Saturday, January 28, 2006
A Two-fer!
Who watches "The Ghost Whisperer"? Anyone? I watched it last night for the first time. Big Mistake. It freaked.me.out. I've never seen this before - and now I think I'm going to HAVE to watch it now. There is sooooo much on there that parallels stuff that is happening here. By the way - I had a comment on my "Ghost Post" link.

Sylvie said:

"Norman,You do realize that the ghost may not be tied to your present house but to the land or to an earlier dwelling, right? The ghost in my dad's house (Connecticut) was from the colonial period long before any houses stood on that ground. He was really facinated by indoor plumbling too."

Well, now that just freaks me out. I did have a shaman lined up to come visit my house, but then he told me that a shaman DOES NOT clear houses. Shamans are for spiritual well-being, as in "self". Not "house". I need a psychic. BUT! He did tell me that he would speak with his mentor "Patricio" who just might be able to help....

But as for Sylvie - you seem fairly knowledgeable, give the way you phrased your question to me. You wrote that the same way I speak to my kids sometimes: "You do know that I'll beat your hiney if you pour honey on your sister's head, right?" So... Sylvie - can you offer me anymore insight to why my house is the way it is?

Let me give you some stuff to chew over:

This is not the first time I've dealt with unexplained stuff. And - according to my mother, the women in our family sometimes just seem to "know" stuff. For instance, my grandmother would sometimes get up first thing in the morning, and say "Someone is going to die today". And someone always would. A family member that is. Freaky, huh?

I've had weird things happen around me before. When I was a kid (and this is just one instance), we had a keyrack that hung on the wall. One morning, my mother went to grab the keys, missed them, and we all (my sister, my mother & I) watched the keys fall down behind the drysink in the breakfast room. Cursing (heh... that's where I get it!), my mother pulled the drysink away from the wall to retrieve the keys. They weren't there. And we never ever found them. That was pure craziness. For all I know, those keys are STILL falling through some sort of a cosmic paranormal time warp that I never want to visit.

As for the "Ghost Whisperer" last night, there was one scene in that show that really threw me for a loop. There was a part in the show, where a man dressed from head to toe completely in black was sitting in a chair. Even his face was covered in black. That whole scene gave out ominous overtones to me, given that he never spoke, he just sat there and observed. Then the camera changed angles to show that "he's not seen" by everyone and the shoplady/person that was in the store was glancing around with a look on her face that clearly read "I feel something... something/someone is here because I feel a presence." I know that feeling. I feel it everyday. Now - I'm not a dork and I don't believe that there's a black-suited man sitting in my house wearing a ghostly ski-mask, but can someone explain to me the presence I feel??

Apparently Ghost Whisperer is based on a real life woman. That's why the show is freaking me out. If I knew it was a work of fiction, I would shake it off, laugh and say "Freaky!" But no, I'm not shaking it off, and laughing.. I am however - saying "FREAKY".

I also know that you guys are amused by my ghost, but let me also tell you. I don't find it too amusing when I can't even stay home alone for 15 minutes before the fear overcomes me. This is a real situation, and it's really hard to find someone to help me, especially in this Bible-Belt town. I'm worried that I'll have a buncha Baptists standing outside my house with burning torches & pitchforks yelling "heretic!" (or whatever Baptists would yell at a person trafficking with the supernatural). For sure they'll tell me I'm going to hell....

So Sylvie - do you have any insights for me??!!

NORMAN!
(hey... should I put this under my ghost posts? It IS technically, a ghost post I suppose but it's not the typical one.)

 
posted by Norman at 3:57 PM | Permalink |


11 Comments:


  • At Saturday, January 28, 2006 7:57:00 PM, Blogger Sylvie

    Hey back atcha- didn't mean to freak you out.

    I really don't know that much about ghosts. My comment was based on the fact that my dad's house was built late 19th century and the clothing the ghost wears is mid to late 18th century. So the ghost couldn't be someone who died in the house but has to be someone who died on the land. I'm not any kind of ghost expert, just someone who has seen a ghost. It's been years since I've done any research on the subject. I'll see if I can get some ideas for you.

    I know I don't like to go down into basements after dark and when I used to visit my dad, I would turn on every single light between me and the bathroom so I wouldn't see anything late at night. I never had any encounters during the day probably because I was rarely home.

    You might want to check out the history of the area for temporary settlers, bandit attacks, Indian raids, that sort of thing. Your ghost may not be 20th century. A psychic should be able to tell you more about the presence.

    I'll get back to you.

     
  • At Saturday, January 28, 2006 8:17:00 PM, Blogger Northwoods Woman

    http://www.pararesearchers.org/Ghosts/clear/clear.html
    http://www.legendsofamerica.com/LA-GhostlyLegends4.html
    http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/forum/advice/t-3798.html
    http://www.theexorcisms.com/
    http://www.paranormal.com/ghoststudies/living%20with%20ghosts.html
    There ya go gf, get busy reading, have fun LOL.

     
  • At Saturday, January 28, 2006 9:12:00 PM, Blogger Aric Blue

    You need to run on down to the nearest Wal-mart and get yerself a can of Ghost-B-Gone.

    Well, I mean, you can get it at Rite Aid but you'll pay an arm and a leg. Best get it at Walmart.

    Yer Welcome!

     
  • At Saturday, January 28, 2006 9:29:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Ghost B Gone??

    Honestly - I think you're mad cause I have a ghost & you don't... NYAH!!

     
  • At Saturday, January 28, 2006 9:49:00 PM, Blogger Paul

    We once lived in an old beach house in California. There was one window in the dining room that we never used that was constantly coming unlocked. There were other freaky things that happened too.

    When we moved, it didn't follow us.

    Strange

     
  • At Sunday, January 29, 2006 2:24:00 AM, Blogger pack of 2

    Maybe you should move if they are scary ghosts.

    I might...it would depend on the ghosts:)

    Shelly

     
  • At Sunday, January 29, 2006 10:34:00 AM, Blogger Cacti to Cornfields

    norm! prolly easier said than done, but what if you just tried to confront the ghost and tell him (or her) to git the hell outta dodge? for instance, next time you hear a door slam you grab your solid oak louisville slugger and run into the room fightin' mad, proclaiming that YOU are the owner of the house. yeah, yeah, i know... easy for me to say. not that you're into this (or even that i know anything about it) but maybe you should check out a wicca "how-to" book or something?? couldn't hurt! yikes!

     
  • At Sunday, January 29, 2006 7:26:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    LOL... Cacti - the links that Livey gave me above said NOT to feed the energy of the Ghost by becoming overly-emotional.

    So, according to my estimations, this ghost must be the SUPERDUPER ALL POWERFUL MOST ENERGIZED GHOST IN THE WORLD!

    If we are going by the emotions that I exude that is

    norman

     
  • At Monday, January 30, 2006 7:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I don't think it's a ghost at all. I don't believe ghosts really exist. I think you got a bad 'ol Demon. Of course, You'd probably have to believe in Heaven, Hell and all the supernatural biblical stuff. I think that demons have 2 purposes when around people.
    1.Fear
    2.Confusion.
    And that's what ghosts do...cause fear and confusion. You know the "Why are they hear?" questions or the fact that a certain dark coner is creeping you out when the other dark corners are not. Also, I think these demons will take a human form when a "sighting" occurs.
    I think the next steps would be:
    1.How to get rid of it.
    2.Determine how it got here (they always need some type of door or entry point)
    3.Close that door.

    I've been involved with some "cleanings" before and most worked. The largest problem was finding the "door" and closing it.

    Though, it might be easier to stomach if you think it used to be a human and not some spawn from Hell. But that would depend on your beliefs.

    Good luck!

     
  • At Monday, January 30, 2006 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Greg the Surly

    I understand its a bit freaky, but I do have a couple questions. I've never encountered a ghost, so I don't know the proper protocol, but.....
    1. Have you named the ghost yet? I think its only fair.

    2. Has he/she tried to hurt you? or is he just creepy.

    3. Assuming the answer to 2 is creepy, how cool is it to have a pet ghost? Honestly

    4. is communication not possible? men are from mars, ghosts are from uranus. (Ha! and no I didn't mean you pulling this ghost stuff outta your backside, from the sounds of it, not even ghosts wouldbe safe there)

    I do honestly believe you are having issues. I'm only making lite of it because you seem more creeped out harmed.

     
  • At Monday, January 30, 2006 8:03:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Anonymous...

    holycrapanoly. Ok. If I wasn't already freaked out before (which I was), now I have visions of frickin' DEMONS in my dadgum house. SHIT. Like I needed that! How the hell am I supposed to find the freaking door? I'll gladly slam the fucker shut if I can find it. Really, truly. God Awmighty - I got spawn from Hell to worry aboot now.

    Greggie Poo - That was four questions. Not two - but don't worry, I'm not upset about it, I'm too taken up with the daddgummed DEMON that is apparently residing in my house.

    And don't think I didn't notice that little comment about a ghost not being safe around my backside. Don't knock it! It's my defense system and it werks

    norm

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com