Tuesday, May 30, 2006
I had something SHOCKING happen today!
Wow!!

I was driving home, and it was raining really really hard (monsoon-style). I was listening to the radio and they were talking about the severe storms in the area. I was just about to turn onto the highway when KA-POW! The loudest noise in the world sounded, with an accompanying flash of brilliant light. Simultaneously, the tree about 100 feet away from me blew up. I'm guessing it was lightening. But I'm not too sure because after that flash of light, I feel strangely CHARGED and unable to concentrate on things for long periods of time. I also have a bad case of static electricity.

And on the dead animal front, I saw a dead porcupine on my way to work this morning. Pretty strange roadkill item for this area... so I wasn't too sure it was a porcupine until my tire went flat.

I think I figured out what killed George. When I found him and his brothers & sisters, they were all very tiny... and SKINNY. So after some quick reading on the internet, and suggestions from Wide Lawns, I got some kitten milk replacement stuff and fed the lone surviving bunny. You guys are all familiar with that. And he seemed to be doing so much better.. he was even gaining weight. However, it seems I managed to overlook one aspect of bunny-care that I suspect was George's downfall.

You see - mommy bunnies help their babies poo by licking their butts. Obviously, I wasn't about to lick anyone's butt, no matter HOW cute they are. I'm just sayin'. So anyway, the night before George died, I read about how to help the bunny poo. The site suggested washing the bunny's 'stuff' with a nice warm washcloth. So I went out to the garage, grabbed George and started wiping. My husband came in. "What the hell are you doing Woman?" and then he turned around and left. I think George was wondering the same thing. But he never pooped. So then when I put him out the next morning, he ran away from me. (My husband said he was prolly scared I was going to try to de-poo him again).

So now I'm thinking that he wasn't really 'gaining weight'... he was probably constipated. I think I killed George.

but it was an accident.
 
posted by Norman at 7:04 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 6:34:00 AM, Blogger HotDudi

    Ooooh...that's harsh!

    D'u think the porcupine thing was to do with the bunny kings??????

     
  • At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 9:05:00 AM, Blogger Greg the Surly

    1. where the hell does one get kittens milk? 2. the ass licking thing is probably meant to be more of a massage thing than a wiping thing. Poor bunny probably died with a chaffed ass. Just couldn't take one for the team, could ya? 3. Bet you wish you'd made the stew when you had the chance now, eh?

     
  • At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 10:06:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    I had a bunny who got neurological damage, and I had to help him pee by squeezing his tummy and bladder. He didn't last too long after that. Nature takes the course it's going to take sometimes, and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.

     
  • At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 2:01:00 PM, Blogger Ace

    I like bunnies. But now I'm kind of scared. Sorry for your loss.

     
  • At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 5:46:00 PM, Blogger Stormieweather

    I'm getting an image of you wiping the bunnys butt - make it go away! Sorry for you loss though.

     
  • At Wednesday, May 31, 2006 8:13:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    hotdudi - i don't know WHAT was up with the porcupine... there was another one out there today. that's TWO dead porcupines. how very strange? I didn't run over any quills this time tho...

    mean coffee - i think i did!! poor bunny

    surly greg - 1. WalMart! 2. nope. wouldn't take that for ANY team. 3. Hossenfeffer!!!

    FM - I don't know what's worse. The mental image of me licking the bunny's booty - or you squeezing bunny juice....

    Ace - Don't be skeered!! Go play with your munkee

    Stormie - sorry!! it's blazed in my head too. Misery loves company, eh?

    Norm!

     
  • At Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:09:00 AM, Blogger Michael

    I thought I would mess with you and post a comment to a post from the past.

    So will you look to see which it was?

    Take Care
    Michael

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com