Sunday, July 23, 2006
Good News/Bad News/Good News
Good news!! - I'm not knocked up!!!

Bad news - I'm incredibly bitchy and edgy today

Good news!!! - I should be feeling more like myself in 5-7 days.


So HA! I'm not pregnant. Phew!! What a disaster THAT would have been. We're having a hard enough time trying to fix up this house to sell it so that we can find a 4 bedroom, and NOT have to pay $120/sq foot. (which is expensive for this area).

I made a few changes on this blog. I used to have a list out in the sidebar called "Notify List" which lets you know when I update. I've been having lots of trouble getting the message out with that program, so I changed the service. If you want to know when I've updated, go ahead and sign up for the new service. Hopefully this one will be more reliable!

Oh - and you'll be glad to know that my husband gave his approval of my SHOCKING AND DARING post for tomorrow. I can't believe that he's ok with what I've planned, but he even said he'll help me post that picture of myself!! WOW!! So - remember - come back tomorrow for my birthday!! I'll expect happy birthday's from all of ya'll!!

What'd ya'll do last night?? My husband took me out for a nice dinner for my birthday (which is tomorrow, but we went out last night). Do ya'll know how nice it was to just sit and enjoy a dinner without having to screech "Stop it!!" "Sit down!" "Eat your dinner!" all the while simultaneously trying to entertain a 19-month old? It was pure bliss.

We went to one of those Japanese steak houses where they cook the food on your table, and bounce the knives and crap around. This is a new restaurant here in town... they used to have this crappy little building that was in dire need of updating, so they built this new HUGE building that cost well over $1 million dollars. It's incredible in there. It would be fair to say that this is a restaurant that you could expect to find in Vegas. When you walk in, there is bamboo all over the walls, and a huge BOAT in the middle of the room. There are about 10 of those grills that they cook in on the boat, each table seats 8 people. Big boat. The boat sits in a small pool of water, and every 30 minutes, it "rains" around the boat. While the water is pouring down, they have lasers that beam a show in the water. If you don't sit in the boat, you get to sit in a room, but you have to take off your shoes. I don't like that area so much. I hate smelling people's feet while I'm trying to eat. Upstairs, they have a VIP area where it costs $200/plate. Can't tell you too much about that area since I'll never be allowed up there!!

But I think it's totally cool that we have a restaurant like this in Amarillo. This little town is certainly growing by leaps and bounds.

We WERE going to go see Pirates of the Caribbean, but the wait at the restaurant was 1 1/2 hours long, then it took 45 minutes for the grill chef to show up. So we didn't have time to make the movie.

oooo. i just read this post. It's incredibly boring. But hey - that's a weekend for you. Good job if you made it this far without falling asleep!
 
posted by Norman at 10:15 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com