Tuesday, October 25, 2005
Vegas Bay--bee!!
I really love my job sometimes. I just got forced... yes - FORCED, to go to Vegas for 3 days. Then after that, instead of flying home, I head over to San Francisco for a couple days, THEN I get to go home. Yeessss..... I think I played it off pretty good. My other two whiny co-workers are griping because this is the 3rd time I get sent to Vegas this year, and added on to that is the San Francisco leg... HAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA!

And in other work news - I got PUBLISHED today!! Bonus! Not that I'll get a cash bonus for it, but hey - I got National Recognition!

Bummer for today? I had to go register for college. That pisses me off! I've been doing this job for 6 years, and today, someone noticed... Holy Crap - she's only got a high school degree. How did this happen?! She needs to go to school. So Hi-Ho Hi-Ho, it's back to school I go. How the HELL am I going to swing this? I get up at the crackass of dawn and drive 40 freaking miles to the edge of nowhere to work 8 hours a day. Then I drive home and start my REAL job, taking care of 3 children - all under the age of 7. I'm going to be entering college at the age of 35 as a freshman. I'll probably be 55 by the time I graduate. Oh well. At least my work will pay 100% books & tuition, as long as I maintain a B average. And my major? Criminal Justice. Kewl.

My husband has two degrees, and I don't think it's made him any smarter. Just the other day, we were sitting at my parent's house, and my dad & I were discussing the rise in cost of Natural Gas. It's estimated the prices will be 55% higher than last year. My 2 degreed husband popped out with this... "Why are natural gas prices raising?" I think I just stared at him in disbelief before I answered.. "Well gee hunny, I don't know... maybe it's the HURRICANES that decimated the gulf coast?" His reply? "Well - that wouldn't affect the oil production... would it?" My response? It can only be described as the dumbfounded look that you see on tv. My dad, who is a cnn freak, just looked insulted. I don't think he's going to be claiming my husband as a son-in-law anytime soon.

phew. What a day. It ended up fun though. I took my 7 year old to see STOMP at the Civic Center. She really enjoyed it. She's a cute kid, and pretty special to me. I've not showed her picture before, but I don't want to post hers for too long, because she's at that age that sick pervos would get a kick out of it. So look fast! I'll be taking it down soon!

(TOOK THE PICTURE DOWN!! THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENTS... SHE'S GOT A BIG HEAD NOW!)

Awwww...isn't she cute? She's my guinea pig. I tell her that I try all my parental stuff on her first, so that I'll know what works better with the other two. She's pretty forgiving of any mistakes I make! And by the way.. I have NO CLUE why her hair is wet in her picture. She's not spilling the beans, but she looks awfully guilty whenever I ask her. Seems to me I remember her being sent home with a discipline report on picture day....


Norm!
 
posted by Norman at 9:06 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com