Monday, April 30, 2007
all together now: awwwwwwwww
Tonsillectomy's aren't any fun. Just ask this guy:





Yup. This is one unhappy child. He wants THESE back in his throat:



I'll have you know that those things are staying up on the fireplace mantel until I can find my hot-glue gun & seal the damn thing shut. I'm not saying he's actually gonna open the damn thing, but given our track record -- I'm just trying to be safe.


So he gave us a couple of scares during his surgery, like - continually barfing after he came out of recovery... That's a bad deal following a tonsillectomy. Finally - the nurses shot him up with some phenergan and that seemed to cure him. Now the biggest challenge is making him drink at least 50 ounces of water a day. That doesn't sound like a lot to big people like you and me...but if you want to try to put it in perspective, try guzzling a water cooler with a ripped up throat.

He's not happy. But popsicles make a nice break from Kool-aid!


And remember the unhappy bird I showed you a few posts back? Well - she sat out the frigid winter weather, and managed to hatch two of her three eggs!!



Can you see them? Aren't they the FUGLIEST things EVER? I'm way too excited! We watch her feed them all day long. Big fat nasty worms & bugs. The kids are thoroughly disgusted, but can't seem to pry themselves away from the Wild Kingdom that is our kitchen window. And if we go outside - the damn Mom & Pop birds swoop us. It's my frickin' house. And for that matter - that was my hanging flower basket that the birds killed!!!

Damn ingrates.

 
posted by Norman at 8:12 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com