gotta go read your ghostie story now.

    Marni - Oh yeah. I definitly freaked all right... I want to hear about YOUR haunting!

    Gail S - I don't know if it's friendly.... it seems to enjoy scaring me!

    Lisa - I wish I could do the hotel thing, but then I would NEVER get my kids back in the house!

    Stacie - I had goosebumps TYPING it!

    Anon - Well, see, that's something I considered, but none of my near neighbors have small children. In fact, my oldest daughter has informed me that we will NOT be buying a house in San Antonio until she scopes out the neighborhood to make sure there are children nearby! Honestly, my next door neighbor is about 70 yrs old, no Grandchildren that live there. My other neighbor is a middle-aged divorced man whose children live with their mother, and they are 11 and 12. The neighbor across the street has 5 children -- all in middle school, and the other neighbors have high school aged kids, and married kids. The people in back of us have a 10 yr old (she plays with Ashy), and THEIR neighbors have a 6 year old, but they are too snooty for me to let Ethan play with their daughter (actually - they don't allow her to come over..LOL) So basically, no small kids in the near neighborhood. And I could HEAR the singing when I was standing outside her door.

    We have actually decided that the garage door must be some sort of bad wiring since my husband self-installed it.

    NORMAN!

     
  • At Sunday, February 25, 2007 4:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oops.. I am anon.... sorry about that.

    And FREAKY!

    Leonesse

     
  • At Monday, February 26, 2007 8:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I've read your ghost stories and some of them are definitely freaky - and that's coming from a non-belieiver.... BUT, on this one, any chance your monitor is picking up the signal from a neighbor's monitor?

     
  • At Monday, February 26, 2007 12:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    The activity will pick up because you acknowleged it with your actions, not because you wrote about it.

    Good luck. Happy hauntings. :)

     
  • At Tuesday, February 27, 2007 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Biddie

    I have been plagued by ghosts for most of my life. I have a little girl ghost that actually follows me from house to house. Of course, we only figured this out after moving several times. I think that we moved 5 times in 3 years or something like that.
    Talking about it can make things worse. I was also advised to stop watching TV shows about spirits for awhile and to see if that helps. I stopped watching Medium and Ghost Whisperer, but I could never give up Supernatural.
    Anyway, it does seem to have helped, although recently I have noticed little things...My daughters hair straightener is turning on by itself. Hair bruhses and combs appear in strange places, the dog food has gone missing. We even see the little ghost girl. There is another spirit here, too, a man. I don't like him at all.
    You can try burning sage in your house, or putting around the outside of your house, making sure it get in front of all of the doors.
    We hear things, too, and I ahte when I hear footsteps and I'm home alone.
    Good luck. (you can email me if you ever want to talk about it)
    Biddie

     
  • At Tuesday, March 04, 2008 10:53:00 AM, Blogger KathyLikesPink

    I wanted to tell you - I have an almost 13 year daughter (about 8 days away from 13). And she is SOOOOO 13. THE ATTITUDE. BUT - one thing we have in common, and that she will still acknowledge my presence enough to talk about, is supernatural stuff. So last night we sat on my bed and I read her all your posts - she was as thrilled and as spooked as I was when I first read them! It was a real mother-daughter moment...if we were the Addams Family....but I will take what I can get these days!!!

    Thanks for the "bonding moment!"
    Kathy
    http://kathylikespink.blogspot.com/

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com