Friday, September 01, 2006
I saw something new today!
I was at work, walking between buildings when I got the feeling I was being watched. So I started to slowly scan the grasses around me, because you can never be to cautious when it comes to snakes. But it wasn't a snake I saw. It was a teeny little furry baby bobcat. About 10 feet away from me. Stalking me. Now obviously - I'm not afraid of a 7 inch high little kitty with no tail.... but I was afraid of the mommy. Who was no where to be SEEN, but this probably explained the watched feeling. So this baby bobcat is somewhere tonight - feeling superior because he ran off a big human. Yup. I sprinted. Now - this little bobcat family is probably the explanation for the absence of attack rabbits that I've noticed in the past two weeks.

Well guys! It's Friday - and it's a 3 day weekend for me! What's better to do on a Labor Day weekend than to GRILL! So Norman is grilling tonight!!! And I've decided to share my marinade recipe for you. We're having boneless grilled pork chops, and they are mmmmmmmYUMMY!

Go ahead and try it. You won't be sorry!

You'll need:

1 cup Mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip... gross)
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 cloves finely chopped garlic
1 tsp. chipotle chili powder

Now - here's the secret. Blend those ingredients together, and set HALF of it aside. Put it in the 'fridge, and serve it along with your chops once you're done grilling.

With the half that you have left over, do this: Take your pork chops (preferably boneless, and thick enough to grill) and place them in a large ziploc bag. Throw the mixture in the bag with the chops and smoosh everything around, until the chops are covered with the mixture. Then stick it in the fridge and let it sit for a few hours, until you are ready to grill. Then just grill your chops like usual. When you serve it, servce it with the other half of the mixture that you set aside. WAAAAAAY delicious!

So anyone want to share their favorite marinade with us? Post it in the comments!

The weekend poll is coming tomorrow. Anyone have any suggestions for the K-Fed contenders?
 
posted by Norman at 3:54 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com