Saturday, September 09, 2006
"part two" sorry for the delay
What I've held out on you:

I haven't really mentioned this, because I didn't want to come across as some whack-job. But the fact that someone at work mentioned that it might be ME that's haunted, has made me wonder.

Sometimes I just know things. I'll wake up in the morning and KNOW. It doesn't matter what it is I know. It's lots of different things. But the point of that statement, is the things I know - always happen. It's somewhat unnerving. I've even been guilty of calling in sick to work when it's something work-related that I just don't want to deal with. (Sadly - I didn't 'listen' to the knowing on Thursday, and I'm surely paying for it now....) But let me back up a bit.

Some of you are familiar with the fact that my brother is dead. He died when I was 11, just two days after Christmas. That day is burned in my brain forever. I also remember when I woke up that morning. I woke up early, after having a dream of my brother. He and his friend were waving at me. And then they walked away. When I woke up, I had tears on my cheeks, and it was about 6:45 in the morning. My brother died at about 6:35am. My mother also woke up early, and it's fair to say we were all a little off-kilter that morning. Looking back now, I think we all "knew" something was wrong.

I don't dream often, or if I do - I don't remember it. A dream has to be exceptionally vivid for me to recall it upon awakening. A few years back, I had a dream about my grandmother. It was a very simple dream. It was a dark area, and my grandmother was the only one there. She looked as she had before she got Alzheimer's. She was sitting there, and I remember saying "Memere?" as if to make sure it was really her. She smiled at me, and nodded her head - but she never said anything. But I remember the look of happiness on her face as she gazed at me. And that was the extent of the dream. I remember feeling elated to see her, as she had died in 1993, and to the best of my recollection, I had never dreamt of her ever before. It was so nice seeing her. This dream was so realistic, that I called my mother the next morning, and said "Guess who I saw last night!!! Memere!" My mother was silent. I could tell she thought I lost my mind. "It was so real Mom! It made me feel as if it was actually her!" "Well, that's nice," said my mother quietly. I wondered if I had made her feel sad, since this was her mother I was talking about, so I changed the subject.

The next morning, my father called and told me that my other grandmother had passed. When I went to my parent's house, my mother pulled me aside and said "Remember what you told me yesterday? Well, I think maybe your Grandmother came for her. They were good friends in life, and I think she stopped by to visit you on her way to get your father's mother." I just stood there. My mother continued on, "Your grandmother had the ability to tell when family members would die. She used to wake up in the morning and tell us that someone would die that day. Sure enough, before the day was over - we would have received word that someone close to us had passed. I think she came to get your grandmother, and I think she stopped by you to try to comfort you. I think you have your grandmother's gift." I said, "No offense, mom - but I hope I don't see Memere again." And the conversation was over.

That was a surreal day for me. But little things like that have always happened. I've got lots of little "strange" things that can't be explained, but not enough time or organization to list them all here. But I wonder. If it's not my house, then IS it me? Can I be one of those persons that's just more "tuned in"? If I am, then I don't mind telling you guys that there's NO FREAKING WAY that I'll ever try to 'develop' this ability. That would be even scarier than what happens now. I'm going to try to do what "Amy" has said, and try to tune it out. Because as entertaining as it is for you guys to read about the ghostly stuff, it's going to drive me nuts.

So what do ya'll think? Is it me, is it my house, or I am just insane ?(like Christine says).
 
posted by Norman at 2:07 PM | Permalink |


17 Comments:


  • At Saturday, September 09, 2006 3:13:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    My mom used to say that ghosts are attracted to teenagers because of their energy. Maybe they're attracted to YOUR energy. I wouldn't take it as a bad thing. Think of it like the kid in "Sixth Sense". You see dead people. To us not privvy to that ability, that's awesome.

     
  • At Sunday, September 10, 2006 9:06:00 AM, Blogger Northwoods Woman

    I think you are my long lost twin!

     
  • At Sunday, September 10, 2006 9:18:00 AM, Blogger Teri

    yeah, I think you're more "in tune". they do say this type of ability is hereditary.

    but I would assume the ghosts in your house aren't "yours", meaning they aren't relatives, right?

     
  • At Sunday, September 10, 2006 9:21:00 AM, Blogger Teri

    I think I forgot to finish that last thought.

    if the ghosts in your house aren't yours then why do you see/feel them? It seems that your other instances have been relatives, right?

     
  • At Sunday, September 10, 2006 10:42:00 AM, Blogger ladydyani

    I'm sorry if suggesting that upset you. (I'm ladydyani, by the way)

    Perhaps meditation would help? Or would that just relax you too much and 'open' you up to more of the same? Maybe stress would be good for you? Being perpetually stressed out seems to work for me.

     
  • At Sunday, September 10, 2006 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    FM - it's not awesome!! It's scary!!! LOL

    Livey - next time you go to a blog meet, we have to make sure to "reunite"!!

    Teri - I'm not sure what it is. Maybe it's my husband's dead relatives? My in-laws hate me..

    Victoria - why do you think you upset me?? You didn't!!!

