Sunday, September 16, 2007
Well that's some craziness I won't be participating in.
I know you guys never thought you'd hear ME saying something is too crazy for me... but wait. Listen:

Have you ever heard of Hanna Montana? Or the Jonas Brothers? Hmm... well - if you don't have kids, chances are you might not of. But I have three kids, and they all LOOOOOOOVVE Hanna Montana. Ashy thinks she IS Hanna Montana (or Avril Lavigne, depends on the day. Sometimes she thinks she's Hilary Duff and then I start calling her Sybil and asking her when she thinks she's gonna be Britney Spears cuz then I'm gonna shave her head and then she cries because I'm just so mean, but hey I'm a mom and I can go off on tangents like this).

oops. I digressed.

Anyhoooos, Hanna Montana is coming HERE to San Antonio, and tickets went on sale for the November 12th show on Saturday the 15th. And then they sold out in a matter of 30 minutes. 20,000 seats sold out like POOF!

And I didn't get any tickets.

My name was mud. So being the good mother that I am, I logged onto e-Bay. And being the bad mother that I am promptly logged off when I saw the going rates.

$750.00 for two tickets in the nosebleed section.

I'm not shitting you. That's the low rate. One ticket in the front row is $1350.

I'm not paying that. I showed Ashy and she said she understood, but she had great big crocodile tears in her eyes and I felt about this big.

I hate not being rich at times like this -- but you know what? I want to say that I think if I was rich - - and could have afforded tickets that a family could go to DisneyWorld on for 2 weeks... I STILL WOULDN'T HAVE PAID THAT MUCH.

Great Googly Moogly that's an assload of money for a pre-teen she-spawn of Billy Ray Cyrus. I never even paid money to go see his frickin' mullet top when he was yawping about his achy breaky heart. That had to be the stupidest cheesiest song ever - and it almost made me stop listening to country.

How can people SLEEP at night knowing that the majority of the world cannot afford the price of tickets like that yet still charge for them? Don't they know that more gullible parents had to hawk the family roadster in order to pay for 2 hours of pre-pubescent kids popping boners to Miley Cyrus?

Sheesh.

So - yeah. That's some craziness that I will not participate in. I know that someday Ashy will appreciate it.
 
posted by Norman at 9:05 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At Monday, September 17, 2007 4:58:00 AM, Blogger Marni

    We'll be mud together... her tickets sold out in 15 minutes here. (ATL) Could. Not. Believe. It.

    Bug wants to go soooo bad, but she understands mommy is not made out of money.

    I wish I had taken her to Six Flags to see the Jonas Brothers now... Live and learn...

     
  • At Monday, September 17, 2007 7:42:00 AM, Blogger AFC 30K

    Anyone who spends $1350 dollars on a front row seat is just stupid. I don't think it matters how rich you are it just sends the wrong message to the children.

    In my mind they need to learn the value of money and not be taken to a show at any cost just because they demanded it.

    It's a difficult pill to swallow but sometimes you don't always get your own way and that other peoples internet connection may be just that bit quicker!

    You have my sympathy as it's always difficult to chear up a disapointed child.

     
  • At Monday, September 17, 2007 8:57:00 AM, Blogger Coffeypot

    Funny stuff for a mean, cruel, heartless mother. I’m setting here chuckling and spilling coffee in my lap. Oh! How’s Fred? Have you found him/her yet?

     
  • At Monday, September 17, 2007 10:11:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    The first time I heard her name, I actually thought Cyrus named her Hanna Montana. Then someone else told me her sister's name is Naomi Wyoming.

    I'm so freaking gullible.

     
  • At Tuesday, September 18, 2007 12:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    All is not yet lost. Since this is such a popular show, there will probably be all sorts of ticket give-aways happening in the few weeks before the concert. Keep your eyes and ears open and you might just get those tickets yet.

     
  • At Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:33:00 PM, Blogger Teri

    I heard that there was a BIG stink about this concert, the tickets selling SO quickly and the price!?!? YIKES!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com