Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Strange/weird stories anyone??
I've got two! Read them, and then feel free to tell me yours! I wanna hear!

I used to work in a nursing home. That was probably one of the most interesting jobs I've ever had. Some of the craziest, unexplained things would occur there.

There was this woman there, that was not very old compared to the other nursing home residents. She was MAYBE 67 years old. I don't remember why she was living there, but she'd moved in. I think maybe she was living there because she had no nearby relatives, but she was perfectly capable of living on her own. I remember thinking that she must just be lonely and chose to move in there. Anyway, one night, she rang the nurses station. It was about 11:00pm. When the nurse, Vicky, went in there "Zelda" was very nervous. She asked Vicky what time it was, and the Vicky replied "11:00. What's wrong? Do you need some help?" and Vicky told me that all Zelda would say was this "Oh no! At 12:00, I'm going to be dead!" So Vicky asked her if she was having chest pains, or something, and Zelda just kept saying that at midnight she'd be dead. Vicky checked her stats, calmed Ms. Zelda down, and left the room. At 12:05, Vicky decided to check on Zelda. Dead. The reason I know this story is because the next morning, while I was doing the patient census, Vicky was processing OUT of her job in the employment office. She was entirely too freaked out and decided to quit. Employment convinced her to remain, but let her take a week off.

Isn't that weird?? Now - another time, this man that I once worked with came to my office and asked if he needed to report to me that his wife had died. I didn't know his wife had been sick and asked if it was a sudden illness. He told me that she'd had a heart disease for awhile but they thought she was getting better, and that she had died Friday (it was a Monday). The first thing I asked him was why he was at work. He said that being home made the loss worse. I talked with him a little bit, and he was pretty tearful. Mind you, I don't know this guy very well, but he needed to talk and I guess he picked me. I felt so very bad for him. I did tell him that I would be calling his supervisor and recommend that he should go home. So he said, OK, he just wanted to know if he had any reporting requirements. He got up to leave, then sat back down, and said "I'll never forget Friday" I nodded my head. I was sure he wouldn't either. "She woke up from a nap and told me she didn't feel good, and that she wanted to go to the hospital. So I put her in the car and started to drive. We live about 40 miles from the hospital. We got about 1 mile down the road and she told me she felt better, that we should just go back home, but I told her we should at least get her checked out. She agreed and we kept going. About 20 miles into the drive, she sat forward in the passenger seat, looked at me, and I'll never forget the look of surprise on her face [he choked up here, then went on] and said 'I'm dead. I love you.' Then she pitched forward onto the dash, and I just knew she was gone." I had chills going up and down my spine while he told me this, I kept remember the woman from the nursing home. And this was just a very very strange thing that happened to him!

Aren't those two stories freaky?? How do they know they are dead or the time they are going to die??

I'm not an unfeeling person, but both of those things happened about 8 years ago (the first one) and about 1 year ago (the second), which is how I'm able to write about them. These are also 'first-hand' accounts from the people they happened to. So it's not some story of my best-friend's uncle's girlfriend's nephew knows about this. I know the actual people that this happened to, and neither of them are prone to embellishments.

I've shared two strange/weird stories. I love hearing them, feel free to tell me your strange/weird story in the comments! But it has to be from a source that you know to be true. It can't just be something you heard once. It has to be a personal experience or first-hand account (as told to you by the person who experienced it) Okay?? Tell me!
 
posted by Norman at 7:38 PM | Permalink |


16 Comments:


  • At Tuesday, February 07, 2006 10:43:00 PM, Blogger Karin

    Hi I just dropped by for the first time from Shangie's. I am intrigued by this post. Years ago when I was in elementary school my parents decided to add on to our house. My Dad drew blue prints of what he wanted the new room to look like and then hired a professional to built the room. When the company came to build the new room I was very interested in the construction and would help out as much as I could. However as much as I wanted to be a part of the construction I just didn't trust them, so I refused to step foot in the actual room they were building. The guys kept trying to get me to go into the room and I just couldn't I had a weird feeling about it. Weeks went by and the slimy construction company that my parents had hired left the job half done and half ass and were gone with all the money. Apparently this guy did this to a lot of people at the same time. WHen my parents hired the new company to finish the room I had no problem going into the room with their construction. I still don't know how I knew something was wrong. The guys working the job would not have known that the owner was taking off with the money. They stopped working because they hadn't been paid.

