Saturday, March 03, 2007
Oh yeah. 'Roid Rage is truly setting in.
Now I'm not too sure this can actually be classified as a true 'roid rage, because I happen to believe that I'm ALLOWED to be as angry as I wanna be about this.

See, our internet/cable company was bought out by a company called "SuddenLink". SuddenLink has been marketing this truly fantabulous offer of internet and phone service all on one bill, with a SUPER LOW LOW PRICE. So we jumped on it. It's all about saving the $$'s you know? Well, we went ahead and switched two weeks ago from AT&T to SuddenLink on our phone.

Biggest...Mistake...Of ...The ...Year

We have now had SuddenLink phone service for 2 weeks. We are in the process of frantically trying to switch it back to a company that actually knows their ass from a hole in ground. For some reason, SuddenLink has felt compelled to drop our service for the past two Fridays. And we don't get our service back until MONDAY when the local office opens to schedule their own repair appointments. Oh sure, we can ask the on-call person to schedule an appointment for us, but then we get appointment times for Wednesday or Thursday. We have to call the LOCAL OFFICE during business hours in order to get a Monday time slot. Forget having them come out on weekends. They just don't "DO" that.

And did I mention that since our phone & internet are bundled together now? This means that when our phone service goes out....SO DOES OUR INTERNET! Last weekend when our 'nets went out, I called the company and they mumbled something about Wednesday before service would be restored. So I went off on some tangent about me having a home-based business, numerous job applications perking around in San Antonio, incompetent cable companies that are trying to be too big for their britches, and having NO PHONE SERVICE and NO INTERNET Service and that meant they would have NO PAYMENT from me for services NOT RENDERED and blah blah blah. (BTW, if you're wondering how I called them with no phone service, I used my cell....so shut it, I ain't lying) So they pro-rated my bill for the days without service, and promised it would never ever ever happen again... until last night...

Same frickin shit. Only this time it's slightly better because our phone service only goes out SPORADICALLY and so does the internet. See, today we were without phone & internet service from about 11:00 pm last night until about 3:30pm today, and then on & off on & off on & off. So I called them again and asked them WTF was up. This time they gave me a story about migrating data down in Lubbock and we would have service on Monday. I think I screamed something like "Hell to the NO!!" before I got hung up on. This meant that I had to wait thru the voice options on the eternal hell of cable company telephone routers while I whipped my 'roid rage in a frenzy. See - what they don't know is that my dad lives 1 block away from me, and he was plugging away on the internet playing Poker (using SuddenLink), with NO service outage at all.

1... Block...Away.... So apparently, the migration of data from Amarillo to Lubbock is only affecting....my house. Yeah – right... and...and...


AND DAMN IT!!!!

Ok, you guys can’t see this, but right now I’m typing in frickin’ Microsoft WORD, because the damned service just now went down again. AGGGGGGGGAAAIN!!!!! I was typing away in blogger when this stupid little pink bar appeared on the bottom of the window that says:

“Could not connect to Blogger.com. Saving & publishing may fail. Test connection now”.

Oh hunny. I don’t NEED to test the connection ‘cause I know that SuddenLink is probably migrating a bunch of shit in Lubbock that they try to package up and sell as “Great Service” to us here in Amarillo.

Nice.... SuddenLink. Real nice. I can’t wait for the “so-called” service to pop back up for that minute it will take me to publish this crap about the way you really work...

Oh – and just try and sue me for slander, because we’ve got the service records to prove it.

Here’s your new slogan: SuddenLink...suddenly you have it, and then suddenly you DON’T!

jerkoffs.
 
posted by Norman at 7:16 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At Saturday, March 03, 2007 8:48:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    If I made you a margarita, would you feel better?

     
  • At Sunday, March 04, 2007 6:30:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    Okay my dear, now tell us how you REALLY feel about Suddenlink! Yeah, I'd be ticked too if I found out someone a block away was enjoying phone and Internet service while I was busy twiddling my thumbs. Get 'em!

     
  • At Sunday, March 04, 2007 11:09:00 AM, Blogger Silliyak

    I THINK that ATT has a "Welcome Back" program, but you have to ask for it. It might save on some fees. I have issues with ATT, but I've been through problems with other providers also. Quickest way I know to get my blood pressure up. From either side, at the first sign of resistance ask to speak to their supervisor, and move up the chain as you need to. Good luck

     
  • At Sunday, March 04, 2007 11:53:00 AM, Blogger Silliyak

    Keep a log of contacts with times and people's names. Recite the detailed history if/when you have to call back.

    Oh, another strategy we use is bad cop, worse cop. "You don't want to have to talk to my (significant other), he/she is so ticked off he/she can hardly speak"
    Always ask for the person's name, and spelling if needed. I try to be tersely polite. Ask questions about how things are going to be done, when, and what should you do IF that doesn't solve the issue? The Gold standard is to get a special call back number for the supervisor's supervisor or a "Conflict resolution" manager.
    If you have a radio or TV station that has a consumer complaint guy, mention that you are keeping detailed notes for a possible contact with them, or just contact them, and see what they can do.

    Try to not piss off the poorly paid peon that is at least nominally trying to solve your problem. They can sabotage you.

     
  • At Sunday, March 04, 2007 2:08:00 PM, Blogger Laurel

    I never had phone service with Suddenlink butI had the same stuff happen to me when I had internet with them. I would try to get on the internet and it keep connecting and unconnecting. My modem flashed on and off and on and off and I kept calling them and the sent signals, and sent people out to my house to check the strength, sent me a new modem...yadayadayada and it never stayed on ALL THE TIME so...I just cancelled service which inconviences me since I am taking 2 online classes so I have to make sure that I get all of my internet stuff done while i am on campus. I didn't have any problems when I was with COX.

     
  • At Monday, March 05, 2007 9:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Wrong.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com