Friday, February 24, 2006
One of the reasons why I don't like math
Because it depresses me. How, you ask? Simple! Like this:

I've got three children. The oldest is almost 8. My kiddos are all 3 years apart. Now, generally speaking, and for ease of my mathematically challenged brain - I will be rounding numbers up or down, whichever I decide is easier in this little word problem.

Let's just say that Ashy is ALREADY 8, Ethan is 4 and Avery is 1
Let's just say that each month, I spend roughly $60 on diapers and hiney wipes

I was thinking to myself, that I don't think that there has been one single time in the last 8 years that I haven't bought diapers. How much money is that?

$60 times 12 months times 8 = a shitload of money on diapers. (pun intended of course) $5760 to be exact. Crap. And I can theoretically expect to buy diapers for one more year unless Avery turns out to be some sort of superkid that decides she's not going to subject me to anymore stinky diaper changes. So let's just project an additional $720 onto that figure.

I can expect to shell out $6480 by this time next year on poop catchers. I swear. If I was a stay at home mom I'd so be doing the cloth diapers.

Guys - that's an assload of money, and now I'm depressed that I have the ability to figure that out (since I'm taking math classes now). Also - I'm depressed that I actually chose that to figure out.

I guess I'm just really really really tired of diapers! Especially when Avery does the helium poops like she loves to do. (Tammy calls them "Poonamis")

Ok. Well - I guess I need to go change a diaper. I guess you can call this a pretty crappy post.
 
posted by Norman at 8:00 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At Friday, February 24, 2006 8:20:00 PM, Blogger Dari

    Despite that, I wish I am as good as you are in math....let me figure how much would I had saved,mmmmm the last one is now 7, yes roughly the same amount 5 years ago, and yes it is pretty crappy calculation

     
  • At Friday, February 24, 2006 8:37:00 PM, Blogger pack of 2

    I once figured out how much I will spend in a lifetime for tampons & it pissed me off...LOL.

    I do that with other things too...not all the time though...I swear:)

    Shelly

     
  • At Friday, February 24, 2006 9:01:00 PM, Blogger Tammy

    Oh. Wow. I never thought of it that way. Thankfully, my youngest is about to turn 3, so I'm almost done. I think. If she would stop refusing to use the potty!

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 3:37:00 AM, Blogger Unknown

    i think it would have been great to see the grateful dead write songs about raising kids.

    instead of "living on reds, vitamin c, and cocaine" the lyrics would become "living with wipes, helium poop, and the potty train..."

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 2:58:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    Another mark on the "con" side of having kids. I'm keeping track of the things y'all say.

    Hey, I'm talking like Norman!

    Darlin'

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 5:49:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Dari - I'm REALLY REALLY not good in math. It's why I'm so proud of myself that I got a B. I have a sneaking suspicion that the teacher dumbed it down for me.

    Pack of 2 - ICK!! I haven't attempted to do that particular calculation yet...

    Tammy - I'm soo jealous! You're almost done with potty training. You know what that means? Time for another!

    Diego - They did write a song about raising kids... "I will Survive" or was that Gloria Gainer? Or who the heck sang that?

    Freak - don't look at the cons! Look at the pros... they far outweigh the cons. Pros are definitely heavier than cons...

    And you don't talk like me... unless you can say this sentence properly:

    "Hey, did you hear that siren? It was very loud. I'm very curious to see what is going on."

    did you read it? Should sound like this:

    "Haaaay ... did yew hear that there Sigh-reen?? 'Bought tore my dadgum ears off. Wut's goin' on, I wonder."

     
  • At Saturday, February 25, 2006 6:34:00 PM, Blogger Nicki

    Okay.

    Maybe I don't talk like you.

    :-P

     
  • At Sunday, February 26, 2006 11:19:00 PM, Blogger Greg

    You think the diapers are costing ya wait till they discover the other kids in school are not wearing the same inexpensive clothes they have been wearing. Yep it only gets more expensive as they get older. Enjoy while you can ;)

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com