Sunday, August 07, 2005
Don't tell ME there's no such thing as ghosts!
I think some people can see/feel ghosts. I think most kids CAN see ghosts, and babies most definitely do. I'm the biggest candy-ass when it comes to staying home alone. I keep thinking I feel a presence behind me. I'll whirl around to check, and there's nothing there. So then the next time I feel the presence, I won't whirl around and I will suddenly hear scuffling sounds. Like someone is walking up behind me on the carpet. Of course, by now - I'm out of the house like a shot, waiting for my husband to get home. But there are a few times that I'm forced to stay IN the house. You know, when I actually have to watch my kids.

So I was home with my two youngest, and my husband was out for the night with his friend from out of town and... wait wait - let me start this classically...

It was a dark and stormy night... LOL

Ok - yeah it was dark and stormy, but I'm at home with my 2 little ones, and hubby is out drinking it up. I was trying to get the baby down and she kept bouncing on my lap and peering over my shoulder and smiling. Seeing how the rocking chair faces the outside window, and nothing else - that was creepy. I looked over my shoulder but there's no one there. Of course, lightning is flickering outside and low rumbles of thunder were reverberating throughout the house. But she's grinning and staring at the window. So I ignore it. She's 8 months old. Anyway. Ethan's video was over so he came grinning into the bedroom, he's always such a happy face. He tiptoed quietly up so as not to disturb the baby, but then his attention is caught by... you guessed it, the window. Only HE can talk. And he freaks me out.

"Mommy, who's that man at the window?"

My
heart
stops
beating

I feel the blood just pool at my feet and I look out the window again, and typical Hollywood moment occurs, the lightning flashes and thunder just KABOOMS. So - now I've frightened both of my kids with my screams and they ended up sleeping in my room. (not cause they were scared - I was scared!)

But who the HELL was at the window?! Notice he didn't say OUTSIDE the window. He said AT the window. OOOOOO OOOOO I'm getting chills just writing this again! I don't think I'll be staying at home by myself anytime soon. My husband thinks I'm so ridiculous about this, but I'm not doin' it. I'll go shopping or something until he's home. He says our house was built in 1983 - it can't possibly be haunted - but I've been renovating the bathroom and some people will tell you that things get restless when you disturb the house.

I'm still creeped creeped CREEPED out by this!!
 
posted by Norman at 9:00 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At Monday, August 08, 2005 1:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    That is creepy! I'm with you and think babies and kids can see ghosts. Now I'm all creeped out LOL

     
  • At Wednesday, August 10, 2005 4:54:00 AM, Blogger Donni

    Heya! Thanks for signing my blog! Have you done any online research about removing wierd things? It can be done! I recommend "Practical Psychic Self-Defense" by Robert Bruce. Anyway, drop me a line if you like. Your tale was well-written, I enjoyed reading it, hope you are ok now!

     
  • At Wednesday, August 10, 2005 3:53:00 PM, Blogger Girl With An Alibi

    That is super creepy.
    Our old house was very haunted too. Just before we moved, we borrowed the plans to our new house from the owner. I left them on the dining room table and went to bed early. In the middle of the night I heard someone going wildly through the plans. I even heard a man cough. I assumed it was my fiance' but I didn't say anything. I made a joke the next day about how he was whipping through the plans. He got really pale and swore it wasn't him. When I told him what I heard he reminded me about the man who'd built the house before he passed away. An old guy named Joe with a cough. I guess Joe wanted to know where the heck we were going.

     
  • At Wednesday, August 10, 2005 9:30:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    oooo very weird!!!

    Nah - I haven't thought about researching ghosts and removing weird things. I think it would validate to me that there REALLY REALLY are ghosts, and it's not just my imagination like my husband says. I would go off into orbit....

     
  • At Thursday, August 11, 2005 6:20:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    There were ghosts in the house I grew up in. My mother said they're attracted to young people because of all the energy.

     
  • At Friday, August 12, 2005 1:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Ya my great grandmothers ghost checks up on some of the female members of my family.

    BTW thanks for checking out my site Norman!

    My whole family is from San Antonio so I know all about eating out in TX.

    I work in an upscale Rest. so ranch is kind of an insult to all the excellent house dressings we serve. I'm trying to talk the owner into doing away with it all together, interesting blog too by the way

     
  • At Saturday, October 15, 2005 9:13:00 PM, Blogger Michelle

    Holy crap, that's freaky!

    Just going through all of your old post. I love ghost stories!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com