Friday, January 12, 2007
Vultures!
Holy Crap.

Vultures I tell you... VULTURES!!!

See, the cat is out of the bag at work about my leaving. The only thing I have NOT done is given them an actual departure date. Now, there are thousands of people at my place of employment and suddenly it seems that they all covet my job.

I've got a cool job. Let me get that clear. I really hate to be leaving it. But I'm also excited about a change as well. Still...the chances of me finding a job like THIS one are close to nil. My traveling adventures are probably going to come to a screeching halt as well. I liked this job because whenever I got bored enough, I could always suggest some training or a conference or seminar that I "desperately" wanted to attend.... like the one at the resort in San Diego... ahhhhh....

Anyway, today I was sitting at my desk, when I heard a knocking at my door, followed by a curious head poking their way in... "Norman!? Is it true?? OH MY GOD!!! Are you really LEAVING??!!" "Yes. In fact, my husband is already in San Antonio, and he's been there since November...." I reply "Oh you poor thing!! You must miss him dreadfully howsoonwillyoubegoing?" "Um....as soon as I sell my house. Wanna buy my house? It's got a ghost!!" (I see that as a possible bargaining chip, depending on the weirdness of the person I'm pimping my house too) "Well, no - I don't need a house right now. Hey! Why don't you tell me about your boss?!"

my boss?

"YOU CRACK BABY!!! YOU WANT MY JOB!!"

And this is how my days have been going since news got out that I'm leaving. I get all these nicey-nice speeches about how much I'll be missed, then they prance on out and e-mail their resumes to my boss. Vultures.

Well, let me tell you one thing... these people that think I have this really really cushy job are in for a rude surprise when they actually get down to it... HA! You cannot believe how many people think I just piddle around doing "fluff" stuff. They don't know all the behind-the-scenes scruffing around that I do to make things appear as if they just....FOOF!! Happen! I mean, I really WORK. And these same people that are sniffing around my office lately are the people that are always *bitter* about their current job. My work ethic is VERY different from theirs! I take the good with the bad, and no matter what - I try to keep a cheerful look on my face, 'cause eventually, the smile will sink into my brain through osmosis and make me FEEL cheerful as well (at least, that's my theory). Really though, if you're in a crappy mood, smile at someone. They'll smile back and it will make you feel better. But these are those people that ALWAYS find something to bitch about. I hope to hell one of them doesn't get my job.

I've been compiling a "short list" of people that I think have the right attitude for my job. I've already told them that I'm going to suggest them as "possibles" to my boss, and my boss has already told me that she'll want my input on the new hire.

Egads.... it's weird to be looking at resumes of people to take YOUR job. It's surreal.

And I can do without the vultures!

(Edit)
Would you believe that someone just e-mailed me at home asking "is it true"... *gads*
 
posted by Norman at 8:12 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At Saturday, January 13, 2007 12:37:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    I had to train people (because I did the work of three) to take my job when I was leaving the country club in Florida. I was excited about moving home, so it didn't bother me, although I thought constantly, "You are SOOOOO not going to be able to do this as well as me."

     
  • At Saturday, January 13, 2007 8:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Watch out for the ones that poke your ribs, or try to fatten you up.

     
  • At Saturday, January 13, 2007 6:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    NORM!!!!!!!!
    SAM I AM here catching up with your posts. remember the trip you took to vegas??
    i am going tuesday. will not be the same without you there beating the everloving shit out of me everytime you win. i will always have those memories, fortunately the bruises healed.
    i am staying at new york new york as usual so i tell you what. between 10 and 11 on wednesday night i am going to THE TABLE and put a substantial bet on 8 17,and 24. so, wednesday night(on vegas time) think 8, 17(thats the day my son turns 21, the reason for this trip), and 24.
    hope all goes well with your life changes, cant imagine that you you wont make the best of the situations that come up
    ps
    should i take the money i know we are going to win and buy him a hooker for his birthday???

     
  • At Saturday, January 13, 2007 8:27:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    FM - Yah! They always told me they'd hire me a clerk, but I never saw it happen. I can just see it when I leave... I'm expecting a phone call from my boss saying "I'm sorry we never hired you a clerk!!"

    Silliyak - I don't need anymore fattening up!!!

    SAM I AM!!!!!! - HEY DUDE!! Ok, so what you're saying is that there is still time for me to get to Vegas by Wednesday, huh?! Oh, and it's 7!!!! NOT 8!! SEVEN!! 7 and 24... and don't forget the "insurance bet" on 0 and 00. Remember?? HUH?? REMEMBER??!!!
    Tell your son happy birthday, and DON'T get him a hooker! He'll probably be able to scam a cutie for himself there... (or you can just have him call one of the girlies off the cards they hand out on the strip!)

    Norm!!

     
  • At Sunday, January 14, 2007 12:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    OK, I never got to pick my replacement, but...

    At my first job, the day I gave my two weeks, they got a resume in from a guy who was slightly overqualified (in theory, he had about a decade more experience) and was moving to the area because of his wife's work.

    So my last week, I ended up TRAINING my replacement to do my job.

     
  • At Sunday, January 14, 2007 5:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Norman, they may find someone else to do your job, but they'll never replace you! (((((hugs)))))

     
  • At Sunday, January 14, 2007 9:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    They'll never "replace" YOU, Norman... just fill your spot! Damn vultures. :P

     
  • At Sunday, January 14, 2007 10:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    There are always vultures in ever company. They are the ones who think, because you are very good at what you do, that the job is easy. Then, IF they get it, they cannot keep up you the output you preformed. Then they complain about this one, too. The worse ones are the people who want your jobs simply because it is an upgrade from their current position. My suggestion is to just hire the woman with the biggest boobs.

     
  • At Sunday, January 14, 2007 11:00:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Ace - yes, I'll be training my replacement as well.... talk about weird!!

    Linda - Awwww thanks!!! That make me feel all squishy inside!!!

    Lisa - Yeah!!! That's what I'll tell them!!

    Coffeypot - The biggest boobs, huh?? How about just bigger than mine? 'Cause that would be ANYBODY!! (See my above picture)

    Norman!

     
  • At Monday, January 15, 2007 5:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm coming up on 30 yrs, any suggestions for my endlessly patient bride?

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com