Sunday, November 27, 2005
TADA!
Good God I survived ONE holiday!

I've learned something in my experience as a mother of three: Someone will always be puking or squirting crap. Or both. I think it is too much to ask that I get a week or two between illnesses.

We drove home from Arlington TX last night. Everything was great until about 1 hour away from home. Then, the baby became inconsolably unhappy.

Let me tell you this, when you've got 5 people crammed into a Honda, and the baby is Inconsolably Unhappy... EVERYBODY becomes inconsolably unhappy. Then we began the improvised Chinese Fire Drill while the car was still moving. The seven year old hopped into the front seat, I hopped into the back seat (and knocked my husband in the head with my butt on my way back... shit - it's diet time). Then I grabbed the baby out of her car seat and attempted to make her happy. (I know - you're not supposed to take them out of the seat in the car... but YOU try to adhere to that with 3 unhappy kids!

So - she cried for about 10 more seconds - and then she blew up. Puke all over ME, the car seat, the Honda's seat, and one teeny tiny drop on the 4 year old. We had complete & utter silence for about 5 seconds. Then all hell broke loose.

EWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna throw up!!! (That's my 7 year old's reaction)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!! SHE PUKED ON ME SHE PUKED ON ME - MOMMY SHE PUKED ON MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! (That's the 4 year old)

What the hell is going on back there????!!!!!!! (That's my husband)

Here's me: OMYGOD I'VE GOT CHEWED UP CHEERIOS AND CHICKEN DINNER IN MY HAIR STOPTHECARSTOPTHECARSTOPTHECAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the baby: eeee... hee heee aah ah da da da da .. Happily wiggling her fingers at us.

And that was my car trip home. I don't think I need to blog anymore about it. Ya'll get the picture - right??

NORM!
 
posted by Norman at 7:17 PM | Permalink |


12 Comments:


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com