Monday, June 12, 2006
*sigh*
Well, we still haven't gotten all the photos over on to the network drive yet... we have over 1000 of them from Disney - (don't worry, I'll not show you all of them!). So in the meantime, I'll show you what we did the week before we left.

I love to do home renovations. We bought this house four years ago, and there are still some rooms that are not to my liking. The room that I'm in right now for instance. It USED to be a maroon color. I hated it. It was so... so.... typical. Everybody up here has at least one maroon colored room, and one hunter green colored room. Yuck. I like light airy colors. The maroon made me feel like I was living in a cave. So I changed it! Finally! After 4 years. Tell me if you like the new color:

Keep in mind that I have not DECORATED the room yet, which is why it looks so plain... but the color!! I love it! In fact, I'm planning on painting our bedroom the same color (it's currently - hunter green). Oh - and yes, this room is where I blog! See? That's my computer on the right. The other two are my husbands. He built all three of them. This room is essentially his media room. But we all spend a lot of time back here. I want to figure out a way to make it not so industrialized looking back here. I also want a flat paneled 24 inch wide screen monitor like I have at work - but sadly, it appears we don't have the room for it on this ancient desk that we're using. But now that our Disney vacation is overwith, guess where our next bit of pocket change is going to? That's right! New furniture for back here! Yahoo!

Ok. That's it for now. Just wanted to show off my newly painted room. Now I'm off to finish the gobs of laundry that we had, and to start taping off our bedroom....

~Norm!

 
posted by Norman at 7:49 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At Monday, June 12, 2006 10:01:00 AM, Blogger pack of 2

    We love the color.

    Can't wait to see the other pics!

    Shangie

     
  • At Monday, June 12, 2006 2:55:00 PM, Blogger A couple of newer paintings 2019

    Soooo glad you're back Norman. I've missed your blogs.Like your light color but it's hard to tell if it's a shade of beige or yellow from the photo. Probably just my eyesight.Your computer room looks like ours did when we had the house!

    Sandra

     
  • At Monday, June 12, 2006 4:49:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    Do you and your husband REALLY need separate computers? If not, you'd have enough room for a 24" monitor.

    And do you REALLY need a 24" monitor? That's getting fahreaking obscene.

    Glad you're back, punkin!

     
  • At Monday, June 12, 2006 7:50:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Shangie - they're comin'!

    Sandra - thanks for the welcome back! Actually, the color is more of a green, it's just very light. I took the picture at night, so the lighting is probably not the best...

    FM - yes, we REALLY need three computers! The hubs is usually doing some programming crap, Ashy is usually playing around at barbie.com, and I need my computer all to myself!! (lol - Ethan is deciding he needs computer time now too...)

     
  • At Monday, June 12, 2006 8:16:00 PM, Blogger Stormieweather

    I love the color! It's the same color as my living room (I just painted last summer). I can proudly say that I don't have a maroon or hunter green room! Glad you're back.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com