Thursday, June 01, 2006
the drama continues
At work that is. I got sucked into it again. I'm tellin' ya. I just need to buy some stock in Tums. Today passed by pretty uneventfully. So at 4:00, I was sitting at my desk, fat dumb & happy, thinking "Yay!! Today is 30 minutes from being done and NOTHING BAD HAPPENED!! Now if I can just get through tomorrow, I'll be DISNEY-BOUND!!" and then the phone rang. I stupidly answered it.

Now again, I will try to pare it down to the minimum details only - because otherwise, this frickin' post would be 50 pages long. What it boils down to, is a person that we are trying to bring in on a part-time contractual basis wanted to talk to me. This guy used to work with me until about 6 months ago, then he retired. I know him, I trust him, and I like him. And judging by the fact that he called me with this little tidbit - the feeling is reciprocal. Actually - he didn't tell me what he wanted to on the phone. He asked that we meet after work. Privately. I asked if it had to do with anything that I was currently dealing with (he knows about the lawsuit). He cryptically answered "Maybe" and told me he would meet me at my house at 6:30.

I hung up and the bad mojo feelings started. And when I met with him, and heard what he had to say...the mojo boiled over. I told him I was going to tell my boss what he had told me, and that I was going to tell her that it came from HIM. He said he was cool with that and left.

But now I'm wondering. If I give my boss this bit of information, it will definitely PISS HER OFF, though thankfully - not at me. You see, I came into possession of information that the guy I was bitching about in the last post is most definitely 'stalling' on completing some crucial information and that he's only doing it out of spite for my office. When I tell my boss this, she's going to hit the roof. It will be the proverbial last straw.

Here's the problem. IF I tell her of my conversation, she will send off an e-mail, and she will more than likely say "Norman told me this..." and "Norman spoke with ..." and "...he told Norman ..." just like her last e-mail. Then, my name is thrown into the ring again when I would very much like to remain hidden. Also - more than likely, nothing will be done tomorrow about her hypothetical e-mail, because the management people will want to talk it over and decide how they are going to move on it. They most likely will not do anything with it until next week, when I will be gone...... and utterly unable to defend myself against any accusations that might come my way. I'll be at Disney next week, worried if I still have a job.....

If I DON'T tell her of the conversation until I get back, well - then it will probably come to her attention by other means anyway, and my name will still be attached in the way of "Well - I told Norman to tell you this..." also - this whole thing is kind of time-sensitive. It needs to be taken care of. If I don't say anything, then I'm almost as guilty as the asswipe. Either way I'll be worrying next week while I'm on vacation if I should have told her anyway.

It's six of one and half a dozen of the other. In other words, I'm pretty much being sucked in whether I want to be or not. Why? I'm not even the one that put this contract together.

And all I did was answer the phone. Shit!!

So - I leave for work at 7am. You late night/early morning bloggers: Should I tell her or not? I'll check before I leave (I'm not allowed to access blogs while at work)!! I need advice!
 
posted by Norman at 9:04 PM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At Thursday, June 01, 2006 10:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Tell your boss. You don't want to spend your entire time at Disney thinking about this. And if you don't tell her you will think about it.

     
  • At Friday, June 02, 2006 3:36:00 AM, Blogger HotDudi

    At least if you tell her you've done everything in your power to fix things...

    It's the right thing to do...if you stall, you'll be seen to be as bad as the other guy right?

    Good luck...

     
  • At Friday, June 02, 2006 4:44:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Anonymous - is that you boss? LOL!! Ok. I think I decided to tell her anyway, I'm thinking I'm just going to try to sugar coat it a little...

    HotDudi - right, if I stall, then she'll wonder why I'm keeping info from her.

    Really and truly, I just don't want to be seen as the person that instigates all the drama. Especially when it comes to my paycheck!!

     
  • At Friday, June 02, 2006 5:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    why can't the guy that told you tell her? sheesh, that would have left you out of this whole thing...well kind of. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

     
  • At Friday, June 02, 2006 6:46:00 AM, Blogger Michael

    Sorry I'm late...

    Do what is right.


    Take Care
    Michael

     
  • At Friday, June 02, 2006 8:28:00 AM, Blogger pack of 2

    Well I'm too late but I would have said to get it off your chest before you go. At least that way you'll know that it was talked about on your "terms".....I hope it went okay for ya Norm.

    Angie

     
  • At Friday, June 02, 2006 2:20:00 PM, Blogger Nap Queen

    I know I'm late, too, but I would say tell her FOR SURE! Start the firestorm and walk out for vacation :)

     
  • At Friday, June 02, 2006 4:10:00 PM, Blogger Ace

    I'm too late, too. But I agree with NapQueen. Rat-rat-rat and then walk out with a big ol' grin.

    Hope it went well. Enjoy the vacation! They gotta pay you for it even if they fire you while you're gone, right?

     
  • At Friday, June 02, 2006 6:54:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Vety - the guy that told me was more comfortable telling me instead of her because he's known me for 8 years, and he barely knows her. Besides - he was getting information from people telling him that she's a real biotch. (Which isn't completely true)

    Michael - Thanks! I did!

    Angie - It did go okay! Thanks!!

    Nap Queen - i FOR SURE told her!! LOL... I'm laughing at the start the firestorm and walk ....

    Ace - I ratted ratted ratted!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com