Saturday, February 11, 2006
Nigerian Scam? It ain't nuthin' compared to the Circus!
Hey! Well - it appears that my free internet e-mail service is being bombarded by scam-mail. Which is weird because I've never responded to any of the strange e-mails (like the one below). I only use that e-mail service for blogging. I got the NIGERIAN SCAM LETTER today! Now - who in their right name would STILL fall for this? Apparently - someone in my town did the other day. He's out $25,000. You know what? He deserves it for FALLING FOR IT!

Now that I've poked fun at this unfortunate soul, I'm all set to fall for the next scam myself.

We're taking our kids to the circus tonight. Now the circus is a scam unto itself. And a wildly successful one at that. First off - this circus uses the unfair battle tactics of sending FREE KID tickets to all the schools. So my children become excited at the fact that they have FREE tickets in their grubby little hands. Oh - we fell for the free ticket thing last time. At least this time we're more prepared. Sure - the kids get free tickets, but do you know how much the ADULT tickets are? $30. That's right. Thirty-freaking-dollars. Each. And this isnt' even Ringling Bros! This is "Circus Ghatti". I think they are gypsys. Hey - weren't gypsy's reknowned in the past for being scam-artists?

The second unfair tactic that Circus Ghatti uses, is all the CRAP they sell. And they PUSH this crap. Cotton Candy? $10. Snow Cone? $12. Plastic ball on a stick? $15. Circus Program? $7. Small dixie cup of coke? 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.99

Price gouging galore. So last year, we made it past all the vendors after squandering a mere $85. That was for two Adult Admissions, two cokes, two cotton candys, and one program. Seriously folks, that's worse than the movies and don't get me started on how scamish they are....

But we made it to our seats after telling our kids for the LAST TIME that we WERE NOT buying the swirling flashlight thingie. We thought we'd won.
Ha
ha
ha
haaaaaaa

Yeah - you know what the circus people did? During one of the shows, the ringmaster stepped out in the spotlight and proceeded to tell the kids that it was VITAL they had the flashlight thingies in order to properly highlight the next act. The clowns needed all the light they could get. And the clowns would DIE a horrible death by lion mauling if not everyone had a flashlight... yeah - that last sentence was a lie - but the INSINUATION was there! I swear! We ended up having to buy the kids flashlights. Pissed.me.off.

We swore up and down that we would never set foot in the circus again. Then they sent free tickets home yesterday. Yay.

So we're going tonight. But I'm bringing my own cotton candy! We just went and bought some of that "Fluffy Stuff" from the blockbuster video! Hooo-ahhh!!! We won that battle!

In the future, I think I might just go for the Nigerian Scam. I might be out less money, and it's not as noisy...

norman
 
posted by Norman at 1:48 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At Saturday, February 11, 2006 8:27:00 PM, Blogger Tammy

    Yea, I would have let the gypsy get eaten by the Lion. :)

     
  • At Saturday, February 11, 2006 8:43:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Tammy - Heh!! That might have been entertaining.

    The circus SUCKED this year. I think some of the gypsy's ran away to join the carnival instead. That's not a good thing.

    The kids favorite part was when the elephant pooped in the ring. Then the smell hit them. ICK. I hate elephant poop. ( I decided that tonight)

    They did get a picture with a baby kangaroo. Ashton got to hold it in her lap, and they made me get in the picture since an underage person was holding the wildlife. I sat Ethan on my leg and he looks like he's trying to run away. I'll have to scan the pic and post it.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com