Saturday, September 29, 2007
mini-update
Thought you guys would like to see a snippet of a little phone conversation I had with my mister today.

I went to Petsmart to get some kitty litter & food for the dogs. This is how my phone discussion went:

Me: Hunny!!
Mister: Yeah?
Me: Ohmygosh!! They have all these cats here for adoptions!
Mister: ok. bring it home


Isn't that cool!? He doesn't even argue with me! We got our kitty Olivia about 3 weeks ago. She's really settled in well. Things are going great. And so stupid me decided to throw another cat into the mix. Now we're busy trying to MAKE them like each other. Have you ever tried to MAKE a cat do anything? And Olivia? That cat's got SERIOUS attitude all of a sudden. This kitty I brought home today is probably one month older than Olivia, but Olivia is the resident Princess, and she won't let our new kitty out of the bedroom

And our new kitty? Well, I just couldn't resist her. She's GORGEEEEEOUS! I've never seen a cat like this. Once I got home, I looked up her markings on the internet. Seems she's what's known as a "Dilute Calico"...blue fur to be exact. Very pretty.

So now we've got Olivia and "Chloe". I think. I keep looking at her, and I don't know if the name Chloe fits. At the adoption center, they said her name was listed as "Serendipity", but shit.....trying saying THAT after you've had a few margaritas. So I renamed her Chloe. My man suggested "Sere" (rhymes with Cherry), and then we both kicked around the name "Sophie" or "Sophia".

And ideas? We're not firm on Chloe....

NAME MY CAT!!! I'll try to get a photo up of her some time time tomorrow (oh heck, and Olivia too), but I want cat names from you guys!!

Norman. the crazy cat lady
 
posted by Norman at 10:21 PM | Permalink |


15 Comments:


  • At Sunday, September 30, 2007 3:26:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    A diluted calico? Callie, of course.

     
  • At Sunday, September 30, 2007 8:24:00 AM, Blogger Duckie

    You could name it after a food. What food does your cat resemble the most? I had a friend with an orange cat and he named it "nacho". Kinda cute. You could name her.. Burrito! Or.. Salsa.. Beans... Lemon... Sugar..
    :D

     
  • At Sunday, September 30, 2007 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    My cat's a calico, and her name is Calley. Although she's really named after a Billy Squier song. It just works out that she's a Calico, too.

    And did you know all Calico cats are female?

     
  • At Sunday, September 30, 2007 10:27:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Hey Linda! Great name, but that's what my in-laws dog's name is: Callie. Otherwise - it'd be cute!! :)

    Duckie - hey! Cute! Right now though, I don't know how she'd respond to "Meow Mix" right now... LOL!

     
  • At Sunday, September 30, 2007 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Freak - HEY!! So that's two votes for Callie/Calley. But we're not nutso for The Squier like you are!!

    And yeppers. All calicos are female. Isn't that weird? If by some chance you DO find a calico that is male, it's sterile. Didja know THAT?!

     
  • At Monday, October 01, 2007 4:07:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    Okay, if she's the color of woodsmoke and fallen leaves, how about Autumn?
    Or get a third cat and then you can have Olivia, Newton and John. *snort*

    I need more coffee.

     
  • At Monday, October 01, 2007 6:15:00 AM, Blogger Marni

    OK... Linda And Denny's comment made me laugh out loud. So clever!

    A name - what about a character from your favorite movie or TV show?

     
  • At Monday, October 01, 2007 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Pumpkin

    I have a friend of a friend who named their cat Safeway, taken from the description:
    S.oft A.nd F.urry E.normous W.hiskers A.lways Y.awning maybe you coulde try something like that? I'm terrible for coming up with names, although I did call the many soft toys I had as a wee lass, 'Cuddles'.
    x

     
  • At Monday, October 01, 2007 1:58:00 PM, Blogger MeHereNow

    I wish my husband reacted like that when I mention getting a cat I get a FIRM "NO" every time!!


    My uncle named his cat LiShi - as in LIttle SHIt!! He ruled the roost seriously - the cat I mean not my uncle!!

    I vote for Callie though.

     
  • At Monday, October 01, 2007 4:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I think you should name her Matilda, I have a dog named Matilda and I call her tilly for short.

     
  • At Tuesday, October 02, 2007 9:14:00 AM, Blogger Moi

    You could go straight from Cheers. If you are Norman, she could be Cliff. Of course, that is a completely silly name for a girl ... but then, you are Norman.

    Azure is a good name. It means blue, and you can be totally drunk and say that. You can be totally sober and sound drunk when you say it. Go ahead and try. 8^)

     
  • At Tuesday, October 02, 2007 3:25:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Moi - LOL!!! I'm french, and yes... azure DOES sound like a drunk word. Of course = ALL french sounds drunk when I speak it with my texas twang!

     
  • At Tuesday, October 02, 2007 5:07:00 PM, Blogger A couple of newer paintings 2019

    When I was a kid, our calico cat was called Minerva.

     
  • At Wednesday, October 03, 2007 11:00:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    I did not know that about the sterile male calicos. That is interesting.

    Did you know all the cats who hang out at Hemingway's place in Key West all have six toes? And if I recall correctly, they actually call them Hemingway cats, like a breed.

    And did you know there's a water fountain in the backyard of the Hemingway house for them to drink out of (because cats love running water) made out of a men's toilet he took from his favorite bar when they were demolishing it?

    No, I'm not a crazy cat lady. I just know worthless cat info.

     
  • At Friday, October 05, 2007 5:18:00 AM, Blogger Persephone

    I want a puss cat ! Preferably a cantankerous git that no one else wants 'cause it moans and swears like a trooper. My kinda cat. Boyfriend is allergic though. Poo.

    Back to the point.

    Some friends had rather good names for their cats. Monster (aka Lord of the Invasion Fleet),he was a really big, really smart cat, and Edi, for Oedipus 'cause he loved his mummy. You could hang off naming until a character trait tells you.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com