Sunday, July 01, 2007
HI!!!!! Remember me?!
Hi my babies!

Sorry I've been such a terrible blog-host lately. I've had a little dose of life being thrown at me really fast lately.

Some interesting things I've seen in the past week:

A Haitian-looking guy walking down the street at 7:00am with a suitcase in each hand and three boxes of Krispy Kreme donuts balancing on his head.

A blind transvestite hooker with his/her guide dog

A bunch of assorted Emos

Five feet of floodwaters cascading past my sister's house, forcing me to drive 10 miles around the crossing when her house was visible from the floodwaters

and....

25 toads getting it on in the small hand-made pond in my sister's back yard

See? I may be busy, but I still take time to observe the things around me. And those things....were all blog-worthy in their own right - except that they've happened and now I've forgotten all the events that led up to them. I'm ADD that way.

So - my new job at the VLC is so very cool. It took them FOUR DAYS to cover all the benefits that will be mine now that I've joined up. FOUR DAYS. InCREDible. I'm extremely happy, and I think I will be staying there for quite a while...unless my former brother in law gets me fired, that is.

My sister decided to tell me on the day before I started that her ex-hubby worked there. HOLY CRAP! I haven't seen/talked to that sorry piece of dogshit since the day he walked out on my sister, which is probably a good thing because for sure I'd be going to hell with what I'd tell him.

But nope, he works at the VLC. AND, so does his little homewrecker that he married 10 days after their divorce was final.

Norman will have to be on her best behavior when it comes to those two. The good news is that it will be unusual to run into him or her because there are well over 14,000 employed there. The bad news is that, the longer I stay there, the more likely it is that our paths will cross.

And the even badder news is that even if our paths cross, I'll have to be all nice to him and everything because the gossip we've heard is that the guy was just diagnosed with liver cancer. So I can't be mean to him.... sucks to be me.

But - HEY! I'm alive, and I'm wondering what all YOU guys have been up to! And don't worry if you don't hear from me too much in the next few weeks. Our closing on the house has been moved up from August 15th to July 13th. WE'RE HOUSE HUNTING!

I'll post pics of my new house as soon as we buy it!

NORM!
 
posted by Norman at 5:44 PM | Permalink |


11 Comments:


  • At Sunday, July 01, 2007 6:29:00 PM, Blogger tazzie

    Just remember to think about all those perks, if/when you run into ex-bil and smile sweetly. And think about what an (I hope) awsome life your sister now has w/out him. She's much better without him in her life. And, as long as, he's not in your section at work you may never see him!!! Think happy thoughts, and becareful out there w/those floods/drought/fires/tornadoes, ect.... (and they say global warming doesn't exist....sheesh)

     
  • At Sunday, July 01, 2007 8:00:00 PM, Blogger ADW

    I love it when the toads get it on.

    Yay! New house.

     
  • At Monday, July 02, 2007 2:59:00 AM, Blogger HotDudi

    I was wondering what had happened to you!! Glad you're back...did your hubby have to pay out a big ransom to get you back!?! ;-)

    I hate when you have to be nice to people just because they have a life threatening disease!

     
  • At Monday, July 02, 2007 5:39:00 AM, Blogger Lisa

    Typical Norman. Never a dull moment in your life! LOL

    Hang in there girl! Can't wait to see the new digs.

     
  • At Monday, July 02, 2007 5:56:00 AM, Blogger A couple of newer paintings 2019

    Missed you Norman! Beginning to think you were lost in San Antonio or kidnapped or something.

    Glad the new job is going well & sounds like the x-brother-in-law is getting his.

    Looking forward to new house pics!

     
  • At Monday, July 02, 2007 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    Thank goodness you're back. I was worried you were at the mercy of some unsavory characters and I was going to have to go to Texas to kick some ass.

     
  • At Monday, July 02, 2007 11:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    NORM!!!!!! you incredible example of womankind
    I AM SAM I AM
    thank god your back. i was so afraid that they had decided your work here was done and beamed you back to the mother ship.
    sounds like you have had a veritable plethora of life changing experiences. tell you what... i'll see (pun intended) your blind transvestite hooker, and raise you with this. yesterday was mine and my daughters birthday. she is 16, i'm old enough to have a 16 year old daughter. today i took her to get her license. just a few minutes ago, i stood on the front porch and watched her drive off BY HERSELF for the first time. i dont know if i should laugh or cry.
    so in the words of an old country song "think i'll just stay here and drink"

     
  • At Monday, July 02, 2007 11:43:00 AM, Blogger Coffeypot

    I wouldn’t worry about the ex-brother-in-law and his whore. Where I use to work everyone was ex-spouses, new spouses met at work while with old spouse, or dating one or the other. It was so bad it was difficult to gossip about someone because the may be kin or ex’s or perspective lovers. But three days of benefits is worth telling sister you won’t defend her. Just be civil to them and you will find your work life better. Congrats.

     
  • At Monday, July 02, 2007 10:35:00 PM, Blogger Ace

    I'm moving, too. I feel your pain.

    And just remember, whatever you do, if the dude's a shit, and he's got a bad disease, no matter what, don't tell him he got what he deserved. Even if he did. Bad Karma.

    And awkward in public.

     
  • At Tuesday, July 03, 2007 12:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I missed you! Happy house hunting.

     
  • At Friday, July 06, 2007 10:31:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    This isn't good. I think she WAS abducted and this blog was a ruse to throw us off their devious tracks.

    WE MUST UNITE TO FIND MY BELOVED!!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com