    I hope this qualifies as a weird story.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 08, 2006 4:35:00 AM, Blogger Norman

    Hi Belle! Yes - I go insane almost EVERYDAY when I see the number of 'returning lurkers' I have!! Thanks for commenting! That's one less marble I have to lose now!

    Karin - Well hell yeah that qualifies as a weird story! Isn't it strange how kids can 'sense' undercurrents of things going on??

    NORMAN!

     
  • At Wednesday, February 08, 2006 6:26:00 AM, Blogger Dari

    This is the first time I posting here and it looks like an intesting place to read....

    I have really enjoyed the daily journal please keep the keyboard clicking

     
  • At Wednesday, February 08, 2006 6:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi! I reckon I'm lurking too and can't remember if I've told you or not, so here I am again! I have done your frapper map so can I be legit now??!!

     
  • At Wednesday, February 08, 2006 7:05:00 AM, Blogger Michael

    Damn.

    So why all the obsession with death?
    Are you trying to tell us something.

    Only joking of course.


    I got nuthin.

    Take Care
    Michael

     
  • At Wednesday, February 08, 2006 8:38:00 AM, Blogger Beth

    K, I'll out myself. I'm a lurker too, I check all the blowout people's blogs, just don't have time to comment on all.

    My stories aren't quite as freaky though. My mom saw her dad when he died. He was visiting my parents and walked to the grocery store. My mom saw the ambulence go down the block and knew it was him despite the fact he was in perfect health. She got a neighbor to watch my sister's (it was before my time) and chased after the ambulence. When she go there they were doing CPR and she turned around and saw him standing behind her. She told the paramedics he was dead, before they pronounced him dead because "he" told her.

    The other one is I knew my Aunt was going to die before she did. My parents went to visit her the night before, because she was getting bad (she had cancer) and wouldn't let me go because I had school the next day. I told my mom that morning she was going to die and she did around noon.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 08, 2006 10:08:00 AM, Blogger Kim

    My story is kind of weird.....my parents moved back to the town I grew up in while I was finishing college. I opted to move back in with them and save money. The house they bought was really closed up and smelled really musty and the people had it custom built but were selling it after only 10 months. We finally got the smell out but my Grandma kept saying she knew what happened in the house, she had a dream and she knew.

    The room I stayed in is the room my Grandma know stays in as she is living with them. I would see bright flashes during the night that would wake me from sleeping. She won't tell anyone what happened but I am sure there is a ghost in that room.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 08, 2006 12:25:00 PM, Blogger Tammy

    No wonder you have ghosts. :)

     
  • At Wednesday, February 08, 2006 1:26:00 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Those are some crazy stories. I just wonder if I will know when I am going to die. I think that that would be really kind of cool. Not that I am hoping to die.

    I wrote a story.

     
  • At Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:10:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Coool freaky stories ya'll!! And look at all the lurkers that FINALLY came out!! Angie is only a semi-lurker though, because she outed herself once before ;-)

    Dari - Hey!! Thanks for coming, and come back and post some more!

    Angie - yes you can be legit! LOL!

    Michael - huh?? obsession with death?? Moi?? the person with dead people in her house?? obsessed?? go figure!

    Beth - That's definitely a WEIRD story. ewwweEEWwwwWWw!!! I have chills, CHILLS!! I guess I'll get to meet you in a couple weeks - huh?? Looking forward to it!

    Kim - Tell your Grandma that you really need to know what happened in that room because now you have a crazy blogger that's is DYING to know!!

    Tammy - Actually, that's only a couple of my real-life ghost stories (aside from my home life that is). I need your opinion, should future ghost stories that I post that are NOT related to my house go under ghost posts??

    Queen B - Awesome story on your blog. Very frightening! I'm sorry about your boyfriend...

     
  • At Friday, February 10, 2006 1:46:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey there, I was randomly surfing journal's and stopped when I came across your post. Anyway, my sort of weird story...

