Saturday, July 08, 2006
Too weird for words
It's just too weird for words. Really. But I'm gonna try to write about it anyway.

When we went to DisneyWorld, I brought my favorite pair of sunglasses. At the park, the only things I brought in with me were my sunglasses, my ballcap, a backpack and the kids. Easy stuff right? When we went to the 3-D movie, "It's Tough to be a Bug", I removed my sunglasses, put on the 3-D goggles, and placed my sunglasses on the seat next to me. When the show was over, we left, and I forgot my sunglasses inside. I noticed it immediately, and asked one of the employees if I could go back inside and get them, but they had already started filling the seats with the next group and I could not go back in. She told me to wait until they cleaned the theater and come back to get my glasses out of the lost and found. So I did, and of course they weren't in there.

We never found them, and I ended up having to pay a bazillion dollars for a pair of glasses from Disney, which are the ones I've been wearing ever since we got back.

My lost glasses did not have my name on them.... I'm not 2. I don't mark my name & address on any of my possessions.

My husband never found my glasses either, because he stayed with the kids while I looked for them so he never even LOOKED.

They're LOST. In FLORIDA. Never to be found again.. ever ever ever ever.

Until today, when they showed up on the front seat of my car.

They weren't there yesterday. I'm the only one that's been in my car for the past week. We use the more fuel-efficient car for all our family running around during the week.

But my lost sunglasses are in there.

The ones I lost in Florida. I'll have you know - I'm not the only one tripping out to this. My husband is wiggin' out as well.

Anybody care to attempt an explanation for this?
 
posted by Norman at 1:23 PM | Permalink |


17 Comments:


  • At Saturday, July 08, 2006 2:58:00 PM, Blogger overactive-imagination

    Umm...Your ghost went to Florida with you in your backpack and she picked them up for you.
    How's that?
    Dawn

     
  • At Saturday, July 08, 2006 4:51:00 PM, Blogger A couple of newer paintings 2019

    I agree, it has to be your ghost. Have you ever before gotten the feeling that it was being helpful?

    Sandra

     
  • At Sunday, July 09, 2006 4:31:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    You are scary-weird, gf.

     
  • At Sunday, July 09, 2006 6:49:00 AM, Blogger Cacti to Cornfields

    Yeah, it's TOTALLY your ghostie at work. Maybe she's trying to make nicey-nice with you!! :-)

     
  • At Sunday, July 09, 2006 6:55:00 AM, Blogger HotDudi

    That's some freaky shit goin' on!

    Get out I tell you...GET OUT!!!

     
  • At Sunday, July 09, 2006 9:33:00 AM, Blogger pack of 2

    Its got to be the ghost. I wonder if the ghost had a good time in FL. with you guys? I'm seeing images now of the ghost on the rides.....sunning on the beach....renting a convertible. Hey.....a ghost needs a vacation too!!!!!.....and at least it brought your glasses back. What a nice ghost.;)

    Angie

     
  • At Sunday, July 09, 2006 2:50:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Dawn - My ghost? Aren't they supposed to stay at home?

    Sandra - Helpful?? My ghost?? HA! It still hasn't returned the syringes it stole when my Mother in Law was at the house.

    Linda - I disagree. I'M not the scary thingie around here!

    Cacti - if it WAS the ghost, it really needs to stop thiefing stuff!

    Hotdudi - yeah!! It IS freaky!

    Angie - Why does everyone think it's the GHOST? Maybe it's DISNEY'S ghost? We DID go in the haunted mansion....

     
  • At Sunday, July 09, 2006 2:59:00 PM, Blogger Aric Blue

    Between this and your ghost, I'm just starting to think you may be INSANE.
    :)

    On second thought, maybe YOUR ghost got in touch with the Haunted Mansion ghosts and got them to find your glasses for you.

     
  • At Sunday, July 09, 2006 5:03:00 PM, Blogger Tammy

    Of course the ghost is SUPPOSED to stay at home, but he could not resist a trip to disneyland. I mean who could.

    Perhaps he's trying to make up for the coffee.

     
  • At Sunday, July 09, 2006 8:07:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Aric - dude, I'm not insane!! I promise, it's just wacky shit is all

    Tammy - LOL!! I just wish I knew (for real) those glasses showed up in my car....

     
  • At Monday, July 10, 2006 2:28:00 AM, Blogger Greg

    I told you stop eating those mushrooms you find on top of cow poop.
    Wow you really do need the ghost busters to come and visit you. Have you tried a priest. :)

    Peace

     
  • At Monday, July 10, 2006 4:58:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    EEEWWWWWW I hate mushrooms!! Aren't 'shrooms crazy? You either love them or hate them, there's really no in-between. blech. Shrooms. Also - it's like everyone else is pointing out: If it IS a ghost - then it's being helpful.

    All: My hubby is trying to explain away the sunglasses phenomenon. Now he is saying "Maybe the you just THOUGHT you'd put your sunglasses next to you. Maybe UNCONCIOUSLY you stuck them in the backpack. And then maybe we both just overlooked them since you subconciously put the idea in our head that they were inside (oh - sure it's all my fault... subconcious subliminals)... blah blah blah...

     
  • At Monday, July 10, 2006 7:33:00 PM, Blogger overactive-imagination

    Did you buy your picture from the haunted mansion ride?? Because if you did, you'll notice that there are ghosts in your car with you on the ride....maybe....just maybe your real ghost is in that picture. I sure hope you bought the picture.

    And I know I'm OCD...I've already admitted as much but if you went to Florida then you went to DisneyWorld...DisneyLand is in California...just saying is all.
    Smooches.

    Can't wait to see the picture.Have you named your ghost??
    Dawn

     
  • At Monday, July 10, 2006 7:57:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    dawn - i said DisneyWorld!!! I'm going back thru my post, and it says disneyWORLD!! TAMMY said DisneyLand... (i just may be OCD as well!!!) LOL

     
  • At Monday, July 10, 2006 10:19:00 PM, Blogger overactive-imagination

    ooops you did. My bad. Have you ever been to Disneyland?? A friend of mine just went there and said it is nothing compared to our Disneyworld here in Florida.

    Sorry about that.
    Dawn
    your sister in OCDness LOL

     
  • At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:46:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    Girl, it was me. I picked them up at Disney and made a detour out to you on the way home.

    You're welcome.

     
  • At Saturday, July 15, 2006 9:58:00 PM, Blogger Northwoods Woman

    That was you?!
    Man I didn't know that was you!
    I just put them there cuz I saw this freaky lady leaving them in the theater and followed her car home.
    If I had known it was you I woulda come in for some coffee!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com