Friday, October 28, 2005
This is so sickening. I'm infuriated.
This is so sickening. I'm infuriated.

If you guys are here to read something funny, sorry. Not today. I'm angry.

The news this morning reported on the death of one of our hometown soldiers - Tommy Folks, Jr. It hit a little close to home, being that I worked with his father once. (He's since retired). Then the news went on to say that there is some Baptist Organization out of Topeka, KS that is coming here to PROTEST at his FUNERAL!

What the FUCK is that all about? They showed them on the news at a different soldier's funeral. Apparently, they love to travel around and go do their little protest while the family is trying to grieve. They hold up signs that say "God loves Dead Soldiers".

I have been searching our newspapers online to see what the fall out of this protest was today, because a bunch of people at my work were talking about the "Christian Harley Riders" that rallied and decided to go shield the fucking protesters from the family's view. God I hope they accomplished that. What kind of sick protest is this? I don't care if you are for the war or against... the fact remains - YOU DO NOT GO DO YOUR LITTLE PROTEST AT A FUNERAL! Take it to Washington, DC if you must, picket on your own front lawn, go stand in the middle of a busy highway and parade your opinion there for all I care, but you do NOT take your political stance, try to call it religious, and protest while a family is hurting.

I'm pissed. I was so ready to take the day off of work and visit the protesters myself. I wanted to beat them with a bat. I don't think anybody would've cared.

And the worst part? They plan to go to Dimmitt, TX tomorrow and do the same damned thing. I talked to my husband, he thinks we SHOULD go there tomorrow and disrupt their little party.

You know.. in Texas - "They needed shooting" is STILL a valid defense.

Norman,

hopefully - I will be back to my normal programming tomorrow. Thank you for the vent
 
posted by Norman at 7:56 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At Friday, October 28, 2005 8:22:00 PM, Blogger Mise en Place

    Dang! I'm with you girl. I have a Louisville Slugger in the closet, I'd love to help.

    Be carerul if you go!

     
  • At Saturday, October 29, 2005 6:37:00 AM, Blogger Michael

    I agree, no matter how you feel about the war this is the family's time to grieve.

    Take Care
    Michael

     
  • At Saturday, October 29, 2005 6:47:00 PM, Blogger Nap Queen

    Okay, that is just wrong, wrong, wrong. Let that poor family deal with their loss. That soldier died for something he believed in...let him be buried in peace.

     
  • At Sunday, October 30, 2005 10:27:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Oh my God. I think that IS them... although, Timothy Folks funeral wasn't listed on there... but I still think it's funny that several hundred supporters for the family showed up with the intent of shielding them from the protesters, and they got scared away. HILARIOUS! What a bunch of assholes. I guess the 'righteous' showed them the way. It's instances such as this as to why I stay in Amarillo. It's a town where there's not much to do, but the community watches your back. I love the people here!

     
  • At Sunday, October 30, 2005 12:28:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    IT IS!! IT IS THEM!!!

    I just sent them an e-mail informing them that I will be picketing outside of their church at a time in the future, spreading my own message. Then I thanked them for the idea!!

    NORMAN

     
  • At Tuesday, July 18, 2006 5:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Best regards from NY!
    »

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com