Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Glad I'm not a snail
Well - my ear still hurts. So I don't feel very creative. Pain does that to me ya know.

I want to post SOMETHING though, so I'll put up an e-mail that I got that had some interesting facts that I never knew. I feel smarter now ...

Facts You Probably Never Knew:

Barney Fife's middle name was Oliver

A one-day old antelope can run 23 mph

A hippo's stomach is 10ft long and can hold 400 lbs of food.

A hippo can also run faster than a human

A human kidney weighs about 5oz, and processes about 425 gallons of blood a day.

Did you know that your tendons have half the tensile strength of steel?

A survey once reflected that children in the US, ages 8-12 could name more brands of beer than presidents.

Mozart wrote "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" when he was 5 years old

In some states, it is illegal to dance to "The Star Spangled Banner"

Male monkeys go bald just like men

Buzz Aldrin's mother's maiden name was "Moon"

60% of Athiests and Agnostics say they own at least one Bible

When astronauts returned from the moon, they had to go through customs

Mosquitoes are attracted to the color blue

A giraffe can clean its ears with it's tongue

Did you know it's impossible to lick your elbow? (Unless you're Gene Simmons, that is)

Lemon Pledge has more lemons in it than Country Time Lemonade

It can take up to 12 hours for snails to mate, but they will only mate ONCE in their lives.


****EDIT ALERT!***

Do you guys have any oddball facts you'd like to share?? Post them in comments! I'd love to learn new stuff. Here! I have one more for you from my PERSONAL OBSERVATION OF LIFE:

Did you know, that typically your forearm is the length of your foot? Measure from the inside of your elbow to your wrist..
 
posted by Norman at 7:36 PM | Permalink |


14 Comments:


Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com