Monday, August 06, 2007
It’s all fun & games until someone gets my foot up their ass
As promised – here are the answers for the following people who are dedicated and respond to my posts. (to all: please read the censure that is creeping into my tone)

Freak – The top bedroom with the gnarly window blinds are mine. But remember: if the blinds are a rockin’ don’t come knockin’…cause me and the mister might be playing….tiddly winks. My new job is going like gangbusters, but I’m in a 6 week long training course and I’m on week 3. I’m really eager to get to the nuts and bolts of the whole thing!

Lynn – Nope. No sign of the wee ghostie. For which I’m immensely relieved. The reason is because if he/she/it had shown up, I would have had to admit that I must really be, certifiably insane.

Lisa – The mister and I are now officially broke. Here is the short list of some of the things we’ve purchased since moving here: A new stainless steel dishwasher, and then, because I’m a snob & everything must match, a new stove, over the range microwave, and fridge. Then we bought two armchairs, and an accent piece, and a television cabinet for the kids upstairs playroom. Then we bought a projection tv and some other odds and ends. I’m not allowed to hold the debit card anymore because it’s still hot from lack of funds and over-use.

Subservient – I’m glad to be back too!!! When did you change your name!?

Charlotte – Thanks!! It’s going better now since I siliconed in the shower stall to prevent any further leaks!


So those are the answers to the last post.

Now – for the new stuff!

Remember when I told you about my neighbor in Amarillo that I believed to be a drug-running murdering underworld figure? No? Well – maybe that’s because I deleted the post about 2 hours after I wrote it. I was too chicken to leave it up for fear that I would become his next victim.

But all is well now since I’ve moved and I have new neighbors who are inherently more normal than what I left…right? I mean: in theory – that’s a nice thought.

Well – Saturday night I was subjected to my new next door neighbor inviting 50 of his closest friends over for an all night long get together involving karaoke. And not just any karaoke. Oh no. Couldn’t be simple like that.

It had to be: ASIAN KARAOKE.

And they were no good!! I had no idea what the HELL they were singing. Oh sure – the background music was funky in a good sort of way. Don’t get me wrong. But the singers! Oh my God! At first I thought someone was mudering a cat in the backyard. But sing they did, and with gusto. Until 5 am in the morning. I swear I even heard the Oriental version of “Achy Breaky Heart” (No – I do NOT recommend this selection if you ever get the urge to sing karaoke in Thai).

So looks like I exchanged the sinister, scary drug-runner with the jovial, amateur Chinese glee club. I can’t decide which one I preferred.

But hey! Let’s look on the bright side. At least now I’ll have stuff to blog about for you guys!
NORM!
 
posted by Norman at 7:41 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At Monday, August 06, 2007 10:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Yay Norman! I'm glad you are back! I'm also glad you are setteling in nicely. And at least with the karaoke, you won't have to worry about drug busts. Always a plus, don't you think?

     
  • At Tuesday, August 07, 2007 5:13:00 AM, Blogger HotDudi

    It's so good to have you back Norm!!

    PS - I'm not surprised you're not allowed to hold the card anymore!! It sounds like it took a serious battering! Sheesh!

     
  • At Tuesday, August 07, 2007 9:37:00 AM, Blogger Marni

    Soooo glad you are back!

    Why didn't you take over some sake and sing along?

     
  • At Tuesday, August 07, 2007 9:44:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    Embrace the cultural difference, darlin'!! Go with it!!

    And I thought we discussed how you having an upstairs bedroom only makes things more difficult for me. >:(

     
  • At Tuesday, August 07, 2007 2:31:00 PM, Blogger RVVagabond

    So can the Asian karaoke be any worse than the contestants on "Don't Forget the Lyrics?" Owww!

     
  • At Tuesday, August 07, 2007 7:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Tiddly winks...so that's what they're calling it nowadays...

     
  • At Wednesday, August 08, 2007 7:50:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Talula0658 - I don't know... maybe it was drugs that made them sing the way they did...opium den or SOMETHING

    Hotdudi - :) I love our new toys!

    Marni - I can't stand sake!! My husband loves the stuff tho -- AND he loves singing "Mandy" by that Manilow man. Could have been dangerous.

    FM - Well gee. Sorry my dream house isn't YOUR cup of tea!!

    linda - what's don't forget the lyrics?!

    Charlotte - well YEAH it's called tiddlywinks...what else do you call it?

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com