Tuesday, March 25, 2008
See? I just suck.
I figured I was done here. So I was kind enough to sing you a song and turn off comments so that I wouldn't be accused of just trying to milk the comments cow. And then... of course... I feel like blogging again.

But probably not regularly. I don't take enough fiber for that.

Anyway... CELEBRATE WITH ME!

I took the entire week of spring break off from work. I avoided the many phone calls that were coming in from work. I figured this: I'm on vacation. Leave me the f*** alone.

Right? Wouldn't you say the same thing?

Going back to work on Monday sucked. I had had such a wonderful week playing stay-at-home mom, and really enjoying it. Got mad at my husband because I have to work just for insurance benefits. And had a badass easter egg hunt that ended with 8 dozen confetti eggs being smashed at my parents house, making it look like their backyard was the staging area for the upcoming San Antonio FIESTAS! Fun Times. I'll have pictures later (i know. i always promise that, but this time it's for reals)

So sitting at my desk Monday, I get a tap on my shoulder. It's one of the managers. He says "We've been trying to call you all week long!". "DUDE! I was on vacay!" (I'm so not respectful to the managers, I think this particular manager likes this about me). "Well ... yeah - we figured that out, but just we just wanted to know if you were serious about considering a future with the company." say what? This sounds like I've done something bad, and am about to be put on notice or something. I decided to tread carefully: "Well...DUH. I need a job... for benefits"

Which effectively ended the conversation (after I offered him cheezy poofs. This particular manager is a 45 year old South Park fan).

Anyway, about an hour later, I got a phone call. I was PROMOTED, with a 10 PERCENT RAISE!

YAAAAAY!!!!!

So I guess maybe next time I'll answer my phone on vacation.


:)

Normy
 
posted by Norman at 8:54 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, March 26, 2008 5:17:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    Congratulations and Welcome back!

     
  • At Wednesday, March 26, 2008 9:35:00 AM, Blogger Moi

    Go Norman!

    I will, of course, stalk your blog every day waiting for you to post. Glad you are back.

    Maybe you can take that extra 10% and plant some tall bushes/trees in the front so you don't have to see the peeing neighbor?

     
  • At Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:51:00 AM, Blogger Unknown

    You get a raise...I get a notice of termination. Not my fault. Bad econmic times filtering down to yet another member of the struggling middle class. Not to worry. Already have another job prospect...I answered an ad for a loan officer in a local sperm bank. Keep your fingers crossed and whatever else comes to mind.
    Congrats on your promotion!!

     
  • At Wednesday, March 26, 2008 11:28:00 AM, Blogger KathyLikesPink

    I for one am SO GLAD you are back! I discovered your blog belatedly and really enjoy your posts.

    And hey, maybe that "don't bug me, I'm on vacay" only increased your appeal to them!

    Way to go, and congrats on the promo.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 26, 2008 8:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    If you completely leave us w/out your wonderful sense of humor, I may just make random calls to the VLC asking for Norman and try to talk you into coming back! (I truly am not a creepy stalker type, just a fan of your stories! Also a dedicated customer of the VLC.) We'll take whatever you're willing to share!

     
  • At Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:44:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    AWESOMENESS!!

    And there's nothing wrong with being older and liking South Park (*runs to hide DVD collection from Norm*)

     
  • At Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:17:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Linda - Thanks!!!!

    Moi - i don't know... those bushes are already kinda tall. I've been trying to convince my hubby to let me try to get a photo of him doing that....

    Jim - Did you really get a notice?! Well... good luck at the sperm bank... LOL

    Kathy - I'm back on & off. I've been really bad about updating my blog for about a year now...

    Anon... -- Oh dear. You're.... familiar with my VLC?? heh heh... ahem. I'm supposed to project a "conservative" image to all members there.... OOOPS!!! lol STOP READING!!!

    freak - CHEEZY POOFS ROCKS! and yes... i have the t-shirt!!! and a homemade Mr. Hanky ....ewwww!

     
  • At Friday, March 28, 2008 8:46:00 PM, Blogger Nancy

    Congratulations.......and (sniff sniff)....don't be runnin' 'way from us no more....

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com