Wednesday, August 30, 2006
I stubbed my toe. Really Hard (Really)
Heya! Guess what I did today? I stubbed my toe. Hard. Really really hard. I think I broke it.
I decided to share my misery with you guys. Pretty nasty huh? I think I should tell you that my husband is MORTIFIED that I am publishing pictures of "the ugliest feet on the planet." In fact, he suggested I cover the rest of my toes to spare you any further disgust. I agreed with him.

How did I do this nasty injury? Well, if you're wondering "Did she kick her husband in the ass for saying she has nasty feet..." you're wrong. Frankly - I agree with him. I've got some jacked up feet. If I'm not hammering the crap out of them on unseen floor obstacles, I'm having to dig out ingrown toenails. Not. a. pretty. site. What I did was run into the door frame of our bedroom because I stumbled on my way out the door. Graceful I'm not.

Actually - the main reason I'm hiding my toenails from view, is because I neglected to polish them since there's no chance to wear sandals at work - so why spend time painting them, only to jam them in ugly "sensible" shoes.

Speaking of work. How the hell am I supposed to wear a fully enclosed shoe tomorrow? This is going to be TORTURE. What if it gets infected? If it DOES get infected BECAUSE I have to wear those damn shoes mandated by them....Do you think I'll be able to sue the company because of their silly requirement? If I do sue my company, do you think I'll win? This could be the "lucky break" (haha!! pun intended!) I need to be able to stay home with my kiddos!! I can be a multimillionaire on the basis of my utter klutziness!

hmmm... maybe there could be a silver lining to my day after all.




But.... that's a nasty looking boo-boo huh? Would I be whiney if I told you guys it really really hurts? I'll have you know - that's NOT red polish on my toenail. This damn thing keeps bleeding. I've gone through half a box of bandaids already.

It really really REALLY hurts. I do believe this is the mother of all stubbed toes.


**oh, and if you REALLY wanna be grossed out, you can click on the above pictures for a much larger view... don't say I didn't warn you!
 
posted by Norman at 9:18 PM | Permalink |


17 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 11:37:00 PM, Blogger Madwag

    OUCHIE!!!!

     
  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006 2:46:00 AM, Blogger Blu Jewel

    Aww! I hope you won't have to wear the shoes and that your toe feels better soon. I'm not stranger to foot ailments so I empathize with you.

     
  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006 3:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Sorry about your boo-boo. I have both broken my big toe tripping down the stairs and had the same big toe crushed by my dining room chair but not at the same time of course. Yeah I lost my toenail with that second klutzy incident. Did you get that broken bone nauseous feeling after it happened? I did when I broke my toe. Also, having my toe crushed hurt MUCH worse than having it broke. And, almost one year after the toe crushing, my toenail still hasn't grown out right. Hope yours isn't all that bad and feel better soon!

    PS Get a doctors note. Surely they wouldn't deny you "medically needed footwear".

     
  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006 3:53:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    Dang, that looks painful!

     
  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006 5:12:00 AM, Blogger HotDudi

    Eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww...poor Norm!!

    That looks damn painful! I'm forever stubbing my toes on stuff (I'm known for it in my family!) thankfully it's never been as bad as to break any bones...

    Hope it gets better soon...but if it doesn't, maybe you could blame work anyway!?! What have you got to lose?

     
  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006 5:31:00 AM, Blogger Dari

    Ouch....It must had hurt
    Actually it looks like the mother of all stubbed toes.
    I wish it was the toe of my next door neighbor
    She deserves it.....not you

    It would be very much appreciated if you take a picture of your foot ware going to work

     
  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006 5:44:00 AM, Blogger Fabnormal

    OOWWW! Damn it that looks painful.

     
  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006 6:17:00 AM, Blogger Kim

    OUCH! But your fingernails look great1

     
  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006 7:43:00 AM, Blogger Spicy Cracker

    Oh man Norm... a stubbed toe is the pits.. I've broken my 2 toes next to the little one before it happend at work, at the time I was working at a local DQ and I grabbed 2 dilly bar sticks (aka tounge depressers) taped them up got to my doc and they said ... "well thats what we were going to do anyway" I would deffinately let a doc look at that... don't mess with infections and your feet that bad ju ju. Hope you're day goes better.

     
  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    I broke my toe running into the bookcase at the top of the steps, so I know how it feels. I spouted off cuss words I didn't even know I knew in rapid succession.

    And it's only going to get better for you - the top of my foot turned black and blue later. So pretty!

     
  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Bollocks, I would amputate the little bugger!

    Then no more aggro!

    Afterwards, go for a bender!

     
  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:07:00 PM, Blogger pack of 2

    OUCH...We looked at the large ppic...holy crap Norman, you have a big chunk missing on the tip....that looks so painful!

    Good luck with the lawsuit! Send a chunk of change our way if you stick it to em & we will keep your secret:)
    (see how we plan to not work anymore..hehe)

    Shangie

     
  • At Friday, September 01, 2006 12:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi, I'm de-lurking! *gasp*

    It has been my experience that toes just bleed a lot. I swear that my toes have their own separate blood supply. If they didn't, I would have bled to death by now! Anyway, I hope your toe heals quickly~

    BTW, you remind me of my mother. And that's definitely not a bad thing since I consider her as a good friend.

     
  • At Friday, September 01, 2006 4:54:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Madwag - yeah!!!! But you gotta know "ouchie" was NOT the word(s) I said when I did this....

    BluJewel - I got permission to wear "shoes of comfort" for my toe until the 5th of september. So there goes my lawsuit....

    Asterismos - OOOOOOO!!!! Crushing your toe??!!! Dear God. My whole body is puckering up from the imaginary pain you must have felt! YOW! (oh and my work's medical dept never believes the "real" doctor notes from town. buncha quacks)

    Linda - Yeah!! It really is!!!!

    HotDudi - I'm always boinking my toes too!!! This is the first time I've done one THIS bad....

    Dari - it DID hurt!!! LOTS AND LOTS! Now why would you wish a jacked up toe on your neighbor? What'd she do to you??

    A taste that's bitter - and you should see the "other side" of my toe where all the streaky bruises are striping my toe like a zebra!!

    Kim - Why thank ya !! Getting my nails done is my one little luxury that I cannot do without!!

    Spicy - Dilly bars!!!!!! I love dilly bars!!! and yes "mom", I've got an appointment with a podiatrist on the 23rd of September...

    FM - My mom was standing next to me when I did my toe and commented on my language. Cause I did like you did! I told her I learned all my good words from her. LOL!

    Barmy - but I'm on antibiotics from last weeks chest cold!!! I can't go on a bender!! Amputations just aren't worth it if you can't drink yourself silly....

    Shangie - yup. It's got a chunk missing AND a little flap of skin that likes to pop up and wave in the breeze. Along with my toenail. My toenail likes to stand at attention and make me cry.

    Amanda - I believe you!! This toe bled all day long. Quite the juicy little appendage. Thanks for the compliment btw!!! Mom's are COOL!

     
  • At Monday, September 04, 2006 12:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Ok not to ignore your pain, but uh, what color nail polish are you wearing and who makes it??? :o) Sorry about the toe, that bites!

     
  • At Monday, September 04, 2006 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Julie - check back with me NEXT monday, and I'll have an answer for you. My friend does my nails, and she's got the color over there. I think it's called "tippy-toes", but I don't know the brand. I'll get back to you!

     
  • At Monday, September 18, 2006 9:33:00 PM, Blogger Shiny Blue Black

    That looks... seriously seriously painful. at least a full box of chocolates and a pint of icecream painful..

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com