Wednesday, March 08, 2006
I was attacked!

Cute bunny, huh? Yeah...real cute. Little fucker ATTACKED me this morning! Can rabbits get rabies? This cute litte fuzzy bunny chased me down this morning and freaked the crap out of me.

I was walking into work, minding my own business - when WHUMP! Something slammed into my calf. I looked down, and there was a rabbit. That little mofo was about to run into me again. It lunged at me, and I skittered sideways, losing my cup of coffee (CRAP!SHIT!) in the process. Of course, there were witnesses. The transportation crew was sitting outside their little trailer just hoo ha-ing away. I backed up and stared at this deranged rabbit in amazement. All I was trying to do was walk to my building!! There are rabbits all over the freaking place where I work. Usually, they stay in the grassy areas and we people stay on our sidewalks. I was on the sidewalk. The Human Domain. I never ventured into Bunny Domain. I was in the people place, so this bunny was clearly out of line. But he didn't care. I edged closer to the edge of the sidewalk, and trying to ignore the cries of "Hey Norm! Watch out - He's a killer!" and "Run Norman Run!" I slowly made my way towards my building. The rabbit kept watching me. Fricking bizarre. I got about 6 steps away from him and he went after me again, so I did the next logical thing: "AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!" and took off running. This of course was very entertaining for the watchers. The damn rabbit hit my leg two more times before I made it to my building. I whipped open the door, shut it and heard the rabbit hit the door. DAMN!!

It's got to be one of these things:

1) The rabbit had babies very nearby where I was
2) The rabbit is rabid
3) It's a devil bunny

Now - I've told you this before, but my place of employment is equivalent to the size of a small town. EVERYBODY knows about my attacker this morning. I had people e-mailing me pictures of rabbits. Some of the more creative ones were photo-shopped pictures of rabbits sporting vampire teeth. Another one sent to me was a rabbit that appeared to be posing with its paw on my head (someone photoshopped my badge picture into it) . All.very.entertaining. Har.Dee.Har.Har.

And at the end of the day, the yard crew manager told me that they were going to bait the area around my office building to 'rid' the ferocious beasts. Apparently - they really are kicking around the idea of rabies, and they do need to exterminate the creatures. I am very sad about this. I've been there for 7 years, and I've never been attacked by a rabbit. They are mostly cute little things. I did mention to the yard guy that the rabbit might be drunk. We have been fueling our cars with Ethanol, and the rabbits have been chewing the wires on the cars to get to the alcohol in the gas. Maybe it was a drunk rabbit? Maybe it was hungover? I don't know. All I know is that because I got whammed in the leg by a stupid rabbit - I'll have the deaths of hundreds of rabbits hanging over me. Just call me Elmer freaking Fudd.
 
posted by Norman at 8:34 PM | Permalink |


17 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:14:00 PM, Blogger Cori

    That really is a little creepy. I know I'd be staring at that bunny like "WTF is your problem?" and that second charge would have had me running too. Poor rabid rabbit.

    Be vewy, vewy qwiet. We're huntin' wabbits!

     
  • At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:16:00 PM, Blogger A couple of newer paintings 2019

    You really do have some strange things happening to you!

    Sandra

     
  • At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 9:21:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Cori - I'm still mad that I dropped my coffee!

    Sandra - I agree. But I think I'd be bored if nothing ever happened. Besides - it's just ghosts and rabbits. Only two things... really.

     
  • At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 11:27:00 PM, Blogger pack of 2

    I don't know but I think that rabbit IS A GHOST...aha...I may be on to somathing here:)

    Shelly

     
  • At Thursday, March 09, 2006 3:42:00 AM, Blogger .-

    surely you've seen holy grail?

    and yes, they can get rabid.

    http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/778d/

    be berry berry quiet

     
  • At Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:10:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    I'm with Pack of Two; I think your home ghost might have decided to follow you to work. Okay, okay, kidding; you don't need to be worrying about that at work. But you DO have the strangest things happen to you, Normie!

     
  • At Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:49:00 AM, Blogger Michael

    only you Norman.

    Take Care
    Michael

     
  • At Thursday, March 09, 2006 7:21:00 AM, Blogger Tammy

    Um, I think the rabbit is rabid. Did it bite you? Eck. You should have poured your coffee on it!

     
  • At Thursday, March 09, 2006 9:52:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    *sings to the tune of Santana's Devil Woman*

    It's just a devil bunnay with evil on it's mind.

     
  • At Thursday, March 09, 2006 12:04:00 PM, Blogger HotDudi

    I know this sounds sick...but this actually had me laughing out loud at work today! I even mailed a friend of mine to come visit ur blog cos she was feeling a bit down & I knew it would cheer her up!! ROFL!!

    I don't usually laugh at other people's misfortunes, but it's just the way u write 'em! ;-)

    Here's hoping there aren't any more "incidents" along ur path!

     
  • At Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:25:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Pack of 2 - Oh sure... make fun of my ghost. Watch out!! I'll send it to you just like I did Livey!

    Velma - I think I might have seen the Holy Grail, but I don't remember the rabbits!! LOL Love the link!

    Linda - if strange things didn't happen to me, then I think I would be a very boring person. I wouldn't have anything to tell ya'll!

    Michael - yes... only me! And I can't believe you own 80% of this blog!!!!! pirate

    Tammy - Nah - it didn't bite me, it just kept whamming into my leg. But it's dead now. Along with about 50 bazillion other rabbits. I feel so horrible...

    Freak - I'm dancin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    HotDudi- so nice to see that you laugh at my misfortunes!! heheh... Hope your friend cheers up!

     
  • At Friday, March 10, 2006 3:10:00 AM, Blogger Aric Blue

    It was the ghost! The ghost possessed the rabbit and made it attack you! I see a movie deal in this!

     
  • At Saturday, March 11, 2006 7:56:00 AM, Blogger Stormieweather

    A day in the life of Norman! I'll be on the watch for evil bunnies from now on.

     
  • At Sunday, March 12, 2006 10:09:00 AM, Blogger GUYK

    I'm with Livey-I would have just took a step back and kicked the little sumbitch into next year--or the frying pan. Of course it could have been a mad rabbit! was it foaming at the mouth and avoiding water? Yes I know, rabbits don't take baths but they do go to water once in awhile.

     
  • At Sunday, March 12, 2006 12:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Got here via Livey's site, very strange, but I did have a moose run into my van when I stopped to watch him on his trail where it crossed the road, he did considerable body damage on the van too. Never underestimate the pea brain of an animal when they decide to do something no matter the size.

     
  • At Monday, March 13, 2006 1:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    That is the funniest and weirdest thing I've ever read!

    I think the rabbit was smoking crack.

     
  • At Monday, March 13, 2006 12:10:00 PM, Blogger Nap Queen

    Ever read Bunicula??? Hee hee, devil rabbit :) I almost ran over a squirrel while riding my BIKE. He ran right under me, then had the nerve to chatter at me from the curb as though I had done something wrong. What's up with the rodents?

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com