Tuesday, November 01, 2005
EVP? It ain't for me!
Have you ever heard of EVP? Since all of the crap with my little ghostie running around freaking me out, I decided I would try my own low-tech version of EVP. (I'm all about saving money baby!) For the past week, I've been turning on a tape recorder at night and leaving it running. The first few nights, all I got was sounds of my husband snoring & farting in his sleep. That's gross. It takes me 40 minutes to drive to work in the morning, so I listen to the tapes on my way to work. After two days of hearing white noise and farts, I decided to move the recorder. A couple more days of white noise, sans farts, and I was about ready to give up the ghost. Until. this. morning.

AAAAAAAHHH!!!

Wait! Wait! I want you all to be very proud of me. First - I'm home alone right now - and it is dark outside. As I am typing this, I hear scuffling behind me, but I am refusing to turn around. I'm also not running outside. Yet. I'll let you know at the end of this post if I actually make it to the end of this message without freaking out & running away.

OK. I was about 20 minutes into the tape this morning and I heard it. It's very very faint but distinct. I WISH I WISH I WISH I had a way to transfer this tape to the computer. But I'll describe it as best as I can. Imagine, if you will, a bunch of white noise blaring over your car speakers... Got it? Okay. Now imagine.. imbedded in that nose, a whispery voice, in the faint background going "My house". Freaky? I think so. It's a very hollow sounding breathy-quality sound. I can't tell if it is male or female. Next phrase is approx 2 minutes later. "Who [indistinct] you?". And the most chilling? " Watch... [indistinct] baby."

I was late to work this morning because I had to stop the car for a while. My hands were shaking very badly. I don't think I'll be running the recorder anymore. I let my husband listen to it. He made me stop the tape. He doesn't want to hear it.

But I'm keeping an eye on my baby.

Norman

p.s. I only ran out once, and not very far.
 
posted by Norman at 6:58 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:01:00 AM, Blogger Tammy

    Norman, that is so very creepy.

    Have you done any research into your house - about what happened there before you bought it? How old is your house?

    I don't know that I could live there.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 02, 2005 9:17:00 AM, Blogger Nap Queen

    Once again. I got chills reading your post. That is truly, truly creepy. Where was the recorder located when it picked that up? There are some Legal Audio/Video companies that will convert VHS and audio tapes to CD/DVD?

     
  • At Wednesday, November 02, 2005 11:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Ok you are starting to scare me and I don't even live in that house.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 02, 2005 2:27:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    I think your hubby is messing with you.

    Man, I would love to live near you.

    I could scare the shit out of you.

    I'm GLAD my life is so freaking boring sometimes, you know...

     
  • At Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:33:00 PM, Blogger Stewie

    Nice!

    If you hear "Get Out", I suggest you pack your shit and leave.

    I've seen that movie.

     
  • At Wednesday, November 02, 2005 7:35:00 PM, Blogger Northwoods Woman

    I know I posted this yesterday, did you delete it?
    Maybe it meant protect the baby. maybe it's there to protect the baby from evil?

     
  • At Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:33:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    ACCK!

    Hey Livey - I've only deleted one comment in my entire blog-life, and then I felt really bad about it. So - no... I didn't delete? Maybe the ghost did it!

    Stewie - I'm trying to convince my husband to move to Austin! I think I'd tolerate a ghost better down there. (that's my argument with him at least)

    Freak - no... I honestly don't think he's doing this. I mean, it's mildly funny to post about it, but he really knows how truly terrified I am. I don't think he'd go and fuel the fire. He tells me that writing about it might help my fears. Actually - I think he's hoping that ya'll will start making fun of me so I'll see how stupid I'm being, but you guys have been really really nice!

    Tammy - the house was built in 1983, and the original owners are still alive. The guy that I work with (is a Shaman believe it or not) and he says that if the house was vacant at one time, that a spirit *might* have come to be. The house was vacant for 6 months when we bought it.

    Nap Queen, I put the recorder in the Master Bath, which is where I feel really scared. I don't want to spend too much money trying to convert this tape though. I think I'll try the audio blogger tonight and try to get the sound on here?

    Cindy - you think you're scared??!! Try living here!!!!!!!!!!!! heheheehehe

     
  • At Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:42:00 PM, Blogger Mise en Place

    O.M.G. Norm, WTF?? Keep the freakin' recorder OFF, please. That is totally bugged out.

    If you have to do something, maybe you should set up a video recorder where you left the tape. Ugh, maybe not. Man, I've freaked OUT!

     
  • At Thursday, November 03, 2005 1:33:00 AM, Blogger Aric Blue

    That's pretty freaky. If you want--make a copy and email me and I'll give ya my address. I'll digitize it and get you the .wav or .mp3

    Free of charge, too.

     
  • At Wednesday, May 24, 2006 6:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    and you're still living there WHY???? OMG. I want to go home and crawl under the bed and hide after this one. Why oh why do I keep reading these posts?

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com