Sunday, October 02, 2005
Are you a know-it-all?
I Used to think I knew a lot. But then I read this list. I think I only knew a couple. I guess I'm a know-it-some.

Give this a whirl. Since I'm feeling particularly e-vile, I won't post the answers until tomorrow. No looking up the answers on Google!


Are you a know it all?

These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers (and the answers will be listed tomorrow!)

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

4. Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball.

5. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

6. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

7. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw" and they are all common words. Name two of them.

8. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

9. Where are the lakes that are referred to in the Los Angeles Lakers?

10. There are 7 ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls (a walk) is one way. Name the other 6.

11. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

12. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter "S."


**************************************
I just got back in town tonight from the Albuquerque Balloon Festival. it was GORGEOUS! My children acted like little heathens, so we didn't stay long (can you say "meltdown?") I did, however, get to meet an online friend there. It just so happened that she was coming to the festival as well, so we met up with each other. It's very very strange to finally meet someone in person after having talked to them in virtual reality for almost 2 years!!

I do have lots & lots of pics that we took, so don't be surprised if a couple of them pop up now & then.

The drive down was terrible. My husband was driving me up the friggin wall. He's the most OBSESSIVE person I know. I finally ended up yelling [screaming] at him. Something about him accelerating up to 95mph because he "thought" someone might be trying to tailgate him. I don't think he really understood that we were on a twisty road going up a mountainside as this occurred. I was really very angry with him! But more about that later!

Enjoy the quiz, I'm off to catch up on everyone's blogs - and I'll post the answers tomorrow. I believe I got tagged (again) while I was gone, so I must go wreak more havoc around the blog world now. Since I think I've tagged almost everyone I know - I'll just go tag some complete strangers to stir up some hate & discontent....

cheerios!

norman
 
posted by Norman at 7:20 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com