Sunday, March 19, 2006
Well ... drat
I rarely remember my dreams. Rarely. It makes me wonder if I dream every night, but I think everyone dreams all the time. Is that a true statement? I dunno. Sometimes I'll remember I dreamt when I wake up - think OH!! What a cool dream - I'll have to write it down, 2 hours later... it's gone. Occasionally, I have a real humdinger of a dream, and THEN I'll remember it. Forever. Those dreams are typically extremely vivid, and only happen when there is something traumatic in my life. Except for last night. I wanted to dream about Mel, Heath & Jason Isaac (you know... Lucious Malfoy?? He's sssssssexy!!) Instead I dreamt that my teeth were painted silver, and the bottom two fell out. I had to go to the dentist, and he put the moves on me. That's it. I don't know WHAT that had to do with Mel Gibson, so I'm kinda pissed. I didn't see Mel or Heath or Jason ANYWHERE in that dream. So there's the trauma which explains why I remember it....

I was sitting here, trying to think about how I should write my Ouija Board story... and this probably explains why I never posted about it before. No matter how I tweak it - it comes out boring. Blah blah plain whitebread boring.... So here it is!

My friend and I decided to raise the dead by trying to communicate with Jack the Ripper. We went into the garage (cause it was the darkest part of the house since it was broad daylight out) and lit the requisite candle. We sat there on the floor and rested our hands lightly on the dillywopper that's supposed to move around. Then we began calling him. At first, we tried to call the name of ol' Jack then concentrate on him. Then we began chanting his name, and then we fell into fits of giggles, and seeing who could push the thing around the board while trying to freak the other out. After about 15 minutes of this foolishness, we gave up. Neither of our hands were on the pointer when the thing MOVED. On its own - it just MOVED. The candle also started flickering wildly, but there were no drafts in the garage so that was very very strange. While we were trying to comprehend that thing moving, and the candle flame flickering, we heard a scuffle-bump come from one of the dark corners of the garage and that was the end of it for us. We both ran out of there screaming. Left the game, the candle, and whatever was scufflebumping around behind. My dad came careening around the corner of the house in time to catch us as we babbled about Jack the Ripper. He went into the garage, packed away the game and put it up. That's the LAST time I ever played Ouija.

See? Boring. I mean, it scared the doo-doo out of me at the time, but it's kinda tame now in light of all the weirdness that "IS" at my house now. Incidentally!!! Someone who posts comments on here as "anonymous" was over here a while back, helping my husband build a fence. There was an 'incident' that HE saw where the door to the room the baby was sleeping in suddenly was "opened" when before it was shut!! HA!! See?? We're not the only ones that this thing shows it's non-face to!

********************EDIT ALERT!!! EDIT ALERT!!!!************************

I JUST REALIZED THIS IS MY 200TH POST!! WOOOHOOOO!!!
 
posted by Norman at 8:44 PM | Permalink |


11 Comments:


  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 12:13:00 AM, Blogger pack of 2

    congratulations on 200...that is awesome!

    So maybe jack the ripper is like Paris Hilton & he gave your number out...or his blackberry was hacked or something...lol

    S

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 2:08:00 AM, Blogger Dari

    C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 7:58:00 AM, Blogger Northwoods Woman

    So you conjured up Jack the Ripper and he is stalking you?

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 10:13:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    Do you ever think that maybe there's a very light magnet inside the Ouija board and the doo-hickey-thing?

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 11:05:00 AM, Blogger Michael

    Cool 200.


    Take Care
    Michael

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 12:03:00 PM, Blogger Stormieweather

    I had a similar experience with the Ouija board; I haven’t played it since! Who knows what gates of hell I opened up! Congrats on 200!

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 3:01:00 PM, Blogger Nap Queen

    Super creepy! My sister (the one with the writing that appeared on her walls when she was painting?) conjured up something when she was younger, and will not go near one of those things now. It scared the bejezus outta her.

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 4:15:00 PM, Blogger A couple of newer paintings 2019

    Congratulations on 200, Norman. That's great!

    My sister and I had a ouija board when we were kids but nothing ever happened with it. It must have been a boring ouija board or maybe we were boring.

    Anyway on the subject of dreams I have a recurring dream, happens every so often where I'm still in high school and I've forgotten to bring a lock for my locker. I've been out of high school for some 40 years and I've had it on and off for all that time. Go figure!

    Sandra

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 5:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Congrats on 200!!

    I've never messed with one of those boards. I've heard stories and I'm far too "sensitive" in the spiritual realm to subject myself to it.

    When I was a kid, there was this "Mary, Mary" thing you did in a dark bathroom. You would say some chant and a woman would appear behind your shoulder. I got through the first part of the chant when she appeared...and I FREAKED. This woman had blood dripping down her face and was going to grab me. Later, my friend found a drop of blood on the back of my shirt. I burned the shirt and NEVER toyed with that crap again.

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 7:52:00 PM, Blogger Mise en Place

    GIRL!! Are you crazy playing with that thing? AND, of all people you try calling JACK? Oh man!! LOL

     
  • At Monday, March 20, 2006 8:03:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Shelly - ewwwwww!!! You typed Paris Hilton's name on my blog!! ewwwww!!!!

    Dari - T H A N K Y O U ! !

    Livey - I hope not? Or then.. jeez - what the hey. gotta have a sense of adventure - eh?

    Freak - where would it be hidden? I'm not buying a game to find it either!!

    Michael - yeah... Beans!

    Stormiweather - you opened a gate too?? Who came thru?

    Nap Queen - yes - these games are evil!

    Sandra - I don't believe I've ever had a recurring dream!! Can you change it up when you dream it??

    Dana - We ought to get together and do the Ouija thing. Maybe we could find Jimmy Hoffa!

    Momyblogr - I WAS 9!!! and who else would you try to raise?? i mean... really....

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com