Saturday, July 22, 2006
Call me Susie Normy Homemaker!
Look what I made!! I wasn't sure if I could do it, but I did!!



I made this outfit all by myself!! My hubby got me a sewing machine for Christmas one year, and it's sat in my closet ever since.

When I opened it, I remember thinking "What the....?" because I didn't remember telling my husband that I ever had any urge to be a seamstress, but hey - it's better than a tire iron and a car headlight (which is what he gave me for our first ever Christmas). So that was like.... three years ago that he gave the machine to me. Last weekend, I decided to use it.

Ashy & I went to a cloth store, and she picked out a pattern and the fabric. And I did it!!! woohooo!! Let me tell you, those little dangly things on the pants leg were the HARDEST things to attach.

So now, since this turned out so well - I've picked out another pattern, and I'm going to make an outfit for myself. Anybody else want an outfit sewn by me? Dude!! I'm on a roll!! The only thing is, you'll have to pick something that will take black thread, because I still haven't figured out how to change the thread on the bobbin. My mom spun the bobbin for me, so until it runs out - I'm only using black thread.
 
posted by Norman at 9:47 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com