Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Mommy Moment and a Meme
Howdy.

I'm having a Mommy Moment. I'm a nervous wreck. My poor baaaaaybeeee!! Avery is having tubes put in her ears tomorrow morning, and I'm just beside myself. None of my other kiddos had to have tubes - although, Ashy got Strep Throat repeatedly until they took her tonsils out. That happened when she was 3. At least she KINDA understood what was going on, and accepted the fact that after her tonsils were out, she wouldn't get so sick anymore. That child would run temperatures up to 105.3. We were on a first-name basis with the ER staff. But again - you could explain things to her and she would understand. Ever tried to explain to a 17 month old that they can't have a sippy cup until mid-afternoon when they are STARK RAVING MAD with thirst? We just gave Avery her last drink for the night and put her to bed. I just know this child is going to wake up at 3 in the morning and want a drink. She does it all the time. And she's going to be miserable when we tell her no. Let's see: 17 month old child...3 am in the morning... tantrum.. Yup. She's going to be miserable. Almost as miserable as I am now just knowing that she's going to have tubes stuck in her ears tomorrow. Poor little thing. I keep telling myself that it'll be better for her in the long run - but I'm still nervous.

So to distract myself - I've decided to participate in the Meme that Tammy posted on her blog. (She thiefed it from someone else).

1. How did you get the idea for your profile name?
My son tagged me with the name last year!

2. What song are you playing now, or wish you were playing? I don't know?

3. Has the death of a celebrity ever made you cry?
Believe it or not, I cried when George Burns died.

4. What colour underwear are you wearing?
Yellow!

5. Do you want a baby? Nah... I've got 3. That's plenny!!!

6. What does your dad do for a living?
Retired Military, wanna-be golfer, professional pest to my mother

7. What does your mum do for a living?
Retired Country Club Manager, Daycare provider for my babies, puts up with my dad

8. What is/are your pet's name(s)?
Spooky (my very first pet... died 15 years ago *sob*), Tinker, Junior, Trixie and a bunch of unnamed guppies (roughly 89 of them)

9. What colour are your bed sheets? Cafe Latte (which is the manufacturers fancy way of saying "light brown"

10. What are the last 3 digits of your phone number? 909

11. What was the last concert you went to? Stone Temple Pilots, but Cheap Trick opened for them. I was more excited to see Cheap Trick...

12. Who was with you? My husband, and Ashton (but she wasn't born yet)

13. What was the last film you watched? Derailed. (and the next movie I'm going to see is THE DAVINCI CODE!!)

14. Who do you dislike most at this moment?

My stupid-ass, back-stabbing, self-righteous lying Mormon co-worker (he's ruined Mormon's for me forEVER)

15. What food do you crave right now? Margarita! A big 'un

16. Did you dream last night?
I haven't the foggiest. I rarely remember dreams...

17. What was the last TV show you watched? World Poker Tour.. Scotty Nguyen just won the tournie

18. What is your fav piece of jewelery? My margarita earrings!

19. What is to the left of you? My husband... he's everywhere

20. What was the last thing you ate? Chili

21. Who is your best friend of the opposite sex? My hubs

22. Who last MSN'd you? No one. No one loves me.

23. Where is your significant other right now? Well... about 5 seconds ago he was sitting right next to me, but he just walked outside to go have a cigarette.. so he's in the smoking area of our house - which is OUTSIDE.

24. Do you have a crush? Oh please. Like I'd admit to that on HERE. My husband reads this!! I'd never hear the end of it.

25. What is his/her name? Norman's Husband (ahhhHA!)

26. When was the last time you had your hair cut?
I was supposed to remember that?

27. Are you on any meds? No, but it'd be lovely if someone would share some with me...I think I need it... LOL

28. Do you have a mental disease? No? I dunno. I happen to think I'm normal. I just think everyone else is weird and mental.

29. What shirt are you wearing? My comfy flannel shirt!!

30. Are you sexy? I'm about as far away from sexy as you can get.

31. What's your favourite store? Oh .... WALMART FOREVER!! *gags*. ummm - make that Eddie Bauer

32. Are you thirsty? YES. Need ... margarita... NOW.

33. Can you imagine yourself ever getting married? I hope so!! Cause I am!!

34. Who's someone you haven't seen in a while and miss? My brother. I really miss him...

35. Where do you work? well.....I could tell you - but then I'd have to kill you.


So there's my meme and dammit - I'm still worrying about my Avery. I think I'll go chew my fingernails down to a nub now.

