Saturday, November 19, 2005
Reason #1 and 2 of why I should not be left unsupervised
Reason #1:















Reason #2:















I hate it when my husband cries.

You see, I was going to the bathroom (is that known as "TMI"?), when I noticed a tiny part of the wallpaper that was slightly lifted. Given that I despise the wallpaper, I wondered what would happen if I picked at it.

It was such a satisfying feeling! I wanted to see how much more would come off as easily as it did. So I made my way around the bathroom. It was just like peeling a banana! WOW!

About this time, my husband came barging in. Apparently - he'd thought I had fallen in and then heard disturbing sounds coming from the bathroom, so he was checking on me. He stopped abruptly in the middle of the bathroom, and it looked like his head was on a swivel. He looked at me, he looked at the wall. He looked at me, he looked at the wall. He looked at me.... ok - you get the picture. And then he left. But not before I heard him choking back sobs.

Awww... poor baby. Don't cry!
 
posted by Norman at 9:37 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At Saturday, November 19, 2005 11:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I did this once to my bathroom (in an apartment I rented). It took me a year and a half to fix it. The wallpaper took a bunch of the wall plaster with it so had to fix plaster, sand it and paint it. I loved the torn plaster wall a lot more than the wallpaper so it was definitely worth it. I also received the very same look from my husband (who was then my boyfriend). Wow I am so lucky he still wanted to marry me after that.

    I love your Norman story!

     
  • At Saturday, November 19, 2005 4:46:00 PM, Blogger Michael

    Just tell him good thing it wasn't the living room. At least painting the bathroom doesn't take forever.


    Take Care and enjoy your bike ride. Hopefully you won't get saddle sore.

    Michael

     
  • At Saturday, November 19, 2005 5:55:00 PM, Blogger Tammy

    That takes the "if it feels good, do it" to a whole new level.

    But, I can't wait to see how you fix it!

     
  • At Saturday, November 19, 2005 8:42:00 PM, Blogger Northwoods Woman

    It ate my comment again!

    Is this the bathroom the ghost likes?

     
  • At Saturday, November 19, 2005 9:50:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    uh huh. I'm sure I'm really pissing it off now.

     
  • At Sunday, November 20, 2005 7:23:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    I hate wallpaper, too. I used to love ripping it off in the house I rented before.

    I actually put up a border - once. Never again. I will stencil until I have nubs for fingers before I put up wallpaper again.

     
  • At Monday, November 21, 2005 8:36:00 AM, Blogger Nap Queen

    Peeling wallpaper has to be one of the most satisfying feelings. I did that with our entry hall when we moved in. I got halfway through, then hired a professional to do the rest.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com