Saturday, April 21, 2007
Dream Time
Hey! I had a dream last night and remembered it! Usually - I never remember my dreams. They have to be very vivid for me to remember them. AND, if I remember them - I generally remember them in detail.

Now - it's not surprising that I had a vivid dream that I remember, what with all the turmoil going on. However - I'm going to take this dream as a POSITIVE thing, because....well - you'll see.

Usually - the vivid dreams that I remember are about tornados. I only dream about tornados when I have a major upheaval in process. Well, I think my life qualifies as upheaved right now.

I dreamt that I was in a small town (go figure), and the tornado sirens started going off. My husband and I (I think my kiddos were at my parents) quickly ran for a 'shelter' of sorts, which turned out to be a concrete-like building with a large metal swimming pool in the middle of the room. (Whoever said dreams were normal?) We jumped into the metal pool along with about 15 other people, and waited. We began to hear the howl of the winds, then an ominous silence. All of a sudden, a loud noise (the typical freight-train noise you always hear about), enveloped us and the entire room spun up into the air. Everyone in the metal pool was screaming - including my husband and I who were clutching each other for dear life. We spun up up up and away - like a ginormous frisbee (like I said, dreams are weird), and crashed into a large tree. We live in the Panhandle. I don't know WHY there was a tree in my dream. I lifted my head - shaken, and saw a huge tornado spinning away from us and lifting back up into the clouds. Gone.

Miraculously - my husband and I were fine, exhilarated, and began to help the others. Then I woke up.

Now see - I want to view this as a positive thing. Even though there was destruction around us - we were okay, and together. Usually - we spin apart and can't find each other. I think this dream means that we'll be okay through all the junk we're going through.

And WHAT junk are we going through? This:

Selling a house.
Trying to care for the kids by myself
Trying to buy a house.
Quitting my beloved job.
Starting a new job.
Ethan needs surgery (tonsillectomy)
He's very ill right now (two visits to the emergency room last night)
Crazy schedule at work right now (back to back presentations of 200 people each)
Trying to find some downtime for myself (ain't happening)

Turmoil.

Maybe it's no wonder I dreamt of tornados. Or maybe it's because it's tornado season in the Panhandle and I think we're going to get hit today with one because they're calling for severe weather this afternoon.

I don't know. But in the meantime, I'll view that dream as proof that my husband & I can stick together during this tornadic time in our lives...

norm
 
posted by Norman at 9:02 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At Saturday, April 21, 2007 5:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm so sorry about Ethan. I hope he feels better real soon!!! And don't worry about anything else. Everything will work out, I promise.

     
  • At Sunday, April 22, 2007 11:16:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    Hang in there, Norman. Sending lots of positive thoughts and energy Ethan's way--hope he feels better soon.

     
  • At Sunday, April 22, 2007 6:07:00 PM, Blogger Lisa

    Wasn't there just a tornado in the panhandle?? Are you sure you were dreaming? Hope you're ok girl!

     
  • At Sunday, April 22, 2007 8:10:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    JulieAnne - I think he's doing better, he's taking zithromax and is breathing a lot better now!

    Linda - Thanks!! He can breathe so now I can too!! LOL

    Lisa - Yah!! We had SIXTEEN TORNADOS last night. I think I dreamt of tornados because: 1) they've been warning us of tornados all week long and 2)because all the crap I'm dealing with now!!

    Thanks for being concerned!!

     
  • At Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Gee, Norman, I'm not sure *why* you could be dreaming about anything that transplants you after a whirlwind of craziness. Nope, can't figure it out at all! ;) You will be fine! I just know it!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com