Thursday, September 20, 2007
Turd Muffin
Turd muffin. That's what my son called my daughter tonight. A turd muffin. When asked if he knew what a turd muffin was, he described it well enough. I'm happy to report that his description was, "a muffin made out of poops". Gotcha. I understand. So into the corner he went after I wiped his tongue with soap. Damn I'm mean.

I just noticed that the last time I posted was Sunday, and that was when I posted the latest brouhaha over the Hannah Montana tickets. Apparently, the tickets were sold out even BEFORE they were offered online, and people.want.answers. Get over it!!! Ashy did. I find it amazing that a 9 year old is willing to accept that sometimes things don't go the way you want them to, but some parents are still demanding answers! One mother even told the paper that she was working double shifts so she could afford the scalper's prices! Now THAT is a turd muffin.

I don't have a picture of our family's newest addition, a cute little tabby kitty by name of Olivia, but now I'm delaying taking pictures of her. I have fears that Olivia won't make it. Mostly because Avery has decided that she should practice her powder puff technique of tackling on Olivia. Every now and then, Olivia comes tearing downstairs and vanishes under the couch. From upstairs, we hear a very healthy pair of 2 year old lungs belting out: "OOOOOLLLIIVIA!!!!" It reminds me of those old Foghorn Leghorn cartoons where the old Southern Gentleman is calling out, "O Belvedere!!!!! Come hear boy!" So very funny, but I don't think Olivia sees the humor. ('cuz she's a cat and all)

Am I the only person in blog land that feels sorry for Britney Spears? She gave a crappy-ass performance, and the entire world dumped on her, including calling her "fat". Well - she might have given a sorry performance that showed just how inept she was, but the chick is NOT fat. I would LOVE to be fat like her.

ok. I'm in a turd muffin mood and i'm signing out until something more interesting happens to me. (which right now means that it might be a week or two before I post again.) I think I might spend the next couple of days just cruising around blogs and reading what the more interesting people have to say and try to find some inspiration for more entries. The most exciting thing I've been doing lately at night is reading the rants & raves on CraigsList and playing miniature golf on Disney's Toontown. Woot!! (You've GOT to check out the Toontown!)

~Sayanora!

normy!
 
posted by Norman at 5:45 PM | Permalink |


10 Comments:


  • At Thursday, September 20, 2007 9:28:00 PM, Blogger Silliyak

    Your son would really enjoy the Prez's nickname for Karl Rove, "Turd Blossom"

     
  • At Friday, September 21, 2007 10:32:00 AM, Blogger Coffeypot

    How small is Olivia? Recon Fred would like to meet her? J-Man called Bug "ass breath" one night while they were over visiting and I hung him by his thumbs and beat him like a piñata right after we all got through laughing so hard. One of my biggest and favorite entertainment pastimes is to listen to the kiddies play, talk and fight when they think they are not being observed. I didn’t know my grandson was in the Navy.

     
  • At Friday, September 21, 2007 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    Every now and then when I decide maybe it's not in my best interest to curse like a sailor, instead of saying the 's' word, I say 'poop on a stick'. Have no idea where I picked that one up.

    And I would feel bad if Britney didn't do stuff like go out partying when she's at risk of losing her kids from that behaviour. The girl needs professional help. It's sad she's not smart enough to see that.

     
  • At Friday, September 21, 2007 6:38:00 PM, Blogger Moi

    I will miss you Norman! I think we lead parallel lives.

    I'll keep an eye out for your updates.

     
  • At Friday, September 21, 2007 9:48:00 PM, Blogger Mrs. H

    Reading my local paper today and I thought of you and the Miley dilemma.


    http://www.azfamily.com/news/3oys/stories/KTVK3OYS20070912_cyrus.caad18fa.html

     
  • At Sunday, September 23, 2007 8:40:00 AM, Blogger Pumpkin

    Okay, so 'Turd Muffin' is about the funniest thing I've ever heard and I may even have to adopt it as my newest and most favourite curse word.......I mean you can say 'Turd Muffin' with the sweetest smile on your face and it still comes across well.
    Love it!
    x

     
  • At Monday, September 24, 2007 7:13:00 AM, Blogger Marni

    OMG! Miniature golf in Acorn Acres is so. much. fun! We must meet up sometime for a match...

     
  • At Tuesday, September 25, 2007 3:42:00 AM, Blogger Marni

    Got your message... I'll try to get on there tonight.

    BTW: Look for Miss Ginger Spackleberry...

     
  • At Tuesday, September 25, 2007 1:29:00 PM, Blogger Christine

    My daughter is seriously addicted to toontown. If I have to look at that deformed dog one more day, I am going to have to rip my eyes out. And here YOU are encouraging people. Geez.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 26, 2007 3:49:00 AM, Blogger Marni

    I tried, Norman, but it said you have too many friends on your friends list... then it expired.

    Bummer!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com