     
  • At Sunday, September 10, 2006 11:48:00 AM, Blogger A couple of newer paintings 2019

    You might want to check out this site:
    http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/

    It sounds like you have some psychic abilities. I think that's a good thing if you recognize it for what it is. I don't think you could be doing the things yourself that happen at your house and at work too.

    Sandra

     
  • At Sunday, September 10, 2006 8:30:00 PM, Blogger Heather Jane

    Norm - about 10 years ago our neighbour's teenaged son killed himself. The whole neighbourhood was notified except for a little girl across the street from us. She was only about 10 yrs old and her parents didn't want to upset her with this information considering she only saw him on the odd occasion when he waved to her from his car as she played outside.
    The night he died, he appeared to this girl in her dream; when she woke up in the morning she told her mom about the odd dream she had about the boy across the street who came into her room and sat down on her bed and said to her "Tell everybody I am okay now.".

    This girl still remembers this dream quite vividly.

    Sometimes at night I hear my Mom's voice calling my name like she used to do to wake me up in the morning - I even get the urge to huck my pillow at the door! It's comforting for the briefest moment until I realize that a voice of someone unseen just woke me up. *shudder

    I wish this stuff didn't freak me out, because like Freak Magnet suggested, you are privvy to that and that essentially you have a 'gift'. But what the hell does one do with a 'gift' they don't particularly want? And how can one return it?

     
  • At Monday, September 11, 2006 8:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I notice from your counter you're at 40,043.

    I didn't make 40K - although I may have done as it's home time now and I checked in this morning at 8am when I got to work :-)

     
  • At Monday, September 11, 2006 9:32:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You are not haunted and you are not insane and you do not need any medication.

    It could be that certain things are drawn to you, or it could be that your house is bad haunted. Personally, I think it is the former rather than the latter. Did you see/hear/feel ghosts before moving into that house?

     
  • At Monday, September 11, 2006 10:06:00 AM, Blogger Baby Blog

    I think that some people are more intuitive than others when it comes to life and death. Personally, I think everyone can do it in some capacity, but ignore it, shut it out, or don't recall their dreams. I've noticed that I have a very strong sense when it comes to animals, and an OK sense when it comes to people.

    Like when my grandma was dying, she looked up at me, and asked "am i going to die today?" and I said "no, you have your ups and downs." or something along those lines, but I knew it'd be the last time I saw her. The next night, I woke up a little after 3am, thinking of my grandmother, but I wasn't sure why. I suppose I had been dreaming or something, but I hardly ever remember my dreams.

    My mom called me the next day, at around 4pm, telling me my grandma had died a little after 3am that day.

    It was so weird, and I still struggle with the concept of death and what happens afterwards, just because it hit me so hard because of that dream.

    it's actually a fairly cool gift...it would be very interesting to explore the concept of foresight a bit more.

    love your blog! :-D

     
  • At Monday, September 11, 2006 9:43:00 PM, Blogger Michelle

    You are so cool.

     
  • At Tuesday, September 12, 2006 5:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You're clairvoyant, I just finished reading a book called "The house of the Spirits" and they talked about someone with your kind of abilities, but she wanted to expand on them and use them.

    I would be under the bed hiding.

     
  • At Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You are a definite insane looney case. Your stories sound "made up." I think you would like to have "the gift" in order to impress people, despite your denials. Just calm down and stop getting freaked out in your own house...your mind is probably playing tricks on you. Take up smoking...maybe nicotine will calm you. Then again, maybe smoking isn't a rational solution.

    Sorry to hear about your brother, though.

     
  • At Tuesday, September 12, 2006 1:35:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Sandra - Thanks for the cool link! I especially liked the "fake" vs. "real" photos. Very cool!

    Calamity - OOOOO!!!! That was a weird story!! I love hearing about stuff like this, but I don't like it when it happens to me...

    No patience - I've seen that show ONCE. It was very weird when this man would show up all in black. Kinda ookied me out!

    AFC30K - awwww!!! You were ALMOST 40K!! Now you'll have to try for 45K

    Amy - I've felt "uncomfortable" by myself in our old house before, but nothing like my current residence.

    Amelia - I would prefer to think it's more intuitive than some other worldly sense. It would maybe make me feel better.

    Tammy - so do you know of a way that I could "return" this gift?!

    Michelle - so are you!

    Vety - huh. I'll have to look for that book. Hey, move over under that bed!! I need to crawl under there too!!

    RationalThought - hm. I'm going to assume that you're not being mean - just blunt. I promise you I'm not making up the stories. But you're not here so I don't blame you for not believing them. It's your own opinion! I do smoke already - I'm actually trying to stop! My husband sometimes hears the footsteps. Sometimes he hears them and I don't. It's really an odd occurrence. And thank you for the sentiment about my brother. He was really special to me and I miss him dearly.

    :-) Norman!

     
  • At Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    If you dream about me, please let me know so I can stay in bed or hide or something.

     
  • At Thursday, September 14, 2006 8:12:00 AM, Blogger karen!

    I have feelings sometimes. I have predicted a few deaths, but not all deaths that I know about. I have had dreams about dead people, that make me think they were sending me a message. I have seen people and thought that would be the last time I saw them alive, and I have been right. But these are just slight feelings and I usually think nothing of them, until I am right. Weird.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com