Saturday, October 29, 2005
Of course you know, this means war...
What would Halloween weekend be without a ghostly post from me - eh? That spirit has fucked up. I am now announcing a full out war.

You see, from time to time, when it's not making me uncomfortable, or letting me see it's shadow, things... disappear. One time, I was looking for the baby monitor. It wasn't on the cabinet where I'd left it. I looked there. I did! Then I enlisted the help of my husband. First place he looked: The cabinet. It wasn't there. So we looked & looked & looked. Finally - I looked at the cabinet again where it's supposed to be, and surprise! There it is! So things disappear, then magically show back up.

But now - he's (or she) has done it. My coffee is missing.

This is unfair battle tactics. You don't take a person's coffee. I don't care if you are living or dead - you just don't do that.

We bought a full thing of coffee at the store yesterday. I remember putting it away. Why? Cause it caused a 'tiff'. I tried to put it in the pantry with the "C" foods (for coffee), and my husband insisted it go under "F" for Folgers. (sidenote - this is HIS compulsion, not mine, I just pick my battles). I argued with him and said people don't ask for a cup of Folger's in the morning, they ask for a cup of coffee. So - ultimately, I won of course. He put it with the C foods. When the coffee turned up missing, I thought he was trying to be a turd and checked the F's, and it's not there. We looked all over the fricking house today, and it's nowhere to be found. This entity has screwed up. It has absconded with my coffee and I can not allow that! It should have had the decency to at least return it by now! And I know it was the ghost because he/she/it was here earlier today. That's another thing that ticks me off. It messed with Ethan! Poor baby. He's not feeling well, and he came screaming out of his room and told me he doesn't like the angry man. I asked him what angry man? And he said the angry man in his room. My oldest, Ashton - just nodded knowingly. "Oh, him. He won't hurt you Ethan. He just looks at you." WTF?? "You've been seeing something??!" I asked her. She said she had, but not for a very long time. She didn't seem too weirded out by it. She says she used to see him all the time. So I guess she thought it was normal.

What really chaps my ass is now I have to make a special nighttime trip to WalMart to get more coffee. I've got a raging headache (from caffeine withdrawals) and I know I'm going to be the puke catcher again tonight.

Man I'd kill for a big cup of coffee right now.
 
posted by Norman at 7:49 PM | Permalink |


11 Comments:


  • At Saturday, October 29, 2005 8:29:00 PM, Blogger Tammy

    That spirit has clearly crossed the line. Time for an excercism. Or whatever you do to get rid of them.

    My kids seeing it would freak me the fuck out. I don't think I could live with it.

     
  • At Sunday, October 30, 2005 6:14:00 AM, Blogger Michael

    I feel guilty reading this while I drink my coffee. Sorry but I am addicted too.

    I don't like that your kids think he is an angry man. Ugh.

    Take care
    Michael

     
  • At Sunday, October 30, 2005 7:29:00 AM, Blogger Michelle

    Have you spoken to the ghost? Maybe if you tell it to return your coffee, It will. Same thing about not scaring your kids. I've read ghost stories where people did that and it worked.

     
  • At Sunday, October 30, 2005 8:50:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Yeah - I spoke to it and it blew up a candle. I don't want to anymore. I'm just going to figure out something to make it go away. Get this: There is a guy at my work who is an honest to God Shaman. For real. I always thought he was goofy, but now I think I might have him over tomorrow to "smudge" the house, whatever that means...

    norman!

     
  • At Sunday, October 30, 2005 9:07:00 AM, Blogger Michelle

    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. BTW my daughter(13) loves your ghost stories. She always asks if you have wrote anything new when I'm on the net.

     
  • At Sunday, October 30, 2005 10:22:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    LOL! I'm glad that my terror of this entity is entertaining your daughter. Perhaps she would like to come visit me? We only live about 7 hours away.

    BTW - I'm going to be in Arlington for Christmas - we (your sister too) should arrange to meet at Parks Mall... wouldn't that be cool?! Of course, that means you'd be one of the few people on here that knows my real name...it would kind of take some of the fun away, wouldn't it?

    NORMAN!

     
  • At Sunday, October 30, 2005 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Michelle

    That would be cool! I'll have to send you my email, so we can arrange something.

     
  • At Sunday, October 30, 2005 12:20:00 PM, Blogger Northwoods Woman

    they can't hurt you gf, next time ask it if it wants a beer, get it drunk or something.

     
  • At Monday, October 31, 2005 6:43:00 AM, Blogger Nap Queen

    Oh, that's just not cool at all. Do NOT fuck with someone's coffee. That's the same sort of thing that happens in my sister's house. Driver's licenses ending up IN THE LINING OF THE COUCH. What is that??

     
  • At Monday, October 31, 2005 8:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Time to do some house cleaning, on a spiritual level.

    *shudder*

     
  • At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I don't know why I keep reading these things. The first one scared me, this one terrifies me. I'm a glutton for punishment

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com