    When I was 18 I was driving through a heavy snowstorm on my way to pick up someone I knew from school. I had never been to her house before so I was paying more attention to the street signs than the road in front of me. As I looked back ahead of me, within only a few feet, there was a car stopped waiting to turn left into the subdivision. Being new to driving and all, I slammed on my brakes and tried to swerve into the right lane but I ended up smacking that car at what the police guessed was probably 30 miles an hour. Both cars were totaled. Anyway, I'm sitting in my car, freaking out, and this girl, with a neck brace on, gets out of the passanger side of the car I just hit and comes running up to me. She wasn't angry.. just concerned for me. Turns out she was being driven home from the hospital after just totaling her car by sliding into someone just like I did. So, she totaled her car that morning and I crashed up her boyfriend's car that afternoon. Talk about bad luck.

     
  • At Friday, February 10, 2006 6:50:00 PM, Blogger Northwoods Woman

    If I told you all my weird stories, you'd die!

     
  • At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:30:00 AM, Blogger A couple of newer paintings 2019

    A number of years ago my first father-in-law told me a story. He said he was very close to his grandfather throughout his early years and his grandfather was getting very old and feeble. My father-in-law was attending boarding school far away from where his grandfather lived. He told his grandfather that when he died, to give him (my father-in-law) a sign.

    One night he was sleeping and suddenly all the blankets fell off him to the floor. He pulled them back up again and again they fell off the bed to the floor. This occurred several times and a few minutes later one of the school employees came to him to tell him that his grandfather had passed away.

    This was much spookier when he told me the story. It just doesn’t seem the same putting it on paper.

     
  • At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:35:00 AM, Blogger A couple of newer paintings 2019

    Same father-in-law-

    One night he was sitting at the kitchen table when a knock came to the door. It was snowing heavily that night. He went to the door and no one was there but he could see footprints going down the walk.

    I still get goosebumps from that one.

     
  • At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 8:39:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Whew!! I didn't know people were still commenting on this post!! LOL

    Shannon - that's crazy! See? I love hearing about stuff like this!

    Livey - tell me, then if I die I can beat the (un)living crap outta my ghost!

    Sandra - BOTH of those stories are freaky as hell! Especially the second one!! OoOOooOooOoooooOOOO!!!

     
  • At Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:34:00 PM, Blogger SkippyMom

    Since someone posted as recently as Feb...sorry I just found you and it's August, I will post my weird story.

    My very best friend from grade school, Paul, and I spent all our b-days together .... even when we grew up (after H.S.) We were legal to drink at 18 (yes,that old) but either I was his designated driver or he was mine, depending on whose b-day it was.

    His 21st birthday was a Saturday night. My father was going into the hospital on Sunday to repair an aortic anurysm and I wanted to spend Saturday night with him, instead of being designated driver (my Dad had a 10/90 chance of living) Paul was great about it and agreed to have his 21st at his house and NOT DRIVE. I felt he was fine.

    While wandering around the number 1 military hospital in the US (think President Regan's surgeon operated on my Dad) the next afternoon waiting on my Dad's surgery to finish, while walking through an expansive atrium on the second floor, I heard over the hospital's speaker system (it sounded like an NPR radio broadcast)...."Mr. Zinnecker died dead on arrival at FFX hospital."
    1. They don't play random news radio over hospital systems.
    2. That is my friends real last name. It is so rare I COULD NOT have mistaken it.
    3. It was a simple car accident of a 21 yo in a very highly populated area (think 2 million plus) Paul wasn't being mentioned on a national broadcast-I am sure about 40 other people died that night in random car accidents, why mention him?

    My father was fine. My sis, Mom and I arrived home. They didn't know anything. I called Paul's house to wish him a Happy Birthday...knowing better...and his brother started crying. They had been waiting all day for my call.

    Paul was gone. He had let me know through a fake radio broadcast in the hospital.

    I know he shouldn't be as important to me as your brother is to you...but there hasn't been a day in 20 years that I haven't thougth about him and how my life would be different had he lived.

    Thanks for the blog.

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com