Norm!
 
posted by Norman at 7:43 PM | Permalink |


14 Comments:


  • At Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:47:00 PM, Blogger pack of 2

    Oh, Norm...Avery will be fine but I TOTALLY understand why you're worried. It'll be over before you know it.

    I loved getting to know more about Norman in this meme. You're funny, as always, girl.:)
    Angie

     
  • At Thursday, May 11, 2006 4:04:00 AM, Blogger Greg

    I hope Avery has a speedy recovery and everything goes as planned. :)

    Peace

     
  • At Thursday, May 11, 2006 6:43:00 AM, Blogger Monogram Queen

    I'll be thinking about you and Avery this morning! Madison is 18 months and my only baby so EVERYTHING stresses me out. I can only imagine! Hugs to you & Avery

     
  • At Thursday, May 11, 2006 6:51:00 AM, Blogger Nap Queen

    I'll keep you and Avery in my thoughts :) We had cat named Spooky that lived to be about 20. My parents had him before they had me or my sister!

     
  • At Thursday, May 11, 2006 9:10:00 AM, Blogger RVVagabond

    Poor Avery, tubes are not fun. Darby has his first set put in at 13 months and had to have them replaced at regular intervals until he was 10 years old. However I now firmly believe that the fact that his father and I were both heavy smokers and we smoked in the house (this was back in the 70s) aggravated his sinuses and the ear infection problem. When I stopped smoking (his father stopped years earlier after they discovered a brain tumor) Darby stopped getting colds. Unfortunately, he was 15 years old by that time.

    It won't be a fun experience at the hospital but it'll be easier than you think.

     
  • At Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:05:00 AM, Blogger Nicki

    ZOMG!! Eddie Bauer is MY favorite store, also!! I can't shop there with one girlfriend because she doesn't understand it's okay to own the same shirt/sweater in different colors.

    And don't worry about the tubes. It'll be fine. It'll be over and done with before you know it.

     
  • At Thursday, May 11, 2006 3:27:00 PM, Blogger Mise en Place

    Great list. I may just have to snake it, lol!

    Man, my Hubbs is everywhere too. What IS that? :):)

     
  • At Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:49:00 PM, Blogger Norman

    Angie - you were right!! The procedure took about 10 minutes... TOPS. She was back to her normal self by this afternoon!

    Greg - your hopes came true! Thanks for the well wishes!

    Patti - Thanks!! And since you have one so close in age - if they ever mention 'tubes' to you... don't freak out! It wasn't that bad (for Avery that is!!) She was running around back to her normal self by afternoon!

    Nap Queen - You had a Spooky too!? Cool! Spooky still tops my list as the best. pet. ever. I miss her, and keep a picture of her on our fridge...

    Linda - My hubby and I don't smoke around the kids... smoking is done outside STRICTLY!! I love your son's name: Darby.... WAY COOL! When I was pregnant with Avery - the names I'd chosen for her were: Avery, Emma, or Darcy.

    Freak Magnet - I GOT A EDDIE BAUER CARD!! LET'S GO SHOPPING!

    Momyblogr - Go for it!! I wanna see yours!


    all: Thanks for the well-wishes! Avery pulled through with flying colors. I've even given her a bath already WITH the ear plugs in. I was afraid it would be a battle to keep/put the ear plugs in - but she was a real trooper and kept them in. YAY!

     
  • At Thursday, May 11, 2006 8:05:00 PM, Blogger pack of 2

    sorry i am so late...I was working:)

    Glad that it went well for her!!!

    loved the list.

    Shelly

     
  • At Friday, May 12, 2006 4:58:00 AM, Blogger HotDudi

    I'm glad things went well :-) This is the advantage of her being so young...she doesn't care what you stick in her ears...as long as she gets to play! ;-)

    My thoughts are with you :-)

     
  • At Friday, May 12, 2006 12:16:00 PM, Blogger Fabnormal

    Glad it went well! :)

     
  • At Friday, May 12, 2006 12:46:00 PM, Blogger Tammy

    "professional pest to my mother" so very funny."

    Oh, and yes Derailed was very creepy.

    Are you sure your hubby is to your left? It may be the ghost!

     
  • At Friday, May 12, 2006 1:10:00 PM, Blogger Spicy Cracker

    I'm glad all went well! I'm getting better at this updating thing.

     
  • At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 7:31:00 PM, Blogger Ace

    I'm catching up. I'm glad it went well!

     
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com