Sunday, September 03, 2006
We interrupt this Weekend Poll:
Some guy got shot the other night here in Amarillo. Now - we're not like those BIG TOWNS where somebody gets shot every night. Nope. Shootings here generally make big news. Just like this one. So this guy gets shot at one of the "IT" places to be. But I'm not just blogging about the shooting. I'm blogging about this guys REACTION to being shot. The injured man has definitely earned my respect as someone I should strive to be. When he got shot - he fell into the bar, where about 50 nurses happened to be, and he received immediate help. However, he was concerned about the patrons being worried about him so he waved and smiled at people as he was laying there on the floor. Might I add that this guy was shot in the back, and the bullet has lodged next to his spine in an inoperable location, so he will have this lump of lead in him forever??? This will be such a headache for him in the future if he ever tries to fly, since bullets are not allowable on planes...hahahaha... but I digress.

Anyway - the newspaper asked for a quote from him about the youths (19 year olds) that shot him and he said "My heart goes out to those kids. I know they probably were just troubled. They were real young," "I'm OK. I don't want anyone to worry about me. God was with me." (That's the link to the news article). And that's what he said. Now see. This is where this guy and I are different. First - if I had been shot, I wouldn't be laying on the floor concerned about others. Let's do a fictional account of what would have happened had this been me:

(Gunshots: BLAM BLAM BLAM!)

ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'M SHOT I'M SHOT I'M SHOT I'M SHOT!
ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'M SHOT I'M SHOT I'M SHOT I'M SHOT!
ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'M SHOT I'M SHOT I'M SHOT I'M SHOT!
MUTHAFUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I'M SHOT!! OH DEAR LORD HELP ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET YOUR ASSES HERE AND HELP ME NOW!!!!!!!! NOWNOWNOWNOWNOW!!! I'M SHOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

See? That's how I would handle this situation. And then if a reporter asked for my take later in the day?

"you get those assclowns here and I'll show them a little payback.....BLAMMITY BLAM!!"

yeah. This guy's a waaaaaaay better person than I am.

*************NOW BACK TO THE POLL!!! As I type this, K-Fed and Britney are tied NECK & NECK!! WOW!! Wonder what life is like at their house?? Keep voting!!! I'll announce the "winner" tomorrow!
 
posted by Norman at 1:17 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com