Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Semi-ghost post with a THEORY!
I was at work today, just minding my own beeswax - when someone popped their head around the corner and said "Hey! Aren't you the one with the haunted house?!" So I told them yes, and they promptly started laughing at me. But see, my office opens up to a break room (shut it... I'm a peon) and some other people in there told this guy that he should actually HEAR my stories. Because - see, I tell you guys my ghost posts, but YOU don't see ME actually freaked out about it. So usually, whenever something happens over here, I blog about it, but I'm still really unnerved and skittish for a couple days afterwards. Of course I talk about it at work. And you know what?? A lot of people BELIEVE me. You can tell when someone is laughing at you by the look on their face. But the majority of the people usually pop out with an "unexplained" occurence of their own as soon as I finish telling them what happened. They are the ones that believe me. Also - as someone pointed out to this guy today, I'm not claiming that I'm actually SEEING the damn thing... other than ONE time where there was a shadow that remained in my room after turning on the light, but I do claim to hear it. And my stories aren't waaaay out there. I try to relate to you the way things actually occurred. But anywho - this guy told me to humor him, and make him a believer. So I began. I opened my gab and told him about my kids being frightened, and asking about the angry man. I told him about the coffee and the syringes. I told him about the footsteps and the shadow and ALL the other stuff I have in my ghost posts. Heck - I even threw in some crap that happened to me when I was a kid - that I didn't remember until I started talking. Well, about this time (and right as I was talking about the stuff when I was a kid), this other person, that was listening in asked me if I had considered the fact that maybe it's not my house that's haunted... but me. Because, as she pointed out - it's too coincidental that two houses I've lived in have had things occur. Hmmmm. I've never considered that.

Now I told you guys about the Ouija board (oh shit. I typed Ouija. Now I'm gonna have even MORE hits for people looking for a frickin' Ouija board.) incident where the candle blew up while we were using it. I remember telling you about that. But did I tell you about the keys that vanished? No? I don't believe I have. The year was 1979.

(start the dream sequence wavy lines that show up on tv when they reminince)

Wow!! It's 1979 and about 7:30am. My sister and I are eating breakfast, and my mom is acting like a crazy woman trying to get us to hurry up so we won't be late for school. You should see her!! hahahahaaaa!!! I'm burbling my milk in my glass, because it grosses out my sister, and she's chewing up her food and showing it to me because THAT grosses ME out. And then my mom comes walking in and yells at us. "Hurry up! We're going to be late!" As she's crabbing at us, she grabs for the keys that are hanging on the wall. She misses them, and we all watch them fall to the floor behind the buffet. "Dammit!" she yells. My sister and I make big eyes at each other because she's cussed. Now my mom is huffing and puffing and trying to yank this piece of furniture away from the wall to retrieve the keys... only they're not there. "What the ....?" but she doesn't finish because she already knows we're going to repeat the "dammit" word to my dad. She pops up and checks on top of the buffet, to see if they are sitting under the toaster. No keys. "This is crazy!" she mutters and checks underneath the buffet once more. No keys. And now we have no keys to the car. HAHAHAA!!! My sis and I are stoked - cause we think that means we don't have to go to school (no keys equals no car equals no ride...) but she calls the neighbors and we leave. Meanwhile - she's waking up my brother and having him take apart the buffet to see if somehow, someway they fell INSIDE of it. No keys. He thinks she's insane. She's wondering if she is as well.

(start the dream sequence wavy lines to show that the memory is over)

ah... Here we are back in good old 2006. Wasn't that a freaky memory?! It really happened! Years later, we were getting the rugs replaced in the house, and my mother watched them pull up the carpet in that room to see if they had somehow fallen UNDER the rug. (Yeah, she was grasping for straws at this point) But they weren't there, and we never found them. Ever. The guy I was telling this too didn't believe me, so you know what we did? I called my mom, put her on speaker phone, told her there were about 5 people listening, and to tell them the key story. So she did. EXACTLY AS I'VE JUST TOLD YOU HERE.

This guy is now a believer. Because he said there was no way I could have made up that story on the spot and had my mother re-tell the same story. And after she told the story is when my co-worker suggested that it was ME that's haunted.

And I think it makes sense. Because guys.... I've held out some information on you.

But I'll tell you later and let YOU decide for yourselves.

~Norman!
 
posted by Norman at 7:08 PM | Permalink |


12 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I'll admit, I've not read all of your ghost posts yet, but is being haunted a good thing or a bad thing?

    Also, maybe you're not haunted, but just more sensitive to freaky stuff that happens that most people figure out a way to explain? Or perhaps you just attract ghosts?

