Friday, January 23, 2009
it's time for that southern trip in the handbasket again
Irk.

I'm not thrilled with my job. But right now I feel locked into it because of the stupid economy. I'm hearing horror stories left and right about people being out of a job, so I am feeling guilty that I'm not happy with my job when I at least HAVE one.

It's bad out there. I know this also from some of the calls I'm getting at work. People are desperate...and they are trashing their cars in the hope of getting some quick cash to help them out. It's called the "Auto Lotto".

And if they aren't trashing their cars to collect on insurance payouts, the people they get into accidents with are really pushing to collect as much as they can from the insurance companies. Which makes them mean and pushy when they talk to me. Which makes me feel mean when I have to deny something that we don't owe for.

Some of their requests are quite ridiculous. Some of the requests are understandable, but again, when I have to tell them that I understand their request, but I still can't fulfill it, they get downright nasty and personal in their attacks.

Take for instance, a call I just took today:

It's a person that was hit by our insured. We've told them we're sorry, and we're paying for the damages. We also arranged for a rental car for them. Well.... it's not good enough. Her argument is, I drive an SUV, you should put me in a rental SUV.

OK. I understand that, but we only owe for RELIABLE transportation to get them from point A to point B while their normal vehicle is being repaired.

Trying to explain this to the person infuriated them. She then informed me that she has a 4 month old infant, and can't carry the baby in a car. Just can't be done. Therefore - she needs an SUV. Well - sorry...but yes you CAN transport a baby in a car, and it's perfectly safe. Nope....says she.... stroller won't fit in the car.

So I inform her she should collapse the stroller before putting it in the trunk of the rental CAR and it will work just fine.

This is unacceptable. She then told me it's obvious I don't have children, otherwise I would put her in an SUV.

On the contrary, says I..... I have 3 children, one of which is in a car seat. We drive an Accord.

Obviously, says she... I don't care about my children and their safety if I feel comfortable traveling them around in a deathtrap car.

OH NO YOU DI'INT!!!!!

So...just TRY and get a frickin' SUV out of me now chicky! It ain't happening.

But the calls that are worrying me the most? The repair shops that are calling and saying: "We fixed your insured's car, and now they are telling us they can't afford the deductibles. They are just leaving them here....abandoning them."

Yikes.

Scary stuff.

So yeah. I hate my job. Unless someone can give me an idea about something different I can do, I'm just gonna suck it up until I get hatcheted from there...but sheesh. The peeps are bringing me down with their mean and nasty attitudes and treating me like crap.
 
posted by Norman at 4:42 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At Friday, January 23, 2009 7:53:00 PM, Blogger SkippyMom

    Good Lord Norman...my first two kids [both in carseats at 1 and newborn?] were driven around in my 2 door Ford Festiva, three cylinder, no air, radio...hey I paid $3,500 new for it....but her stroller won't fit in a regular car? And called you out on the safety of your kids? Oh, ho, ho, ho....NOPE!

    BTW - My next car for them at 3/4 yo was a Honda Civic 2 door...so plppppptttt on the self entitled lil' beyotches of the world.

    Have you ever thought of posting your customers on Customers Suck Live Journal? I don't have a link, sorry...but boy-o they gang there would LOVE IT!

    Hang in there. One four month old and has to have an SUV [shaking my head]....wow.

     
  • At Friday, January 23, 2009 10:38:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    As someone who drives a little car (Integra), I hate people in SUVs.

    On the flipside, though, when I had my first accident, the rental company bumped me up to a Dakota so I could see if I wanted to buy one of theirs used. Um, when you can fit what you normally drive in the backseat of this monster, it's a major adjustment.

    and besides - everyone knows SUVs are famous for rolling over.

    Dumbass.

     
  • At Saturday, January 24, 2009 6:42:00 AM, Blogger mo.stoneskin

    Those people are crazy. Especially the lady. But hey at least life is interesting...

    I feel trapped in my job too 'cos the stupid economy :(

     
  • At Saturday, January 24, 2009 1:23:00 PM, Blogger Nancy

    Now, if she'd said,"My child is in a wheelchair and we need a vehicle capable of carrying one."

    Then, yah, she needs an SUV or a van.

    (I know whereof I speak, as I'm an adult who had to ask to bump up to a slightly larger vehicle so that we could carry my nonpowered wheelchair while the van with the scooter lift was in the shop. Sigh, that van ended up totaled, damn it and I've had to search for another vehicle that will hold a lift and a scooter.

    Why would anyone want to put the spare under the cargo area of a vehicle? You have to empty out the whole car just to change the tire! And you can't mount a lift over a spare. And it was really hard to get the car salesman to understand that last point...

    and I'm a little het up on that subject just now...

    :0)

     
  • At Saturday, January 24, 2009 4:09:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Jessie - She's probably just being uppity cause she's a bitch.

    Skippy Mom - AMEN SISTAH!

    Not Freak (LOL) - weeeell...don't tell the bitch but I got an SUV that I haul my kids around in. But honestly, if I had to make do with a car for a few days I wouldn't frickin' pitch a fit & try to make a peon (like me) have a bad day....

    Mo. - Dude. Let's go into business together so we can both quit our jobs

    Nancy - Absolutely. If she would have said: Please.... I have THREE small children, each with a car seat... I would have helped her. If she would have been NICER to me, I would have helped her....even before she pulled out the uber bitch act, I upgraded her to a nicer car, then she pulled out the cat claws. We really do listen to specific needs and if it is something real like needing a handicap equipped car or a larger one because they are in a larger family - then yes...we would put them in a bigger car...but still not an SUV.

    In fact, I went back into that specific file and approved miss Uppity Up for a MINIVAN today!!

    I SO ROCK!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com