Wednesday, August 08, 2007
SOMEBODY had a case of the Monday's today
Geez. Want to hear about my day- 'O'- fun? You do?! Well - gee, you must if you are reading this stupid blog!

It started like this:

I got my lazy butt out of bed after staying up until 2 am watching "Zodiac". Pretty interesting little movie there - let me tell you. But anyway - the point is: I was TIRED. Very Tired. So I dragged my way to my car and left for work. I was sitting at the stop light about 1 mile away from my house, when i saw a cop pulling over some guy coming in the opposite direction.

Nothing earthshattering...just some poor slob getting a ticket. He signaled he was pulling over, and ended up parallel to me. I had my windows open since it was nice and coolish this morning and he glanced over at me. I managed a sympathetic look and checked the light again. Still red.

Looking back over at the man, he was still facing my way while sitting calmly and waiting for his ticket. What a shitty way to start the day. Or so he thought. Things swiftly bottomed out for this man.

APPARENTLY the cop did not have his morning donut yet - because he exited his car - DREW HIS GUN - and started approaching the guy's car. "HEY!" he yelled, "HEY! OUT OF THE CAR. DOWN ON THE GROUND. NOW!"

The man's head whipped around. He looked at the cop, he looked at the gun, he looked back at ME (I'm looking for the quickest way outta the OK Corral), and started yelling back to the cop. "IT'S COOL MAN! IT'S COOL! I AIN'T DONE NOTHING!"

"DOWN ON THE GROUND......NOW!!!" And the cop approached him with his gun drawn, arm stiff.

By now - myself and everyone else at the light are riveted with fear and morbid curiousity to see out this would all play out. We were STUCK. So was that guy. Then the light changed, and everyone hit the gas while simultaneously grabbing their cell phones to call their friends and tell them about the drama.

As I drove away - I checked my rear view mirror and saw the man diving out of his car and biting the ground.

Man.

Sucks to be him today.
 
posted by Norman at 7:50 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At Thursday, August 09, 2007 3:57:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    "Apparently the cop did not have his morning donut..." Ah Norman, how cliched. Perhaps the man sitting there so innocently had a warrant for armed robbery, or because he beat his girlfriend with a baseball bat. You just never know.

    Scary stuff to witness, to be sure.

     
  • At Thursday, August 09, 2007 4:00:00 PM, Blogger Silliyak

    Re "Zodiac", I had the feeling Robt Downey Jr had been studying his whole life for that part.

    Also I grew up in the Bay Area and remember that whole thing, it was pretty creepy.

     
  • At Thursday, August 09, 2007 4:54:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    You don't know the whole story, probably. My girlfriend got pulled over when we were on our way to Key West and the cop said, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" She said no (why do they ask that?) and he said, "Your car matches the description of a car used in a robbery. But the suspects are male and you're not, so you're free to go."

     
  • At Friday, August 10, 2007 8:35:00 AM, Blogger Coffeypot

    The least the cop could have done is shoot the guy while you were there so your story would have an ending. Recon the guy stole the cop’s donuts?

     
  • At Friday, August 10, 2007 3:13:00 PM, Blogger HotDudi

    Maybe the guy had a box of krispy kremes in the car!?!

    Funny how we always take it for granted that the police have the right to do whatever they want...you'd never question it would you?

     
  • At Sunday, August 12, 2007 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Lisa

    But it wasn't even a Monday.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com