Thursday, October 25, 2007
Day Off
It's my day off. Tomorrow is my day off as well. Then I work all day Saturday and have Sunday off again.

I don't know if I'm diggin' my new schedule. I don't know if I'm too crazy about my new employer, the "VLC" either.

I have this crappy schedule for the next 2 months. I have to work 10 hour days on Mon-Wednesday, which means that when I get home, my kids are going to bed. Then on my days off, they are in school...with the exception of Avery.

Don't get me wrong - I love the peace and quiet of only having to deal with one child all day...it's soooooo easy and I like being able to dedicate undivided attention to her, but I miss my other kids.

My last job for the previous eight years was straight 8-4:30, making twice as much as I do now. I like my weekends off. Also - my new job has a lot of "unreasonable" demands for the amount per hour they pay me. I'm wondering if it would just be a better idea to use my two weekdays off each week to search for another job. The only thing I need to look for is a job that will promise immediate insurance benefits.

I mean -- I couldn't get paid any less, so that's the nice thing about thinking about changing jobs...I wouldn't take a pay cut like I did when I moved here!! LOL

I'm kinda depressed right now. For those of you that don't know - occasionally I fall into a deep funk, and I think I'm heading there now. My husband's grandmother is back at our house and has been for the past 2 weeks. She was supposed to leave today until my husband convinced her to stay until Saturday. Shit. She's super critical of me, and her and I don't see eye to eye. She constantly follows me around, and when we go to the grocery store, she gripes about how much money I spend. For instance... I bought Classico spaghetti sauce. The woman grabbed the jar, put it back on the shelf and replaced it with some generic store brand that I know for a fact, tastes like ass. Then she informed me that I'm too liberal with her grandson's money, and she needed to educate me on proper shopping techniques.

I told her I earn a paycheck too, and put my Classico back in the cart. Then we repeated the same performance with the apples and every other thing I bought. Then she got upset at our house because I had TWO dishtowels out by the sink. According to her - I'm wasteful and throw money around. According to ME, this is my fucking house and she's the guest so she can stuff it.

Deep funk - here I come
 
posted by Norman at 6:09 AM | Permalink |


13 Comments:


  • At Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:09:00 AM, Blogger Coffeypot

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At Thursday, October 25, 2007 7:11:00 AM, Blogger Coffeypot

    Take the poor little dear by the hand, lead her to a very comfortable chair, set her down and tell her, “Shut-the-fuck up. You are a GUEST in our house and you have no say-so at all about how we run our household or how we spend our money.

    You are living here on OUR money and the good graces of hour heart. If you do not like what you see, hear or smell, don’t let the door knob hit you in the ass on the way out.

    And don’t even think of changing the will. We have had to put up with you and your cranky ass attitude for years and we deserve compensation.

    Now, here is you bowl of Metamucil.

     
  • At Thursday, October 25, 2007 9:46:00 AM, Blogger Marni

    I agree with Coffeypot -- and I'm gonna use that one on him some day!

     
  • At Thursday, October 25, 2007 10:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh, Norma, I'm so sorry your going into a funk. But I won't try to talk you out of it, 'cause sometimes you've got to just sulk. Yeah, Grandma's can be real PIA's. sometimes. I remember growing up, My Grandma was mean to my mom, and she would just show up out of nowhere. So at least you don't have that! Anyway, I would job hunt if I were you, what have you got to lose? Good Luck on all fronts.

     
  • At Friday, October 26, 2007 4:49:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    Sorry to hear that the job with the VLC isn't working out as you had hoped. Customer service can be the pits.

    Dealing with Grandma? I always look at those situations as earning brownie points for whatever afterlife there is. ;-)

     
  • At Friday, October 26, 2007 5:33:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    LOL!!! Marni & Coffeypot are having a family feud on my blog!!! LOLOLOL!!!!

    I'm needing to take deeeeeep breaths right now. My husband just cornered me in the pantry and asked me to just "hold on" for one more day, because she leaves tomorrow. I shot back: "She should have left YESTERDAY, but you asked her to stay till Saturday....FUCKER"

    His defense is that he was just trying to be polite. whatever

     
  • At Friday, October 26, 2007 11:30:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    I can give you some of my happy pills. It won't make her go away, but you won't care.

     
  • At Friday, October 26, 2007 3:12:00 PM, Blogger MeHereNow

    BUMMER! BUMMER! BUMMER! I hate house guests they suck big time! I hope he doesn't be "polite" again and drives her far,far away tomorrow! Here's hoping! X

     
  • At Friday, October 26, 2007 6:58:00 PM, Blogger Christine

    Can you say "nursing home"? I knew you could. Get rid of the old bitty but first pack her a bag of cheap ass generic groceries and just ONE dishtowel. Good riddance.

     
  • At Friday, October 26, 2007 9:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You are SO much a better wife than I -- his grandma, his problem. She would not have been shopping with me, he would have spent the whole time entertaining her. Dang, I don't even answer phone calls from that side if the hubby ain't at home!

    Polite, my hiney......

     
  • At Saturday, October 27, 2007 8:00:00 AM, Blogger Lisa

    Maybe you need to print up a list of House Guest Rules and leave it on her pillow. LOL

     
  • At Saturday, October 27, 2007 1:24:00 PM, Blogger tazzie

    You should do what I do whenever my FIL comes to visit. Whenever my husband is at work I have "errends" to run that cannot wait. It's even worth taking the kids with me. Last time I just went to a nearby statepark and let the kids out to play for a few hours. It gives the kids and me some bonding time out that we wouldn't have had the get up and go to do otherwise. And I'm not put into jail for killing the FIL. It works wonders!!!

     
  • At Monday, October 29, 2007 9:33:00 PM, Blogger Moi

    Oh Norman. I soooo feel your pain on this one. My problem is with MIL & FIL. They have visited my house & stayed the night 16 times so far this year. We haven't even gotten to the effin holidays. Gah!

    I hope you avoid the funk. I'm just leaving mine. I always have humorous items to send if you need cheering up. Hope nudity isn't an issue. ;)

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com