Thursday, March 23, 2006
We just figured out Blue's Clues!!
O help me.... Help me please!! I've GOT to do something about myself. I'm expanding!!!!!!!!! Is it... could it be.... middle age approaching??? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! But at least it's entertaining my children.

I got home from work today, and corralled the dogs. They were so happy to see me, jumping and frolicking around my feet. It was cute until I fell down. Which means the dogs think I'm playing. I made it into the house and dusted myself off. I hurried to get dinner ready for the kids (spaghetti!), when Ashton & Ethan wandered in. I had my back to them as I stirred the noodles, when all of a sudden - I heard Ethan start chattering excitedly: "A CLUE A CLUE!!!!" "A clue??" I asked him, "You see a clue?! Where is it?" Actually, I had glanced at the TV to see if Blue's Clues was on, because I was going to change it real fast. That show drives me up the wall. "ON YOUR BOTTOM!" he yelled excitedly - as he ran for some paper to draw the clue. I turned and looked, and yup... square on my ass is a perfect paw print. Oh. Ha ha ha . I brushed it off, and decided to play along. Heck - it was keeping him busy. Ashton decided to help him with drawing the clue - which was my butt - and let me tell you... this is where my weight anxiety has blossomed.

Apparently - my children think I'm a walking talking Bartlett Pear. I was afraid to ask them if they knew what the clue meant (but then again - I think I figured it out....)

So now I'm trying to figure out ways to drop some ballast quickly... and I really have no pawprint clue (except for the one on my ass that is) I was always that skinny bitch that could eat anything and never gain an ounce. I was ALSO one of those girls that would 'forget' to eat for 2 days straight. No such chance of me forgetting to eat now! Shit!! But I've never really had to diet or exercise. So I have decided that I really REALLY need some sort of regiman in order to regain my skinnier self. Anybody have any suggestions for a really good quick little workout that I can do at home?? I can't afford a gym membership, and I think I would really just prefer to do one of those videos , but which ones are the best??
 
posted by Norman at 8:23 PM | Permalink |


12 Comments:


  • At Thursday, March 23, 2006 8:57:00 PM, Blogger Kim

    Funny! I got told I had a hippo ass tonight. By my loving husband, who also told me my dinner sucked. I have been working out for over a month and still can't tell a difference in the way my jeans fit and I haven't lost a pound!

     
  • At Friday, March 24, 2006 4:52:00 AM, Blogger Michael

    If you need a private trainer, I'd do it for Free.

    Take Care
    Michael

     
  • At Friday, March 24, 2006 5:22:00 AM, Blogger Dari

    what about the comfy couch, maybe that is the reason

     
  • At Friday, March 24, 2006 6:05:00 AM, Blogger Monogram Queen

    Hmmm... I say find a workout video with the kind of music you like best. That will be a good motivator I think. Good luck honey!

     
  • At Friday, March 24, 2006 6:29:00 AM, Blogger Spicy Cracker

    I love me some Denise Austin, I've been doing yoga with her lately but she has some good ones just depends on what you are looking for.

     
  • At Friday, March 24, 2006 10:03:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    I do rollerblading. You'll get away from the kids for a bit, and it's fun!

     
  • At Friday, March 24, 2006 10:19:00 AM, Blogger Ann

    I use something called Yourself!Fitness. It is interactive--like you have a personal trainer. You can buy it for Xbox, Playstation or your PC. I use mine on the Xbox. Maya is your trainer and every workout is different and you can tell her if it is too difficult or too easy and she can adjust. Very cool. And it is like 40 bucks. Check it out: http://www.yourselffitness.com/

     
  • At Friday, March 24, 2006 5:40:00 PM, Blogger Cacti to Cornfields

    Whatever you do, do NOT order one of those convincing weight loss videos from TV or those bitches will rope you into all sorts of stuff you never wanted... and then get charged with. Speaking of which, where the ^$%%!@ is my $49 beachbody.com Kathy Smith video people??? Sheeee. Sense my rage?

     
  • At Friday, March 24, 2006 7:04:00 PM, Blogger pack of 2

    I KNOW I got bigger with age. I weigh 143 & am 5'8". I know it could be worse and all but I used to weigh 110....it is a big difference to me.

    I was like you & wouldn't eat for days at a time....I try not to get off the couch now though so I can't help you with a workout plan...LOL...good luck though!

    Shelly

     
  • At Saturday, March 25, 2006 6:00:00 AM, Blogger Greg

    OK the solution to your problem is easy you have to have sex at least five times a week and you will lose those unwanted lbs. Your husband will thank you. You will just have to find the time. Believe me your husband will help you find the time. That is if you are having sex with your husband five times a week. ;)
    Or another solution is to send me all your fat pictures and I will post them on my blog. Then you will be shamed into losing them.

    Peace

     
  • At Saturday, March 25, 2006 7:31:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    I like the Leslie Sansone "Walk Off the Pounds" tapes because I can do them in the limited space of our rig. My son got me the set of 1-2 and 3 mile tapes from Amazon.com, but I've had ladies tell me they've found them at Wal*Mart and Walgreens. The 2 mile one takes about a half hour and has some arm movements that helps with toning, also. She has all kinds, including yoga. Then when you start to lose the weight, find somewhere to do water aerobics to tone up. You'll feel great. Good luck with it, kiddo.

     
  • At Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:28:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Kim - Hippo Ass?? By your husband??!! And your dinner sucks??!!! Want me to come over and tell him what for?? Cause I'm not too busy to do that! sheesh...

    Michael - I'm all about the free stuff! Come on down!

    Dari - THINKING CHAIR. It's a THINKING CHAIR! LOL. I rarely get to sit down and veg...

    Patti-cake - I find myself dancing to the Wiggles frequently. It's actually a good low-impact aerobics workout - but my kids are not as 'into' them as they used to be...

    Spicy - I would do yoga, but I don't have a 'quiet place' to be... not with 3 kids!!

    Freak - I used to roller blade, but no way my 7 year old would let me go 'skating' without her. Then I'd have to skate slower so she could keep up and then the exercise factor is gone...

    Ann - I checked that site out. Very interesting. I think I like that idea! Thanks!

    Cacti to Cornfields - I try not to get into those TV offers... LOL!! I'm sorry! Want me to beat'em up for you?!

    Pack of 2 - I think 143 for 5'8" is EXCELLENT. I weigh the same as you, but I'm 4 inches shorter!! LOL!! I'm guessing it looks better on you than me...

    Greg - ummm... NO. Half of my time is spent AVOIDING the man, which involves the run and dodge. I should be losing weight from all the avoidance tactics!! And your other solution?? GOOD GOD!! I'm nowhere NEAR that big as your Fattie Friday pics.... LOL I do love Friday's at your site though. BTW - I tried to send you a Friday pic - but my e-mail bounced back to me. **sad** It was a really good one too.

    Linda - Leslie Sansone? I'll have to check that out on one of my bi-weekly trips to WalMart! Thanks chickie!

    All - Just a quick disclaimer... I'm not HUGE. Just some days I feel fluffy and jiggly and I don't like that. I'm not extremely overweight. I'm just over my PERSONAL weight, therefore out of my comfort zone. I would like to get back to 125 or 130. That seems to be the weight that works best for me. Anything below 125 and people ask me if I've been sick. At 125 to 130 I get comments like "You don't look like you have 3 kids" So that's my goal! And all I need to do is exercise.... I just need one that's going to work well with my schedule.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com