Thursday, May 18, 2006
Hobnobbin' with the big dawgs!
Oh my.

I'm in a tizzy.

I must say - I've had some interesting experiences, and I've met some interesting people.

But tomorrow - I get to meet a BIG DAWG. Now - there are thousands of people that work with me. No exaggeration there. There's not enough room for everyone to go... maybe 100 or so. The rest will get to view a video of the visit.

But I'm one of the 100 people that get to go!! Obviously - I'm dorking out. I've met a few semi-famous people. Some of them... like Oleg Kalugin, were quite interesting ... others, like the guy who helped catch Eric Rudolph, were pretty down to earth. More recently, I've been trying to wine & dine Kevin Mitnick to come to my work, but no luck yet. (I've not given up hope though !!)

damn.... i'd tell ya more - but I got to go get my beauty sleep... (and I need LOTS of it!!)

WAIT!! Before I go, let me show off my Volleyball star Daughter - she can serve it up!! I got to go to her second game tonight... she scored 8 points for the team! You Go Girl!

 
posted by Norman at 9:25 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At Friday, May 19, 2006 5:41:00 AM, Blogger Michael

    Norman you rock!

    Take Care
    Michael

     
  • At Friday, May 19, 2006 2:36:00 PM, Blogger Mise en Place

    And here I am, still one of the little people. LOL!

    Great shot of your star.

     
  • At Friday, May 19, 2006 8:01:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Michael - Thanks!!!!!

    Momyblogr- Really? You think that's a good shot!? WOW!! That's like... an exceptional compliment!! I've seen your photos and they're awesome!!

     
  • At Friday, May 19, 2006 9:28:00 PM, Blogger Tammy

    When Matthew McCoughney comes will you let me know? Thanks.

     
  • At Friday, May 19, 2006 10:09:00 PM, Blogger Aric Blue

    Tell her to start serving it overhand. Otherwise people will say she hits like a girl!
    :)

     
  • At Saturday, May 20, 2006 10:48:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    As a fellow computer geek I am jealous. I would love to meet Kevin Mitnick. Just curious but what is your fascination with him other than what we all already know and please let me know when he accepts your invitation.

     
  • At Saturday, May 20, 2006 3:42:00 PM, Blogger Stewie

    You start working with Mitnick, you let me know.

    I'm sending you a DVD cover to get signed.

    Seriously.

    And, yes, this is where my dorkness is shining.

     
  • At Saturday, May 20, 2006 7:13:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Tammy - Matty?! Matt & I go waaaaaay back. I'll tell him to give you a holler next time I'm at his house.. LOL.

    Aric - Dude. She's EIGHT !! and a GIRL!!

    Asterismos - I've not got to meet Mitnick yet, I'm just assisting on getting a contract for him to come visit us. He's got an excellent message on social engineering that I think would be of terrific use to some of the people I work with. My work seems to think the same, as they are amenable to forking out the $$ to see him. It's just a matter of getting the stinking contract acceptable to him as well!

    Stewie - Don't worry .. I'll keep ya covered. Chances are - if he comes here, I'll be the one ferrying him around. I did with Kalugin. Hey!! It's not everyone who gets to say they had a top KGB spy in their car!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com