Thursday, February 23, 2006
Here's one for the ghost posts.
It's been quiet in the ghostly area lately. Until today. *Sigh* I was sooooo hoping that my proclamations of "This is MY house, you need to leave us alone!" had taken hold. Yes - I actually did follow the advice I was previously given of stating FIRMLY but not ANGRILY that this house was mine.

I got home today and headed for the dreaded bathroom like I usually do. Generally, by the time I get home, my husband & children are already in, so it's not an issue. Not so today. I was the first one in. I thought I could brave it out since there'd been no activity lately. Silly me.

I walked into my closet and flipped on the light. It promptly popped, lit the closet with a brilliant flash, then died. I almost did too. (Have I ever mentioned how skittish I am when I'm by myself?) Lightbulbs burning out always freak me out a little.

I shut the door and became aware of a stench that seemed to fill the room. Since I was in the bathroom, I thought I'd check the toilet to see if my husband had maybe forgotten to flush the kids after he'd dropped them off at the pool. Nope. Toilet's empty. And the poopy smell smelled more like dog poop anyway. So I checked my shoes. Clean. But damn! It stunk!

I made the decision to LEAVE. Right away. Just LEAVE. Because you always hear that stinky smells can be ghost related... right? So I thought I'd just be smart for once and LEAVE. The key word here is "LEAVE".

I started towards the only exit out - which was our bedroom door, when the mofo SHUT! By itself! It SHUT! Not with a bang, but I was walking up to it and it just ... shut.

Have you ever had that feeling where you feel like you have no blood left in your body? Gads I HATE THAT FEELING! I also had a big old lump in my throat because I just wanted to start crying right then and there. I swear it took every ounce of strength I had to reach out to that door and open it, and thank God it DID open. Otherwise there would have been a Norman-shaped hole in the door right then and there THROUGH it.

The facts -

There were no open doors, windows or anything to create a draft which would have shut the door.
I was not close enough to the door to create a draft by being near it.
I didn't do ANYTHING to cause that door to swing shut.
I'm scared to death of my house.
The stinky smell was gone by the time my husband got home.
I was sitting in my car in the garage with the car doors locked by that time. (Engine NOT running thankyouverymuch)
 
posted by Norman at 8:20 PM | Permalink |


13 Comments:


  • At Thursday, February 23, 2006 8:41:00 PM, Blogger Dari

    Yes I had the feeling before where I felt no blood left in my body and YES you need a new house. looool

     
  • At Thursday, February 23, 2006 9:53:00 PM, Blogger pack of 2

    Ewwww!

    I would soooo move!

    Shangie

     
  • At Friday, February 24, 2006 6:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Sounds like your ghost likes to toy with you. CREEPY!

     
  • At Friday, February 24, 2006 6:50:00 AM, Blogger Greg

    I think I would be calling the Ghost Busters and a priest.
    I know I would be looking to sell my place if the spooks come spookin'.

    Peace

     
  • At Friday, February 24, 2006 6:51:00 AM, Blogger Tammy

    OMG. Your ghost farted!!! hahahaha!!! Sorry. Couldn't resist.

    Your "Norman sized hole in the door" cracked me right up. I think because I pictured it when you said it!

    I think it's time you get angry with the ghost. Tell him that it is YOUR house and you shouldn't feel scared so he needs to leave you the hell alone!

     
  • At Friday, February 24, 2006 6:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I am a new reader so forgive me if I am out of line. If you are a God fearing person? Call out in Jesus' name that this evil leave. And it will. It has no other choice. It will only work if you are a true believer tho.
    Any way like I said I am a new reader so if I am out of line just let me know and I won't mention this kind of thing again. :)

     
  • At Friday, February 24, 2006 8:21:00 AM, Blogger Spicy Cracker

    Ok.. have you tried to offer the ghost something? Maybe a cookie or some water or maybe a towel. I know it sounds weird but maybe it trying to get your attention and not feel so "unloved" so to speak. If that doesn't work get some sage, find some monks and get the house blessed for crying out loud. Try meditation and being one with the house, see if you can sence what the house is feeling. (weird again I know) Do some research on the house see if something happend on your property, or in the house years before you bought it if you didn't have it built. I kind of dig your apperition... why don't we give it a name? I like Charlie personally. :)

     
  • At Friday, February 24, 2006 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    I think you should decide this ghost isn't out to hurt you and just enjoy the fact you have something other people don't.

    Maybe if you did some research to see if someone died in the house (no idea where you'd start), and see if that's what's causing it.

    Otherwise, time to move, baby. Time to move.

     
  • At Friday, February 24, 2006 3:29:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Dari - I really DO want a new house!

    Pack of 2 - I'm going to move in with ya'll

    Cindy - I don't like being the ghosties TOY!

    Greg - You got a number for Ghost Busters?

    Tammy - eeww!! Ghost Toots!! LOL

    Wendi - I have crosses all over the place. I believe in God, but this ghost still bothers me. Oh well - don't worry... God talk doesn't bother me! As long as you don't tell me I'm going to burn in hell that is. Because that's just being judgemental!! LOL

    Spicy - I'll give it a cookie if it'll leave!

    Freak - How do we know it's not out to hurt me?? Maybe it's just trying to set me up. Kill me with fright or something!!

     
  • At Friday, February 24, 2006 6:27:00 PM, Blogger Northwoods Woman

    I'm telling ya it's your ex neighbor! Next time ask him to give you a sign who killed him and how to prove it!

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Michael

    Was that the smell of fear?

    Did you ever figure it out?


    Take Care
    Michael

     
  • At Sunday, February 26, 2006 5:21:00 PM, Blogger Michelle

    Yeah, I've heard that about "smells" that precede a ghost. I thought there was a ghost in my house once because there was a god awful smell that kept moving room to room. Turned out it was just my son's shoes.

    It definitly seems that the ghost is messing with you though.

     
  • At Monday, February 27, 2006 7:57:00 PM, Blogger overactive-imagination

    I never believed in the supernatural UNTIL....about 10 years ago, I lived in a house that was haunted by my ex husbands grandmother (and yes, I know it was her because it didnt start until she died) anyway I kept it to myself and always thought in the back of my mind that I was just crazy and creating stories....THEn my now 19 year ol (who was 9 when we last lived in that house) said to me,"mom, you know ther was a ghost in that Alice St. house don't you?" I freaked and made her explain and sure enough she had experienced some of the same things that I had. SO WEIRD.
    Good luck with yours.
    Dawn

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com