     
  • At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 6:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Freaking Hey! How do you leave someone in suspense like that!??? :) I hate scary stuff, I'm the biggest wimp there is and yet I'm soooo addicted to your ghost posts (and my sisters too..meanwhile, I'm sending them messages right now to let them know you have a new one...) But Hot damn woman I don't know how you do it! Maybe you should go on Montel Williams and see that psychic that is always on. Do you want me to write him a letter about you? I don't think you're haunted (which by the way, that is a scary way to say it), I just think that you have some gift or something or aura that lets you see/notice this stuff. I wonder if I have some weird instances that I just never related to this type of phenomena. Oh that's just me trying to figure out why oh why I lose everything all the time.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 10:04:00 AM, Blogger Wide Lawns

    No Norman No!! You know the ghost posts are my favorite. No leaving me in suspense like that!! It's hurting me!

     
  • At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 1:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I think that some people are simply more aware of the afterlife and that brings the strange things to them. I imagine you are one of those people.
    Or maybe you're just nuts lol

     
  • At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 1:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I just read through all of your ghosts entries. While not a definitive believer in ghosts per se, I do believe you have something happening and it gives ME (a skeptic) the goosebumps to read your stories!

    A few months ago, right around his 24 month mark, my 2 year old said something about 'the man by his bed' one night. I managed to mark it up to a dream. I've heard others say that small children see angels. But "angry"? [shudder]

     
  • At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 2:35:00 PM, Blogger Teri

    I love your ghost posts although, I would be scared shitless to live in that house.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:31:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Ladydyani - it's a bad thing!!!! and yeah - that's the theory I'm working up to. I just didn't get a chance to type it up yet...

    Vety - HA!! I leave people in suspense VERY EASILY!! BECAUSE I'M E-VILE!!

    WLSW - very very evil i am. Sorry!! I didn't get a chance to type up the second part!!

    Cindy - yesssssss!!! I'm a HUSSY!! I haven't been called that in a long time!! YEEEHAAA!!

    Christine - OMG!! Wow!! You never comment here!! Cool! but - i've been accused of being nuts. Lots.

    Corporatepeon - Woohoo!! i've maybe recruited another believer!! You know - children see LOTS of stuff that adults don't. Haven't you ever seen a baby just staring at nothing before? Avery did it all the time. And she points at the closet a lot and cries. But that could be because Ethan has hidden his hulk hands in there.... (she's scared of them)

    Teri - Yes. At times I am quite constipated.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:40:00 PM, Blogger Michelle

    YOU TEASE!!

     
  • At Thursday, September 07, 2006 1:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Well shoot woman I come back and no post. Double Huzzy :)
    I call SOMEONE I know a huzzy at least once a day. tee hee

    Still waiting Cindy

     
  • At Thursday, September 07, 2006 2:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Love your blog! I got here via Wide Lawns.

    You are not "haunted," but you do have what some call "the gift" what I call "the pain-in-the-ass curse." I've had so much freaky shit happen to me. As I've gotten older, not as much though. I figured out a way to turn it off to a degree, kind of like turning down a volume knob. It helps. Still, though, if something is really strong, I can't get away from it. I'm kind of used to it, has been happening since I was a kid.

    Good luck.

     
  • At Thursday, September 07, 2006 6:47:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Michelle - Just keep up with the name calling!!! uh huh... that's right... LOL - sorry!! I was at school last night, and tonight I'm trying to wrassle the kids into bed.... let me try to get the rest of this post up!

    Cindy - Soooooorrry!!! Real life has intruded on my bloggin' fun!! Between working full time, (and yeah - a humdinger has hit at my work and I've been busy) and going to night school, and trying to be a room mother for Ashy - volunteering for a charity org, and organizing a seminar, I have very little time left to myself (don't I sound whiney?)

    Amy - Thanks!! I love Wide Lawns blog too!! She's wickedly funny!! I do need to ask you how you managed to turn it down?? I really need the advice!

    Norman!

     
  • At Friday, September 08, 2006 10:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Norman, start with willfull ignorance. Ignore them/it. REALLY IGNORE THEM, tune them out, don't let them get to you, pretend that they don't exist and you are just like everyone else. I have found the more I react, the more it seems to encourage them. They are kinda like school yard bullies in that way. When you scream and run out of the house, or keep whirling around in your chair trying to catch them, it encourages them because they think they are getting through. I have a theory that when you do that you are sort of giving them energy. Don't give them any of your energy.

    Then, you consentrate on tuning them out, like they are white noise that doesn't really effect you. Also it helps to understand that they can't really DO anything to you physically. It's not like the movies - they can't possess you, very rarely can they effect physical objects to the degree that they could throw something heavy/sharp/large, and if they scare you you're letting them scare you. TUNE THEM OUT. Gradually, less and less stuff will happen.

    It took me a few years to really get this down, but I was very young so it probably won't take you as long. And still, sometimes things still happen, just not with as much frequency. I would not be hankering to spend the night in your house, for example.

    If things continue to be unmanagable for you, call in a priest or that psychic woman you visited. I'd be she could help. I had a friend who had to have her house cleansed. It took an afternoon and her problems became considerably less.

    Also, from what I understand most of them are harmless, just sad and lonely and confused. I think feeling pity for them, rather than being afraid of them also helps.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com