Sunday, January 28, 2007
Fresh from Venus!!
Yeah! My man is here, and he completed the downloading of the photos I had taken. Unfortunately, I think a couple of them burned up upon reentry into the Earth's atmosphere, but hey!! I got this:


That's our front sidewalk during The Great Snowstorm of 2007. I shoveled that badboy BY MYSELF! WOOT! And if you have a really good computer monitor, you should be able to see that it was still snowing when I took that picture. Hey! That's not a bad shovel job for a Texan, knowwhutimean?

And if you're very patient... I have another download thingie to share with you, but the media is still streaming back to Earth (from Pluto this time). When I receive it, I'll get it on here.

Wow!! Now I'm editing this post, because more pictures have arrived.

Now, my good blogfriends Linda & Denny of RV Vagabonds did the SWEETEST thing!! Just out of the blue, and totally unexpected...they SENT ME IN THE MAIL a cute little bird statue.

But not just ANY cute little bird statue. They sent this:


If you can't read it, it says "I took a pain pill - Why are you still here?"

I'm bringing this little dilly to work with me. But see - it only came with one sign. So I'm in the process of making some up, so that I can change the signs to fit my mood. Here's one that I came up with (and no... I don't know how to Photoshop very well...OBVIOUSLY. Use your frickin' imagination.. ok?)


Can you read that? It says: I love you more today than I did yesterday... Yesterday you really got on my nerves."

So!! Let's have some fun!

Tell me what you want sign you'd like to see on my bird! Leave your suggestion in comments. I'll make up a bunch of signs and have an INTERCHANGEABLE statue!

Thank you again Linda & Denny! Ya'll are the greatest!

 
posted by Norman at 8:19 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At Monday, January 29, 2007 6:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You're welcome, chickie. I figured once your move to San Antonio was complete your new co-workers would need fair warning. Heh.

     
  • At Monday, January 29, 2007 6:14:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    "I can only please one person per day, today isn't your day and tomorrow isn't looking good either." My fav. quote.

    I'm still kicking Normy. Sorry I haven't been around.

    SC

     
  • At Monday, January 29, 2007 6:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    "Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part." One of my favorite office quotes, along with the one SC used.

     
  • At Monday, January 29, 2007 7:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Awesome pics! Did you pay attention to the reentry process? ;) Can't believe you got that much snow! Nice job on the shoveling, lady.
    Cool statue. How about this for those days when you just have too much to do:
    All trespassers will be shot on sight. All survivors will then be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Have a nice day!
    hehehehe

     
  • At Monday, January 29, 2007 8:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Great job shoveling the walk, but, uh, you missed a spot.

    And, how about: “I want any shit out of you I will squeeze you head.” I gave that to one of my underlings (I’m from the old school – no coaching, team leading for me) once and he gave me one of those toy dog poops. He said I should hang on to it because that was the best idea that would be coming out of his head. Ingrate!

     
  • At Monday, January 29, 2007 10:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    "I promise not to be mean if you promise not to be stupid." That is one of my favorites.

     
  • At Monday, January 29, 2007 12:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Let's see, some that would come in really handy at my job:

    "Deadline, schmedline!"

    "Did I ask you?"

    "Yes, thanks for asking, that item is next on my 'To-Do' list."

    "It's due WHEN?!?"

    and, one of my favorites:

    "No, I'm not deaf, I'm ignoring you, get the hint!"

    ~Andrea

     
  • At Monday, January 29, 2007 5:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Well here in Hell we got cold rain and some ice on bridges but that is about it I'm about 4 hrs away for you or so I think. (not good with directions or geographical placement) lol.
    how about:

    "you didnt get the MEMO" (office space love it lol)

    "I'm not sleeping, just resting my eyes"

    " I'm not sleeping..just wishing really hard you will go away"

    "oh. you were talking to me?"

    "wait let me se *wink* nope you're still here"

    if I think of more I'll come back!lol

     
  • At Monday, January 29, 2007 8:45:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    oooOOOOooooooOOoooo!!!!!!!!!!!

    All very good signs!!! I'm gonna get busy now and type them all up so I can switch out the cards when the mood strikes me!!

    Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At Tuesday, January 30, 2007 6:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    How can I miss you if you don't go away?

    Later Gator,
    Ally

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com