Wednesday, July 19, 2006
ho hum.. nothing much -
Just another GHOST POST!

Sadly though, it's probably similar to the old ones. I swear - this ghost is just not creative enough for me.

But last night, my husband & I were in bed, when my hubs sat up. "Wassamatter?" I asked, cause I was about to fall asleep. "Uh... I think Ethan's running around." So he called out "Ethan?" No answer. "Ethan? Come here buddy!" But no Ethan appeared. I asked him if maybe he'd been dreaming, but he said, "No - I heard his footsteps on the carpet." So he got up to check on the kids, (since I was petrified, because i KNEW it was the ghost), but the kids were sound asleep. Meanwhile - I heard scuff scuff scuff in the bedroom. I was trying to tell myself it was just my man coming back, but no... he was still in Avery's room, I could hear him on the monitor.

So then, he finally made it back in, and we settled back in to bed. Both of us were avoiding mentioning our visitor. When "scuff scuff scuff" and we BOTH heard it at the same time. Right in the room with us. So up we popped again, but neither of us said anything, we just listened. Finally - my hubby bravely got back up and started methodically checking various hiding spots in the house. Soon, I noticed that he kept returning to the master bath and checking out the closet. I said "Did you find it?!" (heh! I was trying to be funny), but he called back to me that he could hear sniffling. "Sniffling?" I asked, "Yeah, sniffs. Everynow and then I hear a sniff and it's coming out of the closet" So he poked around in there, and came back to bed.

By now, I was wide awake and sleep was not in the foreseeable future. Then, after a couple of minutes.... SNIFF scuffle scuffle scuffle then the closet door in the bathroom clicked shut.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure who screamed first - him or me, but really - I'm thinking you wouldn't have been able to tell the difference anyway because we both sounded like little girls.

So, we ended up sleeping with the TV on to mask any further sounds. We turned it to the Eternal Word Television Network. I'll bet that's why I dreamt of Mother Angelica hiding in our closet.
 
posted by Norman at 5:18 PM | Permalink |


14 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 6:35:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    Ooh! I'm first!! I'll make a comment about being first so I'll look like a total stalker!!

    I would have moved a long time ago, sister. Does your ghost have a coke problem?

    sniff sniff scuffle scuffle

     
  • At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 6:37:00 PM, Blogger Michelle

    I would have been able to ignore it, up until that door closed. That would have freaked the shit out of me too. If they can shut doors and move stuff what else can they do?

    I want to come visit, do you have any extra room? I just want to see (or feel, or hear, or whatever) for myself.

     
  • At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 7:35:00 PM, Blogger Cacti to Cornfields

    i wonder if the ghostie gets hungry at night, & that's why she's up wandering around. maybe tonight, leave her out some cookies and juice... and maybe a couple claritin for her "sniff sniff" allergies?

     
  • At Wednesday, July 19, 2006 8:55:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    awww now freak!! You know you're ALWAYS first with me!! LOL (and where's that recreated recipe for the Alberto's?? hmmm???)

    Michelle - Hell yeah chicky!! C'mon over! The more the merrier.. you'll see...

    Cacti - I think the damn thing just likes ruining 'special moments' with me & the hubs... OOPS!! I mean... waking us up.. Yeah!

     
  • At Thursday, July 20, 2006 2:52:00 AM, Blogger Itsnopicknick

    that would COMPLETELY freak me out! i'd have to move!!!

     
  • At Thursday, July 20, 2006 3:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You are so much braver than I ever would be. I'm skeerd just by reading your story LOL.

    Ghost Ghost go away. Go on down to someone elses house that Norman doesnt like LOL

     
  • At Thursday, July 20, 2006 6:54:00 AM, Blogger Wide Lawns

    LOVE ghost stories. LOVE THEM!! I went on a ghost tour in key west and I photographed an actual real ghost. I was so excited.

     
  • At Thursday, July 20, 2006 8:48:00 AM, Blogger pack of 2

    LOL @ your hubby screaming like a girl. (Don't tell him though, okay?....wouldn't want to wound his ego)

    Seriously Norm....I like to be scared but I'm pretty sure my bags would be packed by now.

    Angie

     
  • At Thursday, July 20, 2006 12:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    That is so creepy!!!!

     
  • At Thursday, July 20, 2006 2:54:00 PM, Blogger Tammy

    Oh. Holy. Shit.

    That would have scared the beejebbus out of me! :)

     
  • At Thursday, July 20, 2006 3:18:00 PM, Blogger Nap Queen

    I NEVER get tired of these stories!!! I wonder if it's a kid spirit trying to hide?

     
  • At Thursday, July 20, 2006 8:52:00 PM, Blogger Kim

    I always read your Ghost Posts before I am going to bed. There is no effing way I'd have slept in that room, much less the house after that. You gotta figure this out!

     
  • At Friday, July 21, 2006 5:01:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Spoon - I've wanted to move since this damn thing STARTED!! We kinda stuck here.

    Cindy - So. I tried the "Ghost Ghost Go away " chant like you suggested. It was the weirdest thing. About 15 minutes later I saw a pack of screaming Mormons running down the street yelling about possession or something strange like that. Huh. Go figure

    Wide Lawns - I WANNA SEE YOUR PICTURE OF YOUR GHOST!!

    Angie - Too late - but I already told him, but I did tell him that it was ME who thought he screamed like a little girl. I don't care about his ego!!

    Aunt Tiffie - Yes it IS creepy!! You should LIVE here!

    Tammy - you know something? I think the beejebbus IS scared out of me!

    Nap Queen - You never get tired of READING the stories.... however - depending on the fright factor - i do get tired of LIVING the stories!! LOL

    Kim - Careful... you don't want the ghost to leap through the internet and wind up at your house!! That's what happens when you read ghostie stuff at night!

     
  • At Saturday, July 22, 2006 9:11:00 PM, Blogger Vety

    Oh Man Norm...we're sorry! It's all our fault, kid you not the day before you posted this me and Aunt Tiffie (she's my little sister) were just saying how we missed your ghost posts! Next day she calls me and she's like "There's a ghost post"...and then it hit us..."oh, no!"....We feel for you Norm....get the hey out of